Good deed of the day

Good deed of the day

This is a discussion on Good deed of the day within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As a responsible citizen I like to help people out and make their lives a little better when I can. Like I assume most of ...

Thread: Good deed of the day

Good deed of the day

As a responsible citizen I like to help people out and make their lives a little better when I can. Like I assume most of you do, I do the little things opening doors for others, pausing a little longer to help pregnant women, mothers and the elderly, letting others out of the elevator first, letting people with 1 item cut in front of me at the grocery store, letting a parent that is struggling know that everyone goes through it, chatting with a friend that needs an ear, et cetera. But I also try to look out for the opportunity to go a little further for someone that really needs it.

Today as I was driving home from taking my kids to day care I saw a man in his late 60's that looked to need help. His car had died in the left hand turn lane at a busy intersection and he was standing near it talking on the phone. When I stopped to help I noticed a small man that was maybe in his mid 40's that looked to have CP or similar issues, in the back seat.

As I started to look to recuit someone to help stop traffic so I could push him through the intersection I saw a cop in the gas station that I was planning on pushing him to... he made a left turn and drove away.

Then I noticed 4 city workers repairing a sidewalk that immediately came to help when I described the task and we shoved the guy through the intersection.

I have done this sort of thing a dozen times in the past 5 years and it always makes me feel good. I don't put myself at risk of a personal attack but if I can help someone I don't know I try.

Obviously there was no reason for this guy to ever know that carried and that he was helped by a CC holder, but I think it would be nice to have a running thread going that contains the "good deeds" we do for others, without them asking, that can be pointed to, to show the character of responsible CC permit holders.

What did you do today?

VIP Member
    Good job. So far today, I haven't hurt anybody .

This is my favorite Mother Teresa quote, and it's one that I live by.

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I contributed a great portion of my life volunteering as a Paramedic and Firefighter. I continue to serve society as a career Paramedic. I'm not trying to blow my horn as some kind of altruistic angel, I did it because it was fun and exciting. Now I do it because it's the only way I know to make a decent living, and it's easy work. And I held the door for someone this morning, as I always do, even when some certain females chastise me for being sexist.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Administrator
    I moved this thread to the proper place.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Last night about 9:30 on my way home after shutting off my horses water tank I had running a couple hours I came upon an old man by himself on a dirt road near my place, he had a flat tire and was trying to change with out much luck. I stoped and put his spare on for him and went on my way. he was very appreciative and I hope when I'm older and struggle with these tasks someone will stop to help me.

Sponsored Links