Starcraft 2!

Starcraft 2!

This is a discussion on Starcraft 2! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I don't know how many of you ever played this game, but the second one is finally here after a 12 year wait! Not ...

Thread: Starcraft 2!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Starcraft 2!

So I don't know how many of you ever played this game, but the second one is finally here after a 12 year wait! Not only did I get the regular game, I got 2 copies of the collectors edition as well. One for me, and one to set away for later. I heard that another game made by Blizzard (the company that made Starcraft) called World of Warcraft made a collectors edition for that game in 2004. A sealed copy of that collectors edition today is now fetching at least $1800 on eBay... and the the SC2 collectors are only $100 bucks each now.

And Starcraft is more popular

I was introduced to the orginal game in high school and have been playing it for years... I'm such a nerd I was quite happy when I heard about number 2 coming out. Starcraft from what I know was one of the top 5 PC games of all time. I think the Sims may have topped the list.

If you are a Starcraft fan, how do you like number 2 so far?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu1Ze3ucsfo <--- What is Starcraft 2?

This is my collection so far :)

Haven't gotten a copy of SC2 yet, still deciding if I should or not. I kind of obsess when I find a game I really like, and lost a significant portion of my Jr High/high school years to the original. Everything I've seen about it looks pretty amazing though, so I will probably give it a try at some point.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I've played Starcarft and the Expansion Set to it, but not 2 yet. I will get it on the next good paycheck. My daughter got me hooked on it when I got my new computer and Warcraft wouldn't play on it any longer unless I updated to the Internet WC and I don't play well with others when it comes to PC games. I perfer my own terms of playing.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

+1.

That and I have an older Mac (3 years old) and don't think the game will work. I heard that on a Mac it requires twice the RAM of a PC and nothing but the newer macs are that powerful.

I'm playing through the campaign right now and I have to say Blizzard did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    So I don't know how many of you ever played this game, but the second one is finally here after a 12 year wait! Not only did I get the regular game, I got 2 copies of the collectors edition as well. One for me, and one to set away for later. I heard that another game made by Blizzard (the company that made Starcraft) called World of Warcraft made a collectors edition for that game in 2004. A sealed copy of that collectors edition today is now fetching at least $1800 on eBay... and the the SC2 collectors are only $100 bucks each now.

And Starcraft is more popular

I was introduced to the orginal game in high school and have been playing it for years... I'm such a nerd I was quite happy when I heard about number 2 coming out. Starcraft from what I know was one of the top 5 PC games of all time. I think the Sims may have topped the list.

If you are a Starcraft fan, how do you like number 2 so far?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu1Ze3ucsfo <--- What is Starcraft 2?

This is my collection so far :)
    I need a couple collectors editions...I own it and beat the campaign, it was fun, they did a great job with it! Now I'll just wait another 12 years for the next one. But wait! The expansion should be out in as little as 5 years!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Links