I know why lions eat their young!

This is a discussion on I know why lions eat their young! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been there, many years ago. Get use to it, you have MANY more sleepless night ahead of you!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know why lions eat their young!

VIP Member
    Been there, many years ago. Get use to it, you have MANY more sleepless night ahead of you!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    My youngest is 3. Contemplating if I can stand another one.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

kpw
    Hang in there, it gets easier.
    Wether you like country music or not, this one hits home for just about everyone.

"In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

The baby phase just plain sucks. There's really no avoiding it. Once they get old enough where you can play with them, it starts to get fun, some of the terrible-twos/threes/fours notwithstanding. I am really looking forward to taking my then-almost-6 year old to the deer stand this season (if the little motormouth can shut up long enough to not scare the deer off, that is!)

I know exactly where your coming from. I know as soon as I go to bed and about ready to fall asleep my 6 week old son is going to wake up and start crying. Then it will be time for a feeding, changing and figuring out why he's still crying...

Here's hoping my sanity holds out till he can sleep through the night.

I've been through 4. My oldest just 'brought' us our second grandchild. My youngest is seven.

Been there, done it, and I feel your 'pain'. But it's all good.....belay that......it's all GREAT!

Know that it gets worse around the age of 12 or so........the young'uns figure out they know it all and just how stupid 'we' really are.

My ultimate parenting experience was watching the wheels turn in a teenagers head as said teen began to 'see' that mom and dad 'might' have a clue and they might not be 'completly' right......and to whitness them make the right decision based on your teaching that started at day one and the experiences you gave them.

Live it up.....all of it. Best of luck to you and momma!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

cmb
    I have 5 kids, our oldest is 5 &1/2 I have loved every stage, they aren't all easy but in the grand scheme of things it is some of the best time. Remember most of our personality and who we will be is formed by the time we are 5. That says a lot and we need to be parents who strive hard to raise our kids with honor, integrity and loving discipline.

BTW, doing those night time things is alot harder with TWINS!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Enjoy it all, while you can. They grow up, and go out on their own all too quick. Take it from an old man, that sometimes wonder just where all the time went.
    Yes ,but before they grow up and out on their own , careful or you may raise one like this.

My sisters friends 4 year old wanted to play Xbox but his older brother and his friend were playing , and wouldn't let him.
    Next thing the two older boys know is they are feeling a warm liquid raining down on them. Yep!!! the 4 YEAR OLD PEE'D on them.
    They go and clean up, and ,,,you guessed it, the 4yr. old had the xbox to himself.
    Kids, you gotta love 'em
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    LOL, yup been there and done that.... Kids are wonderful little bundles of joy, pain, poop, smiles, pee, happiness, puke, love....... Have I left anything out.

Congrats! Now get some sleep...

+1000
    In my blended family there are 8 of them from 3-18. I know the phases all too well. enjoy it! you will miss it!

Start thinking about how you will teach him about guns
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

You kid will not know how lucky he is to have you as a parent until he walks in your shoes.

Enjoy it while you can. It's always something...they are a lot of work....rewarding work. Hey, at least you didn't get poop in the mouth...had a friend who's wife was up one night and took a projectile doo doo squirt to the face . I remember those late nights like they were yesterday...now he's turning 2, running, screaming, talking and exploring. Someone once said to me "don't wish for the next stage, enjoy this one". Oh yeah....and don't pay attention to that other thread McDonald's is not your only option when your kid is a toddler.

This just prepares you for when they discover beer for the first time and instead of a nappy to soak it up you need a 5 gallon bucket
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

You'll have plenty of opportunities to pay him back.....first bicycle......pink with a banana seat, first date..."why is your dad dragging his butt on the floor?" first car.....lime green pinto, and so on.

Seriously, I wish I could be up with a kid. We can't have children, I envy you.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    You'll have plenty of opportunities to pay him back.....first bicycle......pink with a banana seat, first date..."why is your dad dragging his butt on the floor?" first car.....lime green pinto, and so on.

Seriously, I wish I could be up with a kid. We can't have children, I envy you.
    Thanks jca1, I now have something to look forward too....I do love me some good pay back =)

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    For the younger members there is no greater birth control than a screaming child at 3:30 in the morning!
    Bwahahahaha. For a while when I got out of college I lived with my sister and her family. At the time, her son was not even 2 and her daughter was 4. That was great birth control for me!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links