And I thought I was having a bad day, turns out I was not.

And I thought I was having a bad day, turns out I was not.

This is a discussion on And I thought I was having a bad day, turns out I was not. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just when I thought my day was going badly I came upon this and it made me realize my day was not bad at all....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post And I thought I was having a bad day, turns out I was not.

Just when I thought my day was going badly I came upon this and it made me realize my day was not bad at all.

Maybe that was one of his good days. You don't know what else he might have going on in his life. :-)

I know what an overturned vehicle is like, that's for sure. We were in a Dodge Ram charger with a 24 ft travel trailer and nearly got smacked by a mack truck wandering in our lane. Needless to say the truck and trailer rolled with all of us in it when my Dad swerved to avoid hitting the nimrod. I felt like we were in a bingo ball cage! The truck and hitch were tough as nails and it saved our lives. Truck and trailer totaled and we had to get a ride back home. Yup.....no Disneyworld vacation that year.
    Last edited by EPIC SCUMBAG; August 3rd, 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Looks like they weren't paying attention or fell asleep. Plus it looks like they're almost got really bad, you can see the (thankfully) successful, last second effort 15ft before that ledge.

But that's a curvy road to start with, plus everyone does 65 in the 45 zone. That whole stretch from Bangor to Ellsworth can be sketchy, even without winter.

FWIW, I've seen speedtraps just before the last exit to 1A. Sneaky too, pulling way off on the shoulder.

WhoWeBePart1...from the picture, it looks as if you were traveling in a helicopter?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by GlockLobster View Post
    Looks like they weren't paying attention or fell asleep. Plus it looks like they're almost got really bad, you can see the (thankfully) successful, last second effort 15ft before that ledge.

But that's a curvy road to start with, plus everyone does 65 in the 45 zone. That whole stretch from Bangor to Ellsworth can be sketchy, even without winter.

FWIW, I've seen speedtraps just before the last exit to 1A. Sneaky too, pulling way off on the shoulder.
    This happend on 395 in Brewer as you approach Bangor and the speed limit is 60MPH in some parts and 55MPH in others.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    WhoWeBePart1...from the picture, it looks as if you were traveling in a helicopter?
    I took the photos from an overpass after I had passed the accident scene. I knew I could get some good photos from that view point.

I had to place the lense of the digital camera past the fence to get those photos.

That's what I always think when sitting in traffic, my day is going bad but the guy at the front of the line causing the holdup has probably got it a lot worse!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I bet that loosened a few fillings. Nothing like hitting a mountain to shake things up.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I came up on one like that and being a nice guy I stopped to see if I could help. One cop on scene and no EMS. The car ran 15 ft up the face before it went airborne and landed on it's roof. I took a couple deep breaths preparing for the worse. Got to the car, empty. She was sitting in the HP car with a nurse that was driving by working on her. She had a inch long cut on her forehead, nothing else. I just handed the nurse some goodies to work on her with. Basically she just walked away from it. You never know. Hopefully they are OK.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I don't think your gonna be climbing that mountain even in 4 wheel drive
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I've seen some nasty accidents as well up in that area. We travel up there quite a bit and saw a flipped car I think it was on RT. 1 going out to Bar Harbor once, and always seem to see them in that general area as well.

Seat Belts Save Lives.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    Seat Belts Save Lives.
    +100 Did two rolls at 70, passenger and I walked away with jut a few scrapes and bruises.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    +100 Did two rolls at 70, passenger and I walked away with jut a few scrapes and bruises.
    3 1/2 times at 70MPH and I walked away with two brusied ribs and some minor cuts from the flying glass. Years later I read an article about a woman that rolled a SUV just like mine. She was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected and died.

Ouch. Yeah, no matter how bad you have it, it could be worse. I hope those guys are ok.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links