Just for fun - "It Happened To Me!"

This is a discussion on Just for fun - "It Happened To Me!" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Disclaimer: The following is fiction. I claim no responsibility for any ruffled feathers. I'm telling this story in the hope that it will raise situational ...

Thread: Just for fun - "It Happened To Me!"

Disclaimer: The following is fiction. I claim no responsibility for any ruffled feathers.

I'm telling this story in the hope that it will raise situational awareness and to make people realize that anything can happen at any time. And might.

My friend Jim and I were approaching the parking lot after a range visit. We were debating the best carry options for a rollercoaster ride when I became aware of some activity over by the dumpsters at the edge of the lot. There were three men who seemed to be harassing a woman. Jim had his EDC, an EMP loaded with JHP's and carried IWB when not in his SUV. As for myself, I had my Colt fullsize 1911, as intended by God, John Moses Browning, Buddha, and Elvis (in that order).

Needless to say, our SA was up. Suddenly, we heard the woman scream. She was saying, "Melp!" or "Gelp!" or something like that as they were grabbing her. It was hard to tell for sure. We were going to just call 911 and then go get a beer when one of the men suddenly presented a gun. We were now within shooting distance, so we stopped and took a defensive stance. "Hey!," yelled the man who was weilding the gun. "You ain't got no business here!" I replied, "I believe you mean, 'You have no business here. Let's mind our grammar, shall we?'"

That's when it happened. He aimed the gun straight at us. So I flashed by CHL badge and told him to put the gun down. "And don't make me have to also drape my CCW sash across my shoulder!!!!"

He didn't comply. He ordered us to walk over to where they were. Knowing that this wasn't good, Jim drew his EMP and put two in the chest and one in the head of this perp. "HAHAHAHA!!!! Stop it! That tickles!!," said the man as he tried to recompose himself. So Jim went ahead and unloaded on him. The man still wouldn't drop, but he was now just disoriented enough to start singing Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.

I hadn't drawn yet, because even I feared the mighty .45 ACP stopping power that was right there on my hip. Having no spare mag, Jim drew his .25 ACP backup, but I could tell that he was worried about its stopping power and he was also wondering what would happen on next week's episode of Lost. But suddenly, Jim remembered reading on the Internet about shot placement being everything as opposed to just mere caliber. So with one well-placed shot into the man's left funny bone, down he went.

But there were two more left and a woman at risk. One of them had already drawn down on me. But it didn't matter. I had called his bluff because I saw that he was carrying a Glock .40 caliber. He and I both knew that it would only explode in his hand if he pulled the trigger.

So with the second BG rendered ineffective, there was one left. Unpredictably (except on TV), he suddenly grabbed the woman from behind and put the gun to her head. I knew then that I had to act. So in slow motion, just like in the movies, I drew my 1911. "This is it," I thought. "Cancel Christmas and the trip to Grandma's. This is going down."

So we were at an impasse. A Mexican standoff. A game of "chicken." A stalemate. Need I go on? I knew that I couldn't fire because he was using the woman as a human shield (that's when a human is used as a shield, not a shield to protect humans, unless you're talking about protecting the human who is holding the hostage, who has now become the shield). I knew I had one chance. Just one.

So with a perfect flick of the wrist, I curved my shot around the innocent woman and popped the bad guy right between the eyes. Being that this was a .45, it knocked him about 20 feet backwards and then went on to destroy a brick skyscraper in the background.

So I hope this story serves its purpose in demonstrating that we should all be on alert at all times.
    Last edited by SpringerXD; July 22nd, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Should have shot the hostage in the leg... take the good wound, the hostage is immobile and you now do not have to waste all the energy of curving anything... when it is all over, the woman will stand up (after all, it's only a flesh wound) and come over and "thank you properly" for saving her from those vile swine!

Win for the day.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It would have been so much simpler if you had been carrying a Taurus.

+1 that is some funny stuff.

I keep trying the curving bullet thing at the range but thenother guys get all pissy about extra holes in their targets. That won't stop me though, I know I just have swing my arm a little faster and " be the bullet"

Best laugh I have had in over a week! Thank you very much!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    It would have been so much simpler if you had been carrying a Taurus.
    +1

The sight of you approaching while lit from above in heavenly splendor just for carrying a Taurus would have caused the BG's to just stop and stare in awe while being instantly converted to goodness and light.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    +1

The sight of you approaching while lit from above in heavenly splendor just for carrying a Taurus would have caused the BG's to just stop and stare in awe while being instantly converted to goodness and light.

Or not.
    Absolutely. He would be thinking, "I better not risk it. That thing might actually fire."

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

[QUOTE=SpringerXD;1710252]I had called his bluff because I saw that he was carrying a Glock .40 caliber. He and I both knew that it would only explode in his hand if he pulled the trigger.

So with a perfect flick of the wrist, I curved my shot around the innocent woman and popped the bad guy right between the eyes. Being that this was a .45, it knocked him about 20 feet backwards and then went on to destroy a brick skyscraper in the background.
    [QUOTE]

Sponsored Links