someone offering more $ than I'm asking? what say ye?

This is a discussion on someone offering more $ than I'm asking? what say ye? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a rifle for sale on Armslist. I'm asking $240 FTF. I received an email today from someone who said they would pay $300 ...

I have a rifle for sale on Armslist. I'm asking $240 FTF. I received an email today from someone who said they would pay $300 if I ship it to their FFL in Florida. That's all the email said. For some reason this strikes me as weird.

I replied that I would be happy to ship and would need a USPS MO for $300 and a copy of their FFL's license. I have given no mailing address or anything at this point.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

VIP Member
    He just really wants it, and $60 for shipping (I assume that HE assumes his price includes shipping) isn't that out of the realm of possibilities.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    He just really wants it, and $60 for shipping (I assume that HE assumes his price includes shipping) isn't that out of the realm of possibilities.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    I have a rifle for sale on Armslist. I'm asking $240 FTF. I received an email today from someone who said they would pay $300 if I ship it to their FFL in Florida. That's all the email said. For some reason this strikes me as weird.

I replied that I would be happy to ship and would need a USPS MO for $300 and a copy of their FFL's license. I have given no mailing address or anything at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I think OPFOR's right. he's most likely offerring the extra $ for shipping and processing fee.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Hey, that makes sense. I quit smoking again two days ago. My brain does not run properly without nicotine. Thanks for not making fun of me....lol.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Just be sure the funds clear before you ship it off.

I say stick to your "guns", you can talk him down!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Just chekc all your bases. make sure the money clears and the FFL is right.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Just chekc all your bases. make sure the money clears and the FFL is right.
    All this,without getting a copy of his FFL that is current,do not ship to just any address,this could be somebody that can't legally get a gun,so he is not only trying to get one but you will become part of the conspiracy.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    When he sends you and FFL to ship to its easy enough to check it out to see if its legit.

http://fflgundealers.net/
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    When he sends you and FFL to ship to its easy enough to check it out to see if its legit.

http://fflgundealers.net/
    Thats a good idea,Somebody could print out a fake FFL and you would never know it until ATF came knocking
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

don't worry, I don't ship any guns legal or not. I carry everything to a local FFL to ship, he checks everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I say stick to your "guns", you can talk him down!
    "No I won't go up!" ?

A lot of scams start out that way.... and that's all it is, a scam. I say that, because they didn't give you any explanation. They throw out the bait and see who bites. Don't give them any personal information.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Always possible that it's a scams. Get the FFL and wait for money order to clear. I have done the same thing except I stated that I would pay shipping and FFL fees. Kinda weird that they wouldn't say that but may be just trying to feel you out as to if you would ship or not.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Links