I was tricked at work - Page 3

I was tricked at work

This is a discussion on I was tricked at work within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My office mates would always lock their cubicle cabinets when they left for the day. What they didn't realize is that even though the door ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I was tricked at work

My office mates would always lock their cubicle cabinets when they left for the day. What they didn't realize is that even though the door one' open, there is about a 1.5" gap at the top of the door. This gap is just large enough to pour a couple boxes of styrofoam popcorn into the cabinet. When they got there in the morning and opened it, a flood of popcorn would fall out, and they'd spend the next hour picking it up, and swearing.

When I was in college I played an excellent joke on my roommate. One day he left his laptop logged in and he was out so I decided I had to do something to make him regret that decision. I decided to change the sounds his computer makes when he turns on and off his computer. I had to come up with some things that would have been really funny so I changed his start up song to the old alka seltzer commercial with the little kids singing. Seeing how that was funny enough I then changed his sound for when his computer turned off to the entire Meow Mix commercial. He had not realized for a few days because he had his sound off but a few days later I got a text message from him while he was in class saying how everyone enjoyed the alka seltzer commercial because what is even better about this is that while your computer is turning on or off you are not able to mute your computer (at least I know on Dells) so everyone in his class got to hear it. It was a class of about 300 people so plenty heard the jingle going on.

The meow mix one was just for pure enjoyment. We left it on there for a few weeks because he didn't know how to change it back and he had to explain to everyone why these songs kept going off. It was classic
    The only time you can have too much ammo is in water or in fire

VIP Member
    Sixto that is some funny stuff. The Valtrex one made me laugh out loud. I think I'm going to give it a few weeks and try the annoyatron. :)
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Find the "dumb blonde" of the bunch (male or female). Before lunch or whatever time you can do so, take some lightweight oil of any kind and put a few drops on the ground below their car just under the rear blinker lights. Tell the car owner that there is something leaking out of their car and you think it is "blinker fluid".

If they are silly enough they will go to a nearby garage and ask to have their blinker fluid checked.

Oh well, it worked with new recruits in armor . . . . we sent them to the motor pool sergeant for

- A box of grid squares
    - cans of muzzle blast
    - bore evacuater fluid
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Find the "dumb blonde" of the bunch (male or female). Before lunch or whatever time you can do so, take some lightweight oil of any kind and put a few drops on the ground below their car just under the rear blinker lights. Tell the car owner that there is something leaking out of their car and you think it is "blinker fluid".

If they are silly enough they will go to a nearby garage and ask to have their blinker fluid checked.

Oh well, it worked with new recruits in armor . . . . we sent them to the motor pool sergeant for

- A box of grid squares
    - cans of muzzle blast
    - bore evacuater fluid
    Don't forget a bottle of prop wash, a couple of muffler bearings and a box of chemlight batteries. All things needed at one time or another.
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Sixto that is some funny stuff. The Valtrex one made me laugh out loud. I think I'm going to give it a few weeks and try the annoyatron. :)
    And that is just the tame stuff. The stuff that is fit for the forum and public knowledge. We do get brutal.

We told one guy mid shift that a prisoner with a bad case of bed bugs was transported in his car the previous shift. He was itching and scratching the entire shift, until he was told (and convinced) it wasnt so.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sending somebody to Home Depot or Hardware store and Asking for a Cordless Extention Cord. You plug on end into the tool and the other into the outlet and there is no cord in the middle but the tool works. It is cordless.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    The best one I ever pulled:

I was doing TDY as the Services Supervisor with a group of Services (mainly cooks) troops to Sicily, and had one troop that did not want to cook but he really wanted to learn how to run a kitchen storeroom. So I said no problem, we get to Sicily I'll make arrangements for you to be assigned to help out in the storeroom.

When we arrived and we were sitting in the front of the dining hall figuring out work assignments with the DH supervisor, I told the super that I had one guy that specifically wanted to be in the storeroom; he was okay with that so I said I'll just run back there now, intro myself, and get that set up. No problem with him, so I jumped up and headed to the back of the kitchen to make arrangements with the storeroom guy to have my guy work with him while we were there.

I get to the storeroom, and it's an old friend of mine working in there, a guy that I had trained to run a storeroom at a previous assignment. I jumped on the chance: after catching up, I explained the situation, and asked him if he would train my guy while we were in town and he was glad to help. So I said to him: listen, he's a little hard of hearing, so you have to talk loud for him to hear you, and if he yells back it's just because he really doesn't know any better, he forgets others can hear just fine.

I then went back out to the front of the dining hall, and grabbed my guy, and told him it was all set up, he'd be able to work the storeroom with my old friend that I'd trained to run a storeroom, for our entire stay. He was happy about that, and then I explained to him: but listen, he's a little hard of hearing, so you have to talk loud for him to hear you, and if he yells back just try and understand, he really doesn't mean to he just doesn't know any better.

Took him back to the storeroom, yelled at the first guy: "Brownie, this is Jeff", then turned to my guy and yelled, "Jeff, this is Brownie". And I turned and walked out. Those two guys yelled at each other, with the entire kitchen cracking up, for an hour before they figured it out.
    I love this one!!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

We did this to my wifes boss. I thought it was pretty harmless.

If you're military you can have them call Col Sanders, at your local KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I placed ours in the PC tower in a corner office. It took a good long while for him to figure it out.

Also, I zipped tied suit jackets to their hangers, put pins and medals on uniforms upside down, move pictures around, replaced family photos on desk with those of bosses, switched computer keys, switch windows to foreign languages, replaced all pens in desk drawers with crayons, changed locks on office doors, change desk phone ring tones to some annoying song or saying, every time ones computer goes to screen saver this gets blasted in the office; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_MpYzR33Dg. Change their voice mail greeting to something equally as 'happy'. Some of our offices have a sliding placard to indicate if we are in an interview or making a sensitive phone call... instead of it saying "busy" it says "Sleeping" or "hiding". Tape telephone's to their base. If you have several offices furnished alike, switch desk chairs. They look alike, yet they are different. It drives people nuts.

If you are really industrial, take apart the office phone. Find a way to slip a 9 volt battery into it attached to one lone Christmas light. The light will blink, and it will always look like their is a new voice mail or a call is waiting.

If you got a guy who is into the 'unexplained' make several candle kites ( http://www.2020site.org/kite/candle-kites.html ) Tie them together in a triangular shape, and let 'em fly at night. Grab your mark and point out the UFO. I got a guy real good that way. We let him go on for a while, but had to tell him prematurely for fear he was going to call the Air Force or something drastic.

The male enhancement product commercials area always offering free samples, I'm sure your friend would like to have some delivered to the office.
    Maybe a magazine subscription? There are tons of options there.
    Pharmaceutical companies always send out free information about their products. Maybe your friend would like to learn more about Valtrex.

If you really want to stir the pot, call the coworkers home when he is at work, and ask his wife where he is. Tell her he hasn't been to work in a few days and ask if everything is OK. This is particularly evil if you wait until he is away on a business trip.
    Note to self, no more SIXTO wisecracks, man, you are cold.

Timmy, some info about the kind of work situation would help a little. But really the possibilities are as endless as your imagination. We get pretty brutal with each other during deployments, although a lot of that isn't forum friendly.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

An LEO buddy of mine had this happen to him:

He got a message to call Braxton Hicks at the number xxx-xxxx. The number was that of an OB-GYN office. The receptionist starting laughing at him. He got real serious...
    "Mam, this is Officer xxx xxxxx with the Sheriffs Office. I received a message to call Mr Braxton Hicks in regard to a crime. What is so damn funny?"
    "Officer...you're being punked. Braxton Hicks is the medical term for early labor"
    "damn"
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Note to self, no more SIXTO wisecracks, man, you are cold.

Timmy, some info about the kind of work situation would help a little. But really the possibilities are as endless as your imagination. We get pretty brutal with each other during deployments, although a lot of that isn't forum friendly.

Air Traffic control. Federal job so we have to be cautious about getting too crazy. The old "black shoe polish on the tower binoculars trick" is my next move, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas solo View Post
    An LEO buddy of mine had this happen to him:

He got a message to call Braxton Hicks at the number xxx-xxxx. The number was that of an OB-GYN office. The receptionist starting laughing at him. He got real serious...
    "Mam, this is Officer xxx xxxxx with the Sheriffs Office. I received a message to call Mr Braxton Hicks in regard to a crime. What is so damn funny?"
    "Officer...you're being punked. Braxton Hicks is the medical term for early labor"
    "damn"
    That's a good one. Funny!
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Not being as computer savvy as you boys, I still love the Vaseline on the earpiece of the desk phone. Had a conspiritor lube the ex bosses phone a month after I quit so I could call him first thing in the morning and confess.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

I have now learned to not mess with Sixto!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links