Am I getting scammed on Ebay?

This is a discussion on Am I getting scammed on Ebay? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You will probably be fine but you ate the fee's instead of them in the act of requesting the money. In future auctions list PayPal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I getting scammed on Ebay?

You will probably be fine but you ate the fee's instead of them in the act of requesting the money. In future auctions list PayPal as the only form of payment and be sure to note through E-Bay invoicing.

2. Remove Ads

Oh Oh! Big problems!

Somehow they reversed the payment. Now paypal shows that I owe them money. I transferred the money into my checking account.

How could they reverse paypment?

The item is in the mail already being shipped :(

I don't know what to do now. paypal is investigating

Scammed!... he canceled payment on you :/ and now he's getting your item. I'd get authorities involved before it arrives, you have his address....but now you don't have ebay's protection...well you were warned...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Scammed!... he canceled payment on you :/ and now he's getting your item. I'd get authorities involved before it arrives, you have his address....but now you don't have ebay's protection...well you were warned...
    I went to the post office and filed a 1509 form (recall mail form). It hasn't been delivered yet so hopefully they can stop it. It hasn't even arrived in their state. Would you also dispute it through paypal? If post office returns the item, then I wouldn't need paypal to give me the money. I just don't know if they will be able to return item and stop the delivery.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Yes, dispute it through paypal. It can be your backup in case the mail can't be recalled. You can cancel your dispute if the situation resolves itself. Be prepared to wait. They take their time.

Administrator
    You may be able to get your item back if it has not been delivered yet. Hopefully you were quick enough.
    If that scammer sniped the item and only won it for a few dollars then once you get back you should have the option to offer it to the next highest bidder for their highest bid price.
    That may be your best option because often when an item is relisted it does not reach the same high price as it did the first time 'round for some odd reason.
    Keep us updated.

Thanks everyone for your help. I will keep you posted.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    all they need is you e mail to pay you .
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I went to the post office and filed a 1509 form (recall mail form). It hasn't been delivered yet so hopefully they can stop it. It hasn't even arrived in their state. Would you also dispute it through paypal? If post office returns the item, then I wouldn't need paypal to give me the money. I just don't know if they will be able to return item and stop the delivery.
    dispute it
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Fool you once, shame on him. Fool you twice shame on you.
    Experience is a great teacher. We tried to warn you. Sorry it happened.

Before you start thinking about a road trip to settle things in person, the receiving address is probably just a house he watches for packages to be delivered. He gets them before the real occupant gets home from work.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Fool you once, shame on him. Fool you twice shame on you.
    Experience is a great teacher. We tried to warn you. Sorry it happened.

Before you start thinking about a road trip to settle things in person, the receiving address is probably just a house he watches for packages to be delivered. He gets them before the real occupant gets home from work.
    Good call. I wouldn't want to go and beat the snot out of an innocent person. Maybe I will just give him some negative feedback and hit the heavy bag harder and longer today :)
    Last edited by joepa150; August 12th, 2010 at 04:54 PM.

Now I find out that since 2008, you can not longer leave a buyer negative feedback. ***!

I was scammed and now I can't give negative feedback to warn others.

Now I find out that since 2008, you can not longer leave a buyer negative feedback. ***!

Knowing that, what good is the rating system and those that claim 99% or 100% positive feedback? In this light it could mean they've scammed hundreds of people, they were just not allowed to say so.

I haven't used Ebay in a long time, I guess I haven't missed much.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    I too have many hundreds of transactions through eBay over the past 10 years. If you sent them an invoice from eBay through your PayPal account that is the way in which they should pay. They purchased through eBay, they need to pay through eBay, simple as that. If you do it any other way you are not protected by eBay on your transaction, you may be scammed and/or robbed electronically.

This is exactly why I stopped selling to most foreign countries. I listed my items for USA and Canada bidders only. Even Canadian bidders can be a problem because they want you to show a low selling price on your shipping label declaration so they don't have to pay as much in tariff tax when it crosses the border.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Report them, and see how EBAY will handle the transaction from there. Safeguard yourself.
    There are milliions of ways to be scammed even though it seems legit. If they are asking for something out of the norm, or the way YOU have it set-up, than that should be a redflag.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

DISPUTE IT IN PAYPAL ... and let them know. They will know "how" the money got to them.... thru bank, credit card, or whatever means and be able to track it to the person, as well as provide that information to authorities, banks, etc. They will also make sure any others coming from that card, account, person , etc. is blocked out of any future transactions, and..... they may pay you for the item if the person actually receives the item via their insurance .... since it's supposed to be guaranteed.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links