Things are looking up!

This is a discussion on Things are looking up! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, after the trials and tribulations of the past few months, things have taken a drastic turn for the better. I had my interview for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things are looking up!

Things are looking up!

Well, after the trials and tribulations of the past few months, things have taken a drastic turn for the better.

I had my interview for my new job today and I am hired so long as I pass a drug test and a background check, both of which are in progress and neither of which I am concerned about! I never do drugs, and was just issued my CHP about a month ago, and I'm pretty sure going straight home after work is not a crime. I start sometime next week, so they say. I cannot wait!

I received a call from my parents today, and they are loaning me the money I need to buy out of my lease and get out of this ghetto I call home. My mothers argument to my father was apparently "He's getting desperate, and I don't want him to make a dumb decision to help pay his way out." I'd like to state for the record here, that I am not, and will not be a criminal!

So, this weekend a friend of mine and I are moving into our first house - I'll have a porch! Words cannot express how excited I am to have a porch rather than the stair wells I have dealt with for the past 3 years. I have until Monday morning at 9am to fully vacate the premises of my current apartment, so it will be a busy weekend, but it's a good kind of busy!

So my monthly bills are dropping from nearly $1000/month to a beautiful $200-300! I'll be able to pay off my credit card, as well as my parents in under a year with the new job.

I want to thank everyone that has shown support and helped me through a rough period, it means a lot to me. The level of compassion here on DC is (IMHO) what makes this forum what it is. Once again, thank you all so much for your support and knowledge.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

2. Remove Ads

Well congrats for sure! Life takes some weird turns sometimes and it's sure to turn around with the ability to take in the positive throughout the bumpy road. That's great news! Nice to hear you'll have a porch too. Easier to haul the SCUBA gear in from the car!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Thanks mp, I appreciate it!

Not only does it make scuba gear easier to lug up stairs, but also my kayak, mountain bike, guns, fishing gear/tackle...should I go on?
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Congratulations!
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
    It's faster to dial 3-5-7 than it is to dial 9-1-1.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Congrats on the new job (and better living conditions)...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Congrats on the new job. Glad that everything is getting better
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    This is good news for sure.

Good that you have friends and family for a little support as well.
    Good luck in the new job!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Congrats man, sounds like things are looking up indeed! Just don't let your guard down, problems can still pop up and you still need to be prepared.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Great news! FYI you'll NEVER get your parents paid back...but I know what you mean Congrats on the new job, new place, new smile on your face, and new spring in your step. Ride that wave as long as possible.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Congrats, hope all goes well in the future.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Congrats and enjoy the porch
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely be enjoying that porch once everything is said and done! My guard is very rarely let down, I'd keep it up in my sleep if I could
    Semper Paratus

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Good deal!! I am glad that things are turning around again for the better for you.

Way to go! Oh, can I borrow a twenty?

Glad to hear things are looking up! I bet its a great feeling! congratulations!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links