What movies did you see this summer? What are you looking forward to?
Summer is coming to a close (which only matters to Teachers and Students) but for many folks it's the box office that lends a lot of zing to their summers. SO what did you see so far and what are you eagerly waiting for?
1. I admit it: I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D and I saw it alone. It was cute and okay but I guess I have finally "outgrown" the story line now at age 53.
2. Predators. This was an awesome restart to the original story from the 1980s. Excellent action and graphics. Can't wait for the sequels sure to follow.
3. Knight & Day. Saw this with my wife on a "date night" and we both loved it. Don't go looking for any semblance of "realism," but otherwise it's fun.
4. Inception. Wife didn't want to see this one but I loved it. However, it will so mess with your mind, be prepared to have to walk around a bit as I did to make sure YOU'RE really grounded in "reality" after the house lights come back up!
5. Salt. We both loved this one and there is a guaranteed sequel coming. Think of a female Jason Bourne and you'll be spot on. Awesome. I can't stand Angelina Jolie's politics but I like leaving her in the roles in which I like to see her. For example, I left her for a long time as "Mrs Smith" and then I put her as the sadly deceased "Fox" from "Wanted" and so now I'l just envision her as "Salt" on the move to kill more enemy agents.:image035:
6. Forgot: I saw the A-Team too and that was a bit confusing to me, but fun and a heckuva lot better than the old TV show. At least folks got killed instead of massively missed by full auto Mini-14s!
I admit to be looking forward to the upcoming movies: EXPENDABLES, TRON, HARRY POTTER (both parts), THE GREEN HORNET, Chronicles of Narnia 3 in 3D, STEP UP in 3D and finally an off beat flick that is called RED which apparently stands for Retired, Extremely Dangerous! You can start drawing your own conclusions on that one... My wife also still wants to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, too.
Trailer for RED: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4089185817/ & http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2156856857/
PLEASE! One rule: Don't flame anybody's choices, just have fun with this one...