The Nerf Stampede is a fully automatic, battery-powered dart assault rifle.

This is a discussion on The Nerf Stampede is a fully automatic, battery-powered dart assault rifle. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.aggrogate.com/2010/07/cub...tampede-rifle/ Hasbro has been hyping a mysterious new Nerf gun for months, cryptically talking about "9-9-10" as the release date but saying little else. Last ...

Thread: The Nerf Stampede is a fully automatic, battery-powered dart assault rifle.

Cool The Nerf Stampede is a fully automatic, battery-powered dart assault rifle.

http://www.aggrogate.com/2010/07/cub...tampede-rifle/

Hasbro has been hyping a mysterious new Nerf gun for months, cryptically talking about "9-9-10" as the release date but saying little else. Last night, at a bar in midtown Manhattan, the company finally showed off this new weapon, and it looks like the wait was worth it.

The Nerf Stampede is a fully automatic, battery-powered dart assault rifle. If the Nerf Vulcan is Hasbro's answer to the M2 Browning, the Stampede is the company's answer to the M16. The rifle uses 6 D batteries, just like the Vulcan, but it's compatible with the Nerf Clip System. In fact, the rifle will come with three new, 18-shot extended magazines, offering much more firepower than the standard 6-shot magazines. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm whether the Stampede would work with the heavier 35-shot drum magazine that comes with the Nerf Raider.

Besides the full-auto fire and three extra-long magazines, the Stampede will feature a detachable shield and a foregrip that can deploy a bipod for mounted emplacements. Both accessories use Nerf's N-Strike accessory rail, so they should be compatible with any Nerf gun with a similar rail.

The price is going to be the big hitch. The whole package of rifle, magazines, shield, and grip/bipod will retail for a pricey $50, making it the most expensive Nerf gun currently available. That said, based on the time I had with the Stampede, it might just be worth it. It offers the full-auto action of the Vulcan in a much more mobile and versatile package.

While the Stampede is the only new Nerf gun (not counting clear plastic versions of old models), Hasbro also showed off some new melee weapons. Starting in the fall, for $20 each you'll be able to grab the Mace or Stonewall Shield set. The Mace is a huge, three-flanged mace with the same covered-in-foam-but-hard-enough-to-sting shaft as the Warlock axe. The Stonewall Shield is a pretty neat plastic-and-foam shield with a seemingly useless dagger accessory.

Hasbro will also be selling a new Nerf tactical vest, which can hold four magazines, plenty of darts, and even a sword. On one hand, it's probably a very useful piece of equipment in Nerf warfare. On the other hand, if you're over twelve years old and you wear it, you might as well change your life's motto to, "Don't worry, ma'am. I'm from the Internet."

2. Remove Ads

Oh yes. I will have you.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    where the he double hockey sticks were the Vulcan and the Stampede when I was growing up?? I'm almost twenty and I still want these
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    where the he double hockey sticks were the Vulcan and the Stampede when I was growing up?? I'm almost twenty and I still want these
    INORITE??? On a side note, there was a youtube video floating around a while back of someone who took the vulcan and upgraded it with some heavy duty batteries, got it up to like 600 rounds per minute! WAS INSANE! But it did overheat and melt after like 45 seconds... but still.... Lucky for me, I have a son just coming of age for this sort of shinnanigans, so, I shouldn't have too much trouble procuring one for personal testing!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Oh yes. I will have you.
    Oh yes...Oh yes I will...

Maybe get one (or two) for the kids.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Truth be known,that's one reason why Dads always want a boy,so we can buy them stuff we really want to play with but we are just checking it out to make sure its working,and if there are several dads that bought them for their kids,well then we are just showing the kids how to attack and defend against the "enemy" instead of our wives accusing us of playing with toy guns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Luck for me, my wife knows i'm a freak... I mean, after all, our first Nerf gun was bought 13 months before we had a kid :D
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Truth be known,that's one reason why Dads always want a boy,so we can buy them stuff we really want to play with but we are just checking it out to make sure its working,and if there are several dads that bought them for their kids,well then we are just showing the kids how to attack and defend against the "enemy" instead of our wives accusing us of playing with toy guns
    If I showed this to my daughter she would want it and I might just have to purchase it for her and as you stated. I will have to demonstrate to her proper tactics when it comes to Nurf warfare. My daughter is far from a tom boy but she really likes firearms. She keeps pushing me to purchase her a pink .22 rifle.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    whowebe, if she wants the pink .22, i think it might be time to buy her a pink .22, and then enjoy the shooting and range time you two will have together
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm twenty-nine and I have one! And the best part is my wife bought it for me!
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    I'm twenty-nine and I have one! And the best part is my wife bought it for me!
    That's definitely a keeper.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

BAN IT!

Come on kiddies can have full auto and we can't! Not fair! I'm telling mommie!

yeah I want one or two...
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Administrator
    I'm almost twice your age and..... I have one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links