What am I missing?

This is a discussion on What am I missing? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So there is a story running on Yahoo about the AZ immigration law that shows a picture of a woman (I am presuming she is ...

Thread: What am I missing?

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

What am I missing?

So there is a story running on Yahoo about the AZ immigration law that shows a picture of a woman (I am presuming she is an illegal) holding a sign that says "We have rights."

Where in our Constitution does it say that an illegal alien has rights? Seems to me the only right they have is a one way trip back home.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    So there is a story running on Yahoo about the AZ immigration law that shows a picture of a woman (I am presuming she is an illegal) holding a sign that says "We have rights."

Where in our Constitution does it say that an illegal alien has rights? Seems to me the only right they have is a one way trip back home.
    It doesn't, but I'm thinking somewhere in the administration they jury rigged one
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Not to be a party pooper on your "illegals have no rights" thread but they do.

They have basic civil rights. They also have constitutional rights. Just because they are here illegally doesn't mean that they can be searched without a warrant, forced to testify against themselves, etc.

Illegal immigrant doesn't mean "sub-human."

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    They just don't have the right to be here illegally. Or vote.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Unlike some other countries, we do extend certain human and civil rights to illegals. I wonder if there's a list?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Not to be a party pooper on your "illegals have no rights" thread but they do.

They have basic civil rights. They also have constitutional rights. Just because they are here illegally doesn't mean that they can be searched without a warrant, forced to testify against themselves, etc.

Illegal immigrant doesn't mean "sub-human."
    I agree that an illegal has "basic" human rights, and I never meant to infer that an illegal was "sub-human." What they don't have is the right to vote, the right to collect welfare, the right to an education, and I don't feel that they have the right to citizenship just because they were born here to an illegal parent.

I have no problem with immigrants, just do it the right way.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    The Constitution begins with "We the People of the United States...", it doesn't refer to criminal border jumpers anywhere. While everyone has certain basic rights, illegals have no more rights than any other criminal. In most states they can't even get a drivers license. Lets face it the whole amnesty scam is just another attempt by the desperate democrats to garner votes, much like the ruse during the Carter regime to register as many convicted as possible felons in the hope they'd vote democrat.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Links