I would just like to state this...

This is a discussion on I would just like to state this... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hate baseball. Hate it, hate it, hate it. They need to come up with some sort of tie system so they do not interrupt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would just like to state this...

Angry I would just like to state this...

I hate baseball. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

They need to come up with some sort of tie system so they do not interrupt a program I desire to watch. Instead they will play ending after ending after ending until someone wins.

No other sport does this but baseball feels it is a must to slowly torture me.

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant

EDIT: Yes, I screwed up inning with ending but I was hoping it would end so I'll leave it as it is.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post

They need to come up with some sort of tie system so they do not interrupt a program I desire to watch. Instead they will play ending after ending after ending until someone wins.

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant
    Did you mean Inning, after Inning, after Inning, until someone wins

And I feel sorry for you because you can't/don't appreciate or enjoy America's past time as much as I do

EDIT: I assume you are probably talking about the Mets game that's now in inning 13??
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant
    +1,000,000

They could at least have to break through a line of players or something to make it to the bases! I'd rather watch golf!

Hey baseball, try this... put on some skates! Lets see how well you swing a bat on ice! That would be challenging! Oh, and how is it that these clowns make um-teen million dollars a season to stand in the sun and teach kids how to fondle themselves and spit tobacco?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    +1,000,000

They could at least have to break through a line of players or something to make it to the bases! I'd rather watch golf!

Hey baseball, try this... put on some skates! Lets see how well you swing a bat on ice! That would be challenging! Oh, and how is it that these clowns make um-teen million dollars a season to stand in the sun and teach kids how to fondle themselves and spit tobacco?
    The same way Hockey players get paid millions of dollars to teach our kids how to figure skate while carrying a stick while bumping into each other and how to smile with no teeth

GO SABRES!!
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Did you mean Inning, after Inning, after Inning, until someone wins

And I feel sorry for you because you can't/don't appreciate or enjoy America's past time as much as I do

EDIT: I assume you are probably talking about the Mets game that's now in inning 13??
    My emotions seemed to get the best of me. I was so focused on it ending that I screwed up a simple word.

Yes, I was referring to that game.

I've never been a fan of Baseball. I ice skate and play ice hockey. I'm used to fast paced action. Not a slow boring game that can take 8 hours to play.

I used to ice dance too and my guy friends gave me a hard time till they saw the 5"11 natural blonde female that was stuck to my side that had an amazing body. Don't knock figure skaters either. My sister can land an axle but she will also check you into the boards.

Diablo, I grew up in Kenmore, (I know you know where that is) so, the Go Sabers is the only thing preventing a rant. I never liked Baseball (except sitting at a Bisons game) was always too slow! On TV, I might as well be watching the "Paint dries all day'" Channel... not being from a Baseball town has seriously jaded me towards the GAME... so, you dig it, I Don't.

Still rather watch the Sabres stink it up (Or the Lightning now) than watch a baseball game on its best day.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Were you trying to watch COPS too?

Quote Originally Posted by jhh3rd View Post
    Were you trying to watch COPS too?
    Yes, I was. I like the show and I record it so my daughter can watch it later. Good teaching tool to keep her out of trouble.

I had a flash back tonight because not long ago the same thing happened with a baseball game. It went on for another 4 hours before a winner was declared. Even the local news was not shown because of a stupid 0/0 game that went to almost 20 innings.

Still ranting it seems... LOL!!

What you wrote: "It went on for another 4 hours before a winner was declared."

What I read: "It went on for another 4 hours before winter was declared." <-- Now, that's a long game!
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

VIP Member

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant

EDIT: Yes, I screwed up inning with ending but I was hoping it would end so I'll leave it as it is.
    Personally they could take all of it off the air. It does not matter how much airtime they are allotted it never ends on schedule. Around here they could have a 747 crash into the capitol building and the lead story on the news would be the antics of whatever the sports bunch is currently in season. [/rant]
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Wow! Good thing some of you folk never watched cricket.

The longest baseball game, between Pawtucket Red Sox and Rochester Red Wings in 1981, was 32 innings, and with the match tied at two runs each, play was suspended at 4am. The game resumed two months later. It took Pawtucket only 18 minutes to score a run and win the game.

OTOH, the longest regular cricket match was 66 hours and 16 minutes.

But then test matches are scheduled to last 5 days.

The longest test match was between South Africa and England in Durban, South Africa and began on March 03, 1939 and continued till March 14, 1939, although they did not play on the 5th, 11th or 12th.

Unfortunately England had to catch a boat home on the 15th so after play on the 14th the match was called a draw.

FWIIW, I'd rather watch baseball than 90% of what's on TV.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post

I'd rather watch baseball than 90% of what's on TV.
    Well some of us would rather watch a real show than a worthless game of baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Wow! Good thing some of you folk never watched cricket.
    Gotta love a sticky wickit!

As for baseball, I like it plenty enough. It is a great game to play and watch.

.....but oh well, to each his own.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I played baseball for a few years when I was younger but I've never understood the fascination people have with it. Its mostly two guys playing catch for a few hours and once in a while one guy tries to run in a circle.
    Just counting the days til football season.

Senior Moderator

Worst sport EVER.

/end rant

I'm with you. When a game goes on that long, tied, it's clear nothing exciting is happening.

"We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. Presumably, this yawn-fest will end sometime. Read about it in the paper tomorrow."

Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links