I was tricked at work

This is a discussion on I was tricked at work within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oh boy... we get brutal around my office. I'd start here; http://gadizmo.com/the-best-office-p...r-10-bucks.php These things are great when unexpected....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was tricked at work

Administrator
    Oh boy... we get brutal around my office. I'd start here;

http://gadizmo.com/the-best-office-p...r-10-bucks.php

These things are great when unexpected.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

+1
    Cheap, effective and proven
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

There are a lot of options but none compare to a strategically placed fart machine.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Someone gave me a note at work with phone number and told me , I really needed to call it immediately. It was our CEO's personal line, which I obviously didn't know. When our CEO answered (caller ID he knew who called so I couldn't bluff out of it, and he knows me) so, I told him .... I think I just got a prank pulled on me and told him what they did (no names given). He laughed about it and said , "I have one question for you.... are you going to get even ? ".... I told him "OH, YOU BET", and he told me to let him know later if I did.

Ok, his son came to work there..... which I also got to know. Very nice guy. I was working with him on a new production program. He had the "same name" Roger (JR). So, I asked him if someday I could come in and borrow his phone.... told him the story, and he told me that he would love to be involved. We got a female to help us out and call the guy who set me up. She called on Roger Jr's phone.... and told him..... "we need you to come to Roger X's office immediately " ... of course the caller ID showed it was from Roger X's phone and he assumed it was Roger Sr's secretary calling. He didn't ask.

So they rushed over to his office, about 1/2 mile away on foot, and when they appeared at Roger SR's office... our CEO... the secretary asked him if he had called this guy. He told her to ask if they knew me...... she asked and they answered they did.... Roger Sr. told the secretary to hand him the phone. Roger Sr (laughing) told him.... "I think he just got even with you for the joke you pulled on him , now tell me ..... how did you get my private phone number ? ". That, scared him.......

He never pulled any jokes on me again.

When Roger Sr saw me one day after that, he told me , "good job, I got a really good laugh out of that one".
    Last edited by Eagleks; August 19th, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    There are a lot of options but none compare to a strategically placed fart machine.
    This one is loads of fun. http://www.thefartmachine.com/
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Manicures: $40
    Pedicures: $60
    Range time + ammo: $50
    Quality mother/daughter time: PRICELESS

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    This will take some time to do so plan accordingly. First, figure out the ringleader that punked you. When they're gone, do a "print screen" of their computer's desktop and save a copy of this. I just make a new folder (rename it with something that ties in with what they have so it's not obvious) and save it to their desktop so it's easier to access. Now drag all their shortcuts, folders and icons into this folder. After doing this, set the desktop background to the "print screen" copy you saved. When they go to use their computer, everything will look "normal" until they try to click on their links which causes a panic of astronimical proportions as they'll think their computer is royally screwed. In the end, it shows them their dealing with much superior mindpower and they are nowhere near the league you're in once they realize what has happened. The beauty of it is you control the duration of the suffering as they won't be able to figure it out until you decide to tell them. Enjoy.
    Great joke if they dont know what is going on! My oldest daughter used to do this to me once in a while on the home computer...screwed me up the first time, great laugh.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Go into the dictionary in the word program on thier computer and make the auto correct feature change a common word like"the" or "when" to something crazy like "so-and so is a bozo". every time they type that word in a document, it will change. hopefully they will proof read their work! Most dont know how to fix this.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Quote Originally Posted by Retiredonce View Post
    +1
    Cheap, effective and proven
    +2... We've used them to great success here... My boss works with our group in our little box o fun(cubicles). We placed one of those gizmos to the backside of his cabinet that was mounted directly above his phone. For the first few days he was trying to figure out what was wrong with his phone. By the end of the week he was batcrap crazy.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I hid one of these in my bosses office (we're pretty laid back here) and it worked excellent. Within 2 hours he was methodically searching every nook and crevice in his office, and within 3 1/2 he was about ready to just leave.

The sound they make is excruciatingly annoying. If you visit www.thinkgeek.com they have 3 different versions. The original, one with more sounds in addition to the old annoying one, and a creepy one that makes sounds like whispering and scratching.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    For starters have someone else give them an important number to call. Make it the number to the local psychiatric/suicide hotline. Actually I hate it when pranks involve outside parties. Can you imagine being the call taker someplace where prank calls end up on a regular basis?

Just out of curiosity what type of work are you in? That info can help plan the best revenge.

Do you have access to alcohol based foam hand sanitizer? Take a handful and toss it onto their butt as they walk by. They won't feel it at first. About a minute later it gets very cold and wet. Then when they feel for it they get a handful of white foamy mystery goop. This is often called the "Bunny Tail." Used to do this all the time to my partner walking through hospitals and nursing homes when I was at the back of the stretcher.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Is the Mozambique drill frowned upon, still?

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The best one I ever pulled:

I was doing TDY as the Services Supervisor with a group of Services (mainly cooks) troops to Sicily, and had one troop that did not want to cook but he really wanted to learn how to run a kitchen storeroom. So I said no problem, we get to Sicily I'll make arrangements for you to be assigned to help out in the storeroom.

When we arrived and we were sitting in the front of the dining hall figuring out work assignments with the DH supervisor, I told the super that I had one guy that specifically wanted to be in the storeroom; he was okay with that so I said I'll just run back there now, intro myself, and get that set up. No problem with him, so I jumped up and headed to the back of the kitchen to make arrangements with the storeroom guy to have my guy work with him while we were there.

I get to the storeroom, and it's an old friend of mine working in there, a guy that I had trained to run a storeroom at a previous assignment. I jumped on the chance: after catching up, I explained the situation, and asked him if he would train my guy while we were in town and he was glad to help. So I said to him: listen, he's a little hard of hearing, so you have to talk loud for him to hear you, and if he yells back it's just because he really doesn't know any better, he forgets others can hear just fine.

I then went back out to the front of the dining hall, and grabbed my guy, and told him it was all set up, he'd be able to work the storeroom with my old friend that I'd trained to run a storeroom, for our entire stay. He was happy about that, and then I explained to him: but listen, he's a little hard of hearing, so you have to talk loud for him to hear you, and if he yells back just try and understand, he really doesn't mean to he just doesn't know any better.

Took him back to the storeroom, yelled at the first guy: "Brownie, this is Jeff", then turned to my guy and yelled, "Jeff, this is Brownie". And I turned and walked out. Those two guys yelled at each other, with the entire kitchen cracking up, for an hour before they figured it out.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    +2... We've used them to great success here... My boss works with our group in our little box o fun(cubicles). We placed one of those gizmos to the backside of his cabinet that was mounted directly above his phone. For the first few days he was trying to figure out what was wrong with his phone. By the end of the week he was batcrap crazy.
    I placed ours in the PC tower in a corner office. It took a good long while for him to figure it out.

Also, I zipped tied suit jackets to their hangers, put pins and medals on uniforms upside down, move pictures around, replaced family photos on desk with those of bosses, switched computer keys, switch windows to foreign languages, replaced all pens in desk drawers with crayons, changed locks on office doors, change desk phone ring tones to some annoying song or saying, every time ones computer goes to screen saver this gets blasted in the office; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_MpYzR33Dg. Change their voice mail greeting to something equally as 'happy'. Some of our offices have a sliding placard to indicate if we are in an interview or making a sensitive phone call... instead of it saying "busy" it says "Sleeping" or "hiding". Tape telephone's to their base. If you have several offices furnished alike, switch desk chairs. They look alike, yet they are different. It drives people nuts.

If you are really industrial, take apart the office phone. Find a way to slip a 9 volt battery into it attached to one lone Christmas light. The light will blink, and it will always look like their is a new voice mail or a call is waiting.

If you got a guy who is into the 'unexplained' make several candle kites ( http://www.2020site.org/kite/candle-kites.html ) Tie them together in a triangular shape, and let 'em fly at night. Grab your mark and point out the UFO. I got a guy real good that way. We let him go on for a while, but had to tell him prematurely for fear he was going to call the Air Force or something drastic.

The male enhancement product commercials area always offering free samples, I'm sure your friend would like to have some delivered to the office.
    Maybe a magazine subscription? There are tons of options there.
    Pharmaceutical companies always send out free information about their products. Maybe your friend would like to learn more about Valtrex.

If you really want to stir the pot, call the coworkers home when he is at work, and ask his wife where he is. Tell her he hasn't been to work in a few days and ask if everything is OK. This is particularly evil if you wait until he is away on a business trip.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 19th, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

go to the gas station and get those snap caps of the paper variety then tear off 4 snaps and place them under the seat where the stoppers are. and when they sit they will crap their pants.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links