What movies did you see this summer? What are you looking forward to?

This is a discussion on What movies did you see this summer? What are you looking forward to? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Summer is coming to a close (which only matters to Teachers and Students) but for many folks it's the box office that lends a lot ...

Thread: What movies did you see this summer? What are you looking forward to?

Question What movies did you see this summer? What are you looking forward to?

Summer is coming to a close (which only matters to Teachers and Students) but for many folks it's the box office that lends a lot of zing to their summers. SO what did you see so far and what are you eagerly waiting for?

I'll start:

1. I admit it: I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D and I saw it alone. It was cute and okay but I guess I have finally "outgrown" the story line now at age 53.

2. Predators. This was an awesome restart to the original story from the 1980s. Excellent action and graphics. Can't wait for the sequels sure to follow.

3. Knight & Day. Saw this with my wife on a "date night" and we both loved it. Don't go looking for any semblance of "realism," but otherwise it's fun.

4. Inception. Wife didn't want to see this one but I loved it. However, it will so mess with your mind, be prepared to have to walk around a bit as I did to make sure YOU'RE really grounded in "reality" after the house lights come back up!

5. Salt. We both loved this one and there is a guaranteed sequel coming. Think of a female Jason Bourne and you'll be spot on. Awesome. I can't stand Angelina Jolie's politics but I like leaving her in the roles in which I like to see her. For example, I left her for a long time as "Mrs Smith" and then I put her as the sadly deceased "Fox" from "Wanted" and so now I'l just envision her as "Salt" on the move to kill more enemy agents.

6. Forgot: I saw the A-Team too and that was a bit confusing to me, but fun and a heckuva lot better than the old TV show. At least folks got killed instead of massively missed by full auto Mini-14s!

I admit to be looking forward to the upcoming movies: EXPENDABLES, TRON, HARRY POTTER (both parts), THE GREEN HORNET, Chronicles of Narnia 3 in 3D, STEP UP in 3D and finally an off beat flick that is called RED which apparently stands for Retired, Extremely Dangerous! You can start drawing your own conclusions on that one... My wife also still wants to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, too.

Trailer for RED: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4089185817/ & http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2156856857/

PLEASE! One rule: Don't flame anybody's choices, just have fun with this one...
    Last edited by ExSoldier; July 27th, 2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: add forgotten detail
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

A-Team-dissapointed the van bit the dust early but a pretty good movie.

Grown Ups-if you don't LYAO in this movie you are blind or dead.

Damn I'm having trouble remembering if I saw any others this summer or not. I'm looking forward to The Green Hornet and The Expendables for starters...

Thanks mcmurry-How could I forget about Iron Man 2, please don't tell Stan Lee, I don't want to have to turn in my true believer badge!
    Last edited by joker1; July 27th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Agreed the van was destroyed pretty early! I thought the A-Team was fantastic and my girlfriend even liked it!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Predators was excellent and was cetainly better than the sequel and the AVP nonsense.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I've seen Ironman 2 and Sorcerers apprentice and even if it is a lousy movie I want to see The Expendables.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

RATS! I forgot about seeing IRON MAN 2! But that was also clearly before the START of summer, so it's excusable. I did love that movie as well.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmurry View Post
    I've seen Ironman 2 and Sorcerers apprentice and even if it is a lousy movie I want to see The Expendables.
    Okay, my wife will want to know: What did you think of the Sorcerer's Apprentice?

Plan to go see Predators soon. I am looking forward to the Green Lantern next summer.

I just saw Inception the other night. I think it is one of the more original and creative movies I have seen in a long, long time.

Night and day was like a romantic comedy with guns, but not too bad overall.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Going to see INCEPTION this coming weekend. Looking forward to seeing it.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Took the kids to see Toy Story 3. The last movie I saw in the theater before that was the last Star Wars. Or maybe Blair Witch Project. I wait for DVD's.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    1. I admit it: I saw Toy Story 3 in 3D and I saw it alone. It was cute and okay but I guess I have finally "outgrown" the story line now at age 53.
    Toy Story 3 (regular, not the 3D version) was the only movie I went to this summer. Only diffrence......I brought my youngest son and my grand-daughter (see avatar). That was a good movie and the four (the wife went too) of us had a great time. It was our grand-daughter's (17 months) first movie experience........she had a BLAST!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

TS 3 in 3D. We took the little man, and we all really enjoyed it. It was the first theater I've been to in well over 10 yrs.

I usually wait for movies to come on HBO, or if I really want to see something, I'll rent it on PPV.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Links