A gift from me to anyone.

This is a discussion on A gift from me to anyone. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, I don't know where to post this so I figured here would be just fine. I would start by saying I design graphics and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A gift from me to anyone.

A gift from me to anyone.

Ok, I don't know where to post this so I figured here would be just fine. I would start by saying I design graphics and backgrounds to kill time and my father made a request to me. He asked me to create him an avatar depicting Glocks crossed like the "Expert Pistol" symbol and I did. From there he asked me to create for him a background and I did. The wall-paper is the same thing as his avatar and I thought I might share it with you all to see if you wanted it, or wanted me to create something for you. No, this isn't an add for any business I am working to build and there is no charge, this is just because I am proud of my work and want to share.

The background I created for my father:

If you like it you can use it, or if you want me to create one for you, just tell me what you want on it.

I can also create avatars, and signiture images (If you're on forums that allow them) should you be interested. Below is a link to all the things I have created thus far.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...res-photoshop/
    Last edited by DeMeshia; June 26th, 2006 at 12:44 AM.
    I know everything and nothing because I understand too little.

As darkness falls, night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace.

2. Remove Ads

Good looking Stuff

Lead Moderator
    Very nice work.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Hey I love Those Crossed GLOCKS. Nice Job.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Very nice work!!!
    Curry

Well, I guess I can say that was successful. *Laughs* I'm glad you guys like my stuff and like I said, if you ever want me to, I'll be happy to create something for you.

As darkness falls, night unfolds ebon wings to wrap the world in its dark embrace.

Excellent work! If you did the same kind of pic but with XD's instead of Glocks, the folks over at XDtalk.com would love you forever. You could call me their ambassador. That's a great gift you have.

Thank you. if you have a few pics to donate I'd be happy to see what I could create for you. I'd even give you the code, if ya wanted to post it there. *Smiles*

couple quick & easy ones can be found here:
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...-itshere.shtml
    http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...-service.shtml

One has a white background, the other black. Is this something you could use?

Couple more here...
    http://www.bootsandsabers.com/index...._sidebars/228/

Don't break your neck over it, but I (we) surely appreciate your generosity!

I do believe I can and it's no problem at all. As it's been said before, artists always love it when their art is appreciated. *Smiles* I'll have it loaded either before morning or sometime tomorrow night.

Hi DeMeshia!!

What program do you use? Do you use Photo-Shop?

That program is beyond me.. as near as I can tell you pretty much have to take a college course to use the thing...

I use PSP (Paint Shop Pro). It cost's about a 100 bucks and is so much easier to use.. (IMO)

I made one sometime ago with an XD that I thought you might enjoy...

I love that one!! I did it by finding a pic of an XD on their site.. then I just removed all the backround noise and painted it white.. cut and pasted a pic of a T-mobile device.. resized it untill it fit the image.. ... the shadows wer kind of hard to do.. that was pixel by pixel drudgery.. (but I enjoyed doing it.. I am sure you know what I mean!!!)

Oh.. then for the final touch.. I needed to edit the .40 with the "Motorola" symbol... that was a b*tch!! LOL

I think it turned out pretty well!!

I have a bunch more if you like..

Happy image editing!! It's fun!!

Raymond
    Last edited by Captain Ray; June 24th, 2006 at 12:51 AM.

Assistant Administrator
    Nice work Ray. I do quite a bit of image work and tho I have used PSP - have for years, literally - used Picture Publisher from Micrografx - it is more user friendly and anyways after all this time I near know it inside out - tho still finding new things now and again.

One thing these days - no one should take any pic at face value anymore, as us dig-image pirates can make the impossible seem possible

One I was quite pleased with was this ''straightening out'' last year of the hideous UN gun sculpture.

Small pic first of the <yuk> original - then the ''improved'' version

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I like yours much better!!!

Here is one I did after the Dick Cheney shotgun mishap.. I don't forgive him for the accident.. their is no excuse for an accident with a firearm.. I feel like I can poke fun at the guy though... because I have made one mistake myself.. lord and common sense help me.. I hope Mr. Cheney and I never make another mistake like that again...

hehehehe

Raymond
    Last edited by Captain Ray; June 24th, 2006 at 01:28 AM.

Assistant Administrator
    Great pic - nice work
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hi DeMeshia!!

What program do you use? Do you use Photo-Shop?

That program is beyond me.. as near as I can tell you pretty much have to take a college course to use the thing...

I use PSP (Paint Shop Pro). It cost's about a 100 bucks and is so much easier to use.. (IMO)

I made one sometime ago with an XD that I thought you might enjoy...
    I do, in fact, use Photoshop and am still learning more and more about it. Admittedly it slows up my computer... a lot... but it's a good program to use once you learn what you're doing and can do with it. I used to use it to create websites... and websites to create websites... *laughs* but I tend to loose interest in things too easily to keep update any sites I have still up. In truth, Photoshop and Image-ready are the only two programs I have ever used. (I like fighting with it, what can I say? It's a challenge)

Nice work Ray. I do quite a bit of image work and tho I have used PSP - have for years, literally - used Picture Publisher from Micrografx - it is more user friendly and anyways after all this time I near know it inside out - tho still finding new things now and again.

One thing these days - no one should take any pic at face value anymore, as us dig-image pirates can make the impossible seem possible

One I was quite pleased with was this ''straightening out'' last year of the hideous UN gun sculpture.

Small pic first of the <yuk> original - then the ''improved'' version
    I have to say I like the pictures you all have shown better than my own. *Pouts and laughs*

I'm sticking with simple stuff for now, even though, in *some* cases my pictures seem to get more intricate as time goes by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links