Wow, someone who really gets it!

This is a discussion on Wow, someone who really gets it! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a two page article and I gotta run out the door to work, but it is a really great read. http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...PINION/8080319 I believe ...

Thread: Wow, someone who really gets it!

This is a two page article and I gotta run out the door to work, but it is a really great read.
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...PINION/8080319

I believe in the Second Amendment, but I am selfish, too. I'll tell you why in a bit.

The U.S. Constitution guarantees citizens the right to bear arms. I do not want an unarmed citizenry, despite the price we pay in gun violence and gun accidents each year. That's a road I never want to have to travel. A citizenry that cannot defend itself against a government gone wrong is a conquered citizenry. A citizenry that has no way to fight against a leader who believes one race is superior to another is a dead citizenry. History has proved that to us in countless ways and around the world.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Very good
    NRA Member

Well said!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Don't break the law. Don't steal or break into homes, and you'll likely never face the end of a gun barrel.

Makes sense to me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I found that to be very interesting. Especially the comment "I might not want a gun in my home, but that doesn't mean there isn't one".

This article could be good for a friend I have. I was chatting with some friends this past weekend. The husband grew up in a "gun house", if you will. The wife is from Brazil, has been robbed at gunpoint, and still wants nothing to do with them. She was pretty open to the discussion and did not shut down immediately. I had the opportunity to ask her "if your life, your husband's life, or your child's life were in imminant danger with no escape, you or them....could you pull the trigger" She replied "I don't know, you'd have to be in that position to know what you would do". I said "I know, that's why I've made the choice to HAVE the decision to make". She said "that's a very good point". Maybe I tipped the scales just a bit for the husband's argument to buy a gun. We'll see.

Sponsored Links