A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

This is a discussion on A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Nothing needs to be said does it? The picture says all I need to know from the guy holding it....

Thread: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Nothing needs to be said does it? The picture says all I need to know from the guy holding it.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

I am going to have to call Photoshop in this one. I know there are some idiots out there but this is a little hard to believe.

I'm a graphic artist and from what I can tell, albeit the low resolution of the image I was sent is not very revealing I cannot tell. It could be photoshop, but I dunno. I'm simply passing along what I was sent.

Although deep down it really wouldn't surprise me if there were people out there like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I'm a graphic artist and from what I can tell, albeit the low resolution of the image I was sent is not very revealing I cannot tell. It could be photoshop, but I dunno. I'm simply passing along what I was sent.

Although deep down it really wouldn't surprise me if there were people out there like this.
    I agree, it wouldnt surprise me at all. These bottom feeders actually believe this train of thought.

Ya think? Photoshop? C'mon, who would do such a thing?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

If it's real and assuming he's not a citizen....i dunno - I think America would "owe" us, the citizens, before someone here illegally....No? The last part of the sign is just plain wrong....lock em up...he's admitting guilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    If it's real and assuming he's not a citizen....i dunno - I think America would "owe" us, the citizens, before someone here illegally....No? The last part of the sign is just plain wrong....lock em up...he's admitting guilt!
    No, he's making a terrorist threat.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    my first thought also...it is a threatening statement that would not be protected by freedom of speech...he is threatening law enforcement officers...i gotta believe the sign is not real...i just dont want to believe anyone could be that stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    excellent clarification. Like I said....lock em up!

His hand does not look right holding the sign. Also, note the lack of shadows where they should be, and that all other signs, banners, and buttons are in spanish. I'd call it a fake.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Considering the clone artifacts, easily visible when enlarged, it's pretty obviously fake. Maybe they got the Iranians to do it for them, since they did such a good job on their missile test photo.

Of course, some people don't care if fake or not, since it's what they want to believe anyway, because it fits the stereotype of their prejudice.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Well this has been around for a spell and comparing the top writing to the bottom sign they are by the same individual..... photo shop or not.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Just like they're trying to make the law something new, (which it's not) they're making a big deal about illegals' expectations, like that's new? It's been the same law and same expectations for years.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links