I would just like to state this...

This is a discussion on I would just like to state this... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I to am developing a distain for baseball... If the game is going along and progressing along, fine. but when I can, with a clock, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I would just like to state this...

I to am developing a distain for baseball...
    If the game is going along and progressing along, fine.
    but when I can, with a clock, time out 30 -45 seconds between PITCHES, thats when I get irritaded.
    like the batter that swings and misses, then proceeds to step back out of the box, take a couple practice swings. adjust his gloves, re apply his batting armor(another thing that irks me) spit 8 or 9 sunflower seeds, knock the dirt out of his cleats, get back in the box, digg lil holes with his cleats to plant his feet and FINALLY get into stance. THEN we have to wait for the pitcher and catcher to do about the same. GET ON WITH IT.

New Rule;
    If your a batter and not ready for the next pitch in 8 seconds, your OUT
    if your a catcher or pitcher and not ready to throw or catch the ball in that same 8 seconds, Point for the other team.
    more than 5 of the infractions your ejected and the inning is over.

done and done....
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I hate baseball. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

They need to come up with some sort of tie system so they do not interrupt a program I desire to watch. Instead they will play ending after ending after ending until someone wins.

No other sport does this but baseball feels it is a must to slowly torture me.

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant

EDIT: Yes, I screwed up inning with ending but I was hoping it would end so I'll leave it as it is.
    Actually basketball does it too.

I vary seldom watch TV, since 99% of what is on is nothing but trash. Especially what they try to pass as "reality" shows.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Baseball is a lot more fun to play than to watch. There are so many dang channels out there, why mix sports programs with other shceduled shows. No sport that they televise ends by the clock.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Yes, I was. I like the show and I record it so my daughter can watch it later. Good teaching tool to keep her out of trouble.

I had a flash back tonight because not long ago the same thing happened with a baseball game. It went on for another 4 hours before a winner was declared. Even the local news was not shown because of a stupid 0/0 game that went to almost 20 innings.

Still ranting it seems... LOL!!
    I can say the same thing for both baseball and NASCAR. Quit messing with my Amazing Race!! If yall are going over, tough!

I've been watching some motorcycle racing lately (cause they turn right too); and then I saw a sticker about racing, it said "Racing, because baseball, football, basketball, and soccer only require ONE ball"

just my 2c
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

kpw
    I played baseball for 10 years and loved it. I love going to the stadium and catching a good game but I can't stand to watch it on TV. Same goes for basketball. The only sports I watch on TV are college football, boxing, MMA and women's beach volleyball.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Best thread ever.

Everything about baseball sucks. The game, the players, the drinking (the sad kind), the rules, the teams, the fans, the stupid gifts they give you, the parking, and the salaries they pay these guys to use steroids, lie about it, and sit on their behinds.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

I read somewhere a few years ago that in a professional baseball game the time that the ball is actually in play is under 5 minutes.

5 MINUTES and we sit there for hours watching it?

Let's go shoot some cans!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links