New Drink For SMOKERS

New Drink For SMOKERS

This is a discussion on New Drink For SMOKERS within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just FYI Seriously, it's called Nic Lite. It is a lemon flavored drink (8 OZ) that contains the exact same amount of nicotine as is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Drink For SMOKERS

Administrator

Post New Drink For SMOKERS

Just FYI

Seriously, it's called Nic Lite.
    It is a lemon flavored drink (8 OZ) that contains the exact same amount of nicotine as is contained in two cigarettes.

Marketed to help smokers either break the smoke cycle or to get them through the long plane ride...or NO Smoking in the workplace & such.

It is already on the shelves in some areas. CA...I think.

Since it is the other ingredients in cigarettes that are harmful & not the nicotine...it would sure beat smoking AND give your lungs a much needed break away from the smoke.

Nicotine IS addictive though so if you don't smoke...don't start drinking Nic Lite.

Wonder if it will give you throat Cancer ?

VIP Member
    ....the moral of the story is....don't start smokin' 'cause some cigarette, patch, chewing gum, and now soft drink company will pretty much own you....

...but for those that already smoke, I guess this is some measure of help.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Nicotine is one of the most deadly toxins known to man. I kidd you not.

It isn't what usually kills smokers because of the low dose, but putting it in your body is still a BAD THING.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Tanksoldier has it right. Nicotinic acid (that's what nicotene is) in pure form will take about one drop to kill you dead, fast. And yes, certain organisations that don't exist all over the world have been known to make use of it in the past..........
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

tec
    Somebody needs to tell One Eyed Fat Man about this, he loooooves his smokes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    Nicotinic acid (that's what nicotene is) in pure form will take about one drop to kill you dead, fast.
    It just struck me as funny, seeing guys in biohazard suits make this drink, then ship it out to the grocery store shelves.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    On a recent morning show they reported a western city, I think it was Seattle, has noted a new type of club popping up called a “smokeeasy” something like the speakeasy of prohibition days. Of course the locations are passed on by word of mouth.

Lead Moderator
    smoking killed the dinosaurs off you know.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    smoking killed the dinosaurs off you know.
    Now THAT explains alot of things I always wondered about....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tec
    Somebody needs to tell One Eyed Fat Man about this, he loooooves his smokes.
    No I don't love my smokes and I don't love any of these con jobs for quitting. That drink is just another con job. Out of every 100 people who smoke only 20 or less of them will quit for good. Cig's are more addictive than heroin.

Administrator
    I just heard that the Germany has had a Nicotine Laced beverage out on the market for a while now so the idea is not new. Just new to the U.S.A.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

All things considered, anything that helps people quit is a good thing. I've been smoking for more years than I care to think about and now I'm up to about two packs per day. Health issues aside, it's damned expensive at almost $3 per pack.

Thinking about both the recent passing of Bob (acparmed) and my own brother last year (at age 42), I've been trying to work up the gumption to try quiting one more time. I've tried several times over the years and almost had it kicked when I had my back surgery in 2002 but stress got the better of me and I had to have "just one."
    Jack

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm and i thought that you had cigar flavored Jack Danials lol , all BS aside all smokers ( i am a 3 pack a day ) need to quit .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Ok, there is hope folks. All teasing aside I was a smoker who quit and never looked back. I started as a teen but at 21 I saw what it was doing to my endurance. While quiting my thing was pencil erasers. Good thing they're not toxic 'caus I must of chewed the ends off of 100 of them the first few months. After a while though the desire was gone and I never went back. My health was the better for it and today I hate even the smell of the things. Granted that was, shall we say, a few years ago and I WAS kept busy helping Noah build that boat but that's another story.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links