Senate Democrats unable to proceed on bill to disclose corporate campaign donors

This is a discussion on Senate Democrats unable to proceed on bill to disclose corporate campaign donors within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [I know there was an earlier thread on this. But a number of searches failed. I have browsed looking for it. Didn't find it. Moderator, ...

Thread: Senate Democrats unable to proceed on bill to disclose corporate campaign donors

VIP Member

Thumbs up Senate Democrats unable to proceed on bill to disclose corporate campaign donors

[I know there was an earlier thread on this.

But a number of searches failed. I have browsed looking for it. Didn't find it.

Moderator, if you can find the OP thread, please combine.

DaveH]

NRA sell out not withstanding, they failed.

As before, we can expect some parliamentary tricks, but for now

Teaser:

Supporters vowed to try again after the August recess, arguing that changes are possible to attract GOP support. But Tuesday's vote effectively quashes any chance of enacting new disclosure requirements for the 2010 elections,
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Obama, now using it as a platform " we don't want Corporate America jamming our airways with false advertisements trying to influence the people of America right before the elections ". Uh, the American people already don't agree with you Obama, on almost everything.

And , were any ever false ?

And, does that exclude Soros too and several non-profit organizations on the side of the Dem's ? Does it include or exclude Unions ?

It's lopsided. It's OK for me, but not for you. They need to get over it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

Does it include or exclude Unions ?
    Unions are not excluded by name.

However, there was an exclusion crafted for them. It excludes organizations that collect "contributions" from individuals that cumulate to less than "x" amount per individual, which was set to exclude nearly all union PAC collections. If I remember right $600 a year.

So, organizations that can certify that they only collect less than "x" amount per year from any one individual can spend big bucks at a time -- with out the disclosure hassle.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Obama, now using it as a platform " we don't want Corporate America jamming our airways with false advertisements trying to influence the people of America right before the elections ". Uh, the American people already don't agree with you Obama, on almost everything.

And , were any ever false ?

And, does that exclude Soros too and several non-profit organizations on the side of the Dem's ? Does it include or exclude Unions ?

It's lopsided. It's OK for me, but not for you. They need to get over it.

The whole system is way to whacked.
    We need to get them to chuck the whole system, of "campaign Donations", and the lobby system.
    With the Internet, the amount of staffers these clowns have, they do not need this antiquated system of corruption.

Too many times they know how the majority of their constituents feel on a given matter and they flagrantly vote against those wishes anyway.

Kick em' all out in November!!!!!!!!

"Wrong is wrong, even if everybody is doing it. Right is right, even if nobody is doing it."
    St. Augustine
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links