The Dangers of the .22 calibre short... - Page 2

The Dangers of the .22 calibre short...

This is a discussion on The Dangers of the .22 calibre short... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wow, maybe the 22 cartridge fell out of a Zip GUn that one of their rowdy gangs had in their pockets. Oh wait, criminals can ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dangers of the .22 calibre short...

Wow, maybe the 22 cartridge fell out of a Zip GUn that one of their rowdy gangs had in their pockets. Oh wait, criminals can still carry real guns. Musta been a setup to see if the shop owner would do his duty and call a bobby.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

I've got to work with some Brits before, great folks for the most part. But that is a little ridiculous.

"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?
    Maybe he should talk to some of his countrymen about things they find on the streets in other, less pleasant, parts of the world, so they can laugh at him for being scared of a .22 short.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Guess that .22 lr that's been rolling around in my truck for a few years is life threatening by now. I should probably go get it out now. Well, maybe tomorrow.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

"............and tune in later as UK's local anchor, Charles Charleston gives a full report as Police tape off and surround a local mall after a French visitor finds a BB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    All joking aside......I work with police, and one day one of my cop buddies and I were outside smoking (yeah, yeah, I know). This guy walked up to him and handed him a single round of ammo. "I was going through a drawer and found this. I thought I had better bring it here to be disposed of."

Seriously. It was a .32 caliber round.

That's how brainwashed and clueless some people are these days, even in our own country.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    All joking aside......I work with police, and one day one of my cop buddies and I were outside smoking (yeah, yeah, I know). This guy walked up to him and handed him a single round of ammo. "I was going through a drawer and found this. I thought I had better bring it here to be disposed of."

That's how brainwashed and clueless some people are these days, even in our own country.
    Oh my... can you say
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

As a kid, about 10-12 yrs old, I remember standing outside the back door on our sidewalk with a handful of 22 LR’s. I threw them one at a time on the sidewalk. About 1 out of 3 would fire. No broken windows or holes in my body. Aaaahhh to be a kid again.

Trying to keep my kids from some of the “fun” we used to have.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post

I'd have just thrown it in the nearest trash can and smiled at him.

As far as the first story..... Really? All that for a .22 short? They make it sound like it's a .338 Lapua Magnum round lying on the ground waiting to fire at the first person to come too close. Rounds don't fire themselves, rounds fired without a chamber and barrel to contain and direct the energy cause almost no damage, and I'm not even sure a .22 short would even make it through skin in the first place...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I wish someone would leave ammo lying around for me to find.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Sponsor
    You know, the 22short was the bullet of choice for the "temple" shot for assasins in WWII Italy. Man, I gotta stop watching the History channel.

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

It's the end of the world

I can only imagine what a Brit would do in my cellar

Oh that's right they drool and wish they could own all the fun toys I do as easily as I do. Not all British/European people are sheep it just seems like an overwhelming majority of what you see on the news is sensationalized. HMM sound familiar?

At least they just sent an officer to pick it up and didn't send the bomb squad with a boom box and the robot right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links