'Green Zone' - great movie and terrific weapons scenes

This is a discussion on 'Green Zone' - great movie and terrific weapons scenes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I rented 'Green Zone' last night. It was much better than I anticipated. I am not a tinfoil hat guy, but I suspect we were ...

Thread: 'Green Zone' - great movie and terrific weapons scenes

I rented 'Green Zone' last night. It was much better than I anticipated. I am not a tinfoil hat guy, but I suspect we were never quite told the entire truth about why we went into Iraq. This movie offers one plausible explanation. It's very entertaining.

Plus, there were quite a few action scenes and the gunfire actually sounded like gunfire, not some phony little blanks. I suppose non-gunners are satisfied with the little pops that many directors use for guns, but I figure everyone here is like me, and we appreciate firearm realism. The action scenes are well done. Another credible performance from Matt Damon.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    It's on my netflix list.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I wouldn't pay one thin dime to see any movie W/ Matt Damon in it He's made some ugly anti and America hater comments I'm not supporting him

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I wouldn't pay one thin dime to see any movie W/ Matt Damon in it He's made some ugly anti and America hater comments I'm not supporting him
    Do you have any specific quotes? I'm just curious because I hate celebrities and such that bash guns and the 2A but make tons of money off of "shoot'em up" films. *cough arnold cough*
    It would be a shame because I really like the bourne trilogy.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I watched it on the plane ride over here...I was pleased too. I figured it would be a generic Iraq War movie...like The Kingdom. It was pretty good though, IMO.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1826 View Post
    Do you have any specific quotes? I'm just curious because I hate celebrities and such that bash guns and the 2A but make tons of money off of "shoot'em up" films. *cough arnold cough*
    I don't recall any specifics it was just stuff people posted on youtube. He said alot of it in conjunction W/ anti Palin rants ( Which I have no problem W/ he has the right to support or not support any candidate he chooses)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie1826 View Post
    Heck yes, He is known to be very left and anti-gun.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...-goes-to-iraq/

The NRA-ILA list is enough for me.

http://www.nraila.org/issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=15
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

AzB
    I haven't seen the movie, but who cares what his politics are? I'm sure I've seen tons of movies that were made by people who had different ideas than me about most anything. The only way to avoid that is to stop going to the movies. Instead, I just stop listening to actors unless they are acting. Tons easier.

Going to give that movie a look soon, it sounds like a good one.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    The Kingdom was in Saudi Arabia, not Iraq
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Watched it a while back, if if you like agenda movies this one is anti-war,military, America & Bush.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I haven't seen the movie, but who cares what his politics are? I'm sure I've seen tons of movies that were made by people who had different ideas than me about most anything. The only way to avoid that is to stop going to the movies. Instead, I just stop listening to actors unless they are acting. Tons easier.

I don't neccessarily go out of my way to vet his politics before watching his movies but once I learned I decided not to support him.

There are only a few that I flat refuse to watch, he's one of them. Another is Mia Michaels (Judge on so you think you can dance) She disgraced a USMC dress uniform on the show one night and I stopped watching I never was a big fan but now I won't even sit in the room while DW watches it

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...rsy.html?cat=9

I will say...the scenery was very familiar, especially VBC and Al Faw palace....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

I normally don't care what their politics are. I just find it hypocritical for them to be anti gun but make millions off of "shoot'em up" films. I realize they are just doing their job but its still frustrating.
    I actually try to stay as far away from all the paparazzi, gossip celebrity "news". It drives me nuts. Ok you are in a movie that doesn't mean I care that you went shopping last thursday. But like I said its the hypocritical stuff that is annoying.

Links