Check your County/District Attourney's record before NOV.

This is a discussion on Check your County/District Attourney's record before NOV. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here I am again, preparing for battle because of DA who just wont put the screws to a bad guy. I will leave the details ...

Thread: Check your County/District Attourney's record before NOV.

Check your County/District Attourney's record before NOV.

Here I am again, preparing for battle because of DA who just wont put the screws to a bad guy. I will leave the details out, but a violent felon with a lengthy criminal history has it out for my family BAD. He has numerous assault, domestic battery, domestic strangulation, terroristic threat, and multiple other charges. Four are felony convictions. He has beat an assault with a deadly weapon charge and an assaulting a police officer charge. He has proven himself unfit to be in a civilized culture in every way immaginable.

After the occurences of last winter, the local PD picked him up. He was charged with EIGHT, count them, EIGHT more felonies and I was assured that he would not see the light of day for a long time. The police cheif said that he had been an officer for 30 years, and only a couple guys have given him the creeps like this low life. He said this guy had a serious problem and was gonna end up killing someone.

Their star wittness backed out because of fear of retaliation and most of the charges were dropped. He took a plea agreement to take one felony assault charge and to serve 180 days in county jail. The police chief was quite angry over this and insisted on heavy conditions to be put on his release. The cheif assured me that he wouldnt be out for two weeks before he screwed up and went back to jail. Yep, he screwed up and now they cant find him.

OH JOY! We get to look over our shoulders and assume the worst every time we hear a noise. This is no way to live. The worst part is that my girlfriend has some issues in her past that bar her from carrying a handgun, so she only has tobassco sause in spray can to defend herself.

I wonder how long my family will have to stand at DEFCON 1 before they get him this time? I wonder if he will have to commit mass murder before they will put him state prison to rot where he belongs?

Check into your local DA and see if they think that a revolving door jail is the answer to crime. See if they order anger management classes to repeat violent felons instead of real jail time. These people are elected and can be replaced.
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

2. Remove Ads

Send an email to Bill O'Reilly. Tell him about the DA being soft on crime.

Then see if it makes it on the Factor?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    The worst part is that my girlfriend has some issues in her past that bar her from carrying a handgun, so she only has tobassco sause in spray can to defend herself.
    Look into a pardon.

It's not just for the rich & powerful. Lots of law firms do them, and they usually run about $3,500 total (plus costs - factor in about another $200)

... He has beat an assault with a deadly weapon charge and an assaulting a police officer charge........ He said this guy had a serious problem and was gonna end up killing someone....
    Nationwide, our system isn't without it's flaws but it is what it is. The best thing you can do is to be prepared the best you can and make sure that if he becomes a serious threat to you and yours that he doesn't beat the "assault FROM a deadly weapon" charge. That being the last resort, I hope the best for you and maybe Darwin will educate this guy without you having to be involved. That's the one to hope for.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Check into your local DA and see if they think that a revolving door jail is the answer to crime.
    The DA, Chief of Police, Sheriff and all others who work with them operate within the BUDGET set by the city/county on having sufficient jail space to house criminals. As well, speak with your city/county supervisors in terms of the guidelines they have put in place in terms of operating the jails, as the choices aren't strictly left up to the jailer (the Chief of Police, Sheriff). If already overcrowded to the point of failure, a revolving-door policy is unfortunately the result. There aren't a lot of options, at that point, when there simply isn't space enough to house all criminals who are caught and processed.

Now, that being said, the worst of them surely should be properly handled. The rotating turnstyle policy is NOT for the worst of the worst. It's for the least-bad, the low-level folks who are in for just awhile on lesser charges.

Yes, speak with your DA, but also consider your city's and county's jail facilities and budgets. Particularly if you're in a place where the facilities are tight and due to the financial woes money is even tighter, then they're going to offer you responses you won't like to hear. But it's not like they can wave a wand and magically cure the real problem.

My condolences for what your family is going through. I've not yet been on the receiving end of an enraged and incarcerated felon's ire. Haven't been on the ugly receiving end of "turnstyle" politics and budgets, though my county's jail certainly operates with few beds and a turnstyle approach to things.

Be heard, with each of the politicos and power-brokers who matter in your town, county, state. Be smart about your tactics. 24x7 bitchery doesn't solve much, alone, unless it's part of a smarter, larger design. Get involved with other well-run organizations that can help you to get done what needs to be done. Good luck, since this will likely take quite some time. Done right and with a bit of luck, though, it can turn the pathetic status quo on its ear.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

No felony, she had some serious substance abuse problems and sought help from the county for treatment. Its on the record. I plan on talking to my attourney on Monday to see if there is any way around it. That kind of stuff takes time though, I would bet he either pulls something soon or leaves the state to avoid going back to jail.

Oh, I suppose I should mention that the last time I called 911 it took 40 min for a deputy to get here. The dirtbag knows I am well armed now at least.

CCW9MM, Good point. Maybe a little looking into the county commisioners and city council members is in order too. It seems like they collect plenty of taxes and and always have money for their goodies. Jail space is at a premium, and they just finished another addition. My county also provides jail space for a soverign nation that is next to us, they use allot...
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Links