Hey guys

This is a discussion on Hey guys within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Haven't heard back from Universal since the interview, so I'm thinking about relocating to Jacksonville to study Aikido. There's a dojo there and I was ...

Thread: Hey guys

Hey guys

Haven't heard back from Universal since the interview, so I'm thinking about relocating to Jacksonville to study Aikido. There's a dojo there and I was considering it before but I was worried about the crime rate. Now a friend from our running club has moved there and loves it, so I'm reconsidering my opinion of the area.

Anyone here live around there and can you give me some advice on the city? I've got a few questions, like, is it as bad as some people say it is? Are there any neighborhoods I should stay away from when looking for a place to live? What about Confederate Point? What's the general cost of apartments in the area? Can you recommend a shooting range?

Also, I'm thinking about applying to be a Armored Car Driver with either Loomis or Brinks. Has anyone worked in this line of employment? How did you like it? What is the starting pay like? I've searched online and from what I've seen it's about $11 or $12 dollars an hour, which a lot of people were complaining about, but I would be happy for a starting salary that high, lol.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    dangerous work, watch your back and front and everywhere in between at all times
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

You might take a look at Saint Augustine as well, just south of the city by half an hour or so it's a quaint little town. Depending on what you do or where you intend to work it might work out for you.
    Areas to avoid, north of the city center on up towards the Zoo...west side anywhere past the I-95/I-10 merge and north of I-10 avoid but south of the interstate in that area is good.
    Southside near town until you get out to the burbs.
    The beaches are good but pricey although you can find some nice little places on out there and south along A1A.....Lots of opportunities in the Orange Park area as well. You can get some of the real estate guides sent on down to you via mail if you look hard enough. Without knowing what your situation is it's difficult to steer you in the right direction but you can find plenty of places to suit you.

Thanks, I will. I knew it would be dangerous, but security/law enforcement is my dream job. I'm insane like that.

Quote Originally Posted by redfish443 View Post
    You might take a look at Saint Augustine as well, just south of the city by half an hour or so it's a quaint little town. Depending on what you do or where you intend to work it might work out for you.
    Areas to avoid, north of the city center on up towards the Zoo...west side anywhere past the I-95/I-10 merge and north of I-10 avoid but south of the interstate in that area is good.
    Southside near town until you get out to the burbs.
    The beaches are good but pricey although you can find some nice little places on out there and south along A1A.....Lots of opportunities in the Orange Park area as well. You can get some of the real estate guides sent on down to you via mail if you look hard enough. Without knowing what your situation is it's difficult to steer you in the right direction but you can find plenty of places to suit you.
    What about near the Naval Air Base? The dojo is on Wesconnett about ten minutes west. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by BRTCP88 View Post
    ... I'm thinking about relocating to Jacksonville...Bad place, and 'extra mag town'. ...but I was worried about the crime rate. If you are into records, it's crime rate sets 'records'.

Anyone here live around there and can you give me some advice on the city? Stay armed! ...is it as bad as some people say it is? Not really, it's much worse! Are there any neighborhoods I should stay away from when looking for a place to live? Just the ones in Jax. Can you recommend a shooting range? Just about any Stop 'N' Rob or street.

Armored Car...could be very useful.
    Enjoy, but I wouldn't live there on a bet.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Enjoy, but I wouldn't live there on a bet.
    Your comments made me LOL. Like I said *points to self* insane, lol! I'm still thinking it over.

Links