A Doctor from China wants to send me Millions!! (Phishing Scam Mail)

This is a discussion on A Doctor from China wants to send me Millions!! (Phishing Scam Mail) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ohhh goodie goodie!! I can buy lots of guns when I get my money!! DISASTER OF 2004 TSUNAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. FUNG Victor Kwok King <fkwokking@yahoo.com.hk> Thu, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Doctor from China wants to send me Millions!! (Phishing Scam Mail)

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

Ohhh goodie goodie!! I can buy lots of guns when I get my money!!

DISASTER OF 2004 TSUNAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. FUNG Victor Kwok King
    <fkwokking@yahoo.com.hk> Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    Reply-To: kwokkingvictorfung@yahoo.com.hk
    Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Director Bank of China

International Remittance Department

Hong Kong.{ Asia }

Email:- dr.fungvictorkwokking@yahoo.com.hk

It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me,
    Please forgive this unusual manner to contact you, but this particular letter/email is of
    exceptional and very private nature, as by virtue of my vantage position in Bank of China
    Hong Kong i have a lucrative business proposal of mutual interest to share with you.
    There is no way for me to know whether I will be properly understood, but it is my duty to write
    and reach out to you, TRUSTING that you will give this proposal a positive consideration.

I am Dr. FUNG Victor Kwok King I am 64 years old and happily married with grown-up children,
    and i am an Independent Non-executive Director and a member of the Audit Committee and Nomination
    and Remuneration Committee of the Company and Director of Bank of China Hong Kong in charge of the
    International Remittance department. I will need you to assist me in executing a business project from
    our bank worth US$30.5 Million. These funds were deposited with our bank by a customer of our bank
    who is a national {citizen} of your country, who unfortunately died in the December 2004 Asia
    Tsunami disaster.

For more on this natural disaster click on these links:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4537601.stm

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/as...ton/index.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Asia-Tsun...996558253.html

http://www.globalsecurity.org/eye/andaman-us.htm

The deceased account has been declared dormant since 2006 and these funds will be confiscated/declared unserviceable and turned over to the Hong Kong government if the deceased business associates or next-of-kin did not claim this money; since all efforts to trace any living relative of the deceased proved abortive, i have decided that i will have you claim this money as the deceased business associate/or next-of-kin, since you are from the same country and perhaps have some similarities in certain areas. Everything concerning this transaction shall be LEGALLY done without hitch, as i was the deceased account Officer and all the relevant documents of this deposit were kept under my care.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue, as i hope that you are
    a sincere, honest and matured person and above all TRUSTWORTHY. Once the funds have been
    successfully transferred into your account, we shall share it in a ratio of 30% for you, 65% for me and
    my associates in the bank and the reminder 5% to take care of contingencies.

I will prefer you reach me on my private email address below :{

dr.fungvictorkwokking@yahoo.com.hk) and finally after that I shall furnish you with more information about
    this operation. I am counting on your anticipated co-operation for a successful and hitch free business
    transaction between us, which will be mutually beneficial, for a start oblige me these information:-

1. Your Full name{s}:-

2.Current contact address:-

3. Your present Occupation: -

4.Your age:-

5. Contact phone numbers {Office and Mobile {cell}:-

Please if you are not interested delete this email and do not hurt me because I am putting my career
    and the life of my family at stake with this venture. Although nothing ventured is nothing gained,
    as it is said, the taste of the pudding is in the eating, do give this proposal SERIOUS AND POSITIVE
    CONSIDERATION.

Your earliest response to this letter will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Director Bank of China

International Remittance Department

Hong Kong.{ Asia }

Email:- dr.fungvictorkwokking@yahoo.com.hk

PS:-PLEASE SEND YOUR REPLY STRICTLY TO THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS:-
    dr.fungvictorkwokking@yahoo.com.hk
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Is there some where to report these emails and maybe actually do some good towards catching these criminals?
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    So how long before you get your millions?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Just forward it to that guy in Nigerian!

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Lucky dog!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I use to see a very similar one posted from England and this one wanted your bank account number in which to 'transfer' the funds.

I would email them back and tell them that I've opened a brand new account for the money and to email me back for the specifics.

Needless to say, I never heard from them again.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

... I am putting my career and the life of my family at stake with this venture.

i have decided that i will have you claim this money as the deceased business associate/or next-of-kin, since you are from the same country and perhaps have some similarities in certain areas.
    He's putting his family members' lives at stake by contacting a complete unknown on the other side of the world. He'll lose his job if found out, as well. Dang, that's some situation, right there.

Talk about a "Hail Mary" toss. Just imagine ... your life and career are on the line, with an opportunity so wonderfully and fantastically huge that the only possible solution is to send a random e-mail into the void to an unknown person in another country in the hopes that person will be able to achieve (and be such a dolt as to attempt) what is being asked.

Once the funds have been successfully transferred into your account ...
    Tell you what. I'll take a cashier's check drawn on Hong Kong's largest bank. I'll let it sit in a new account that I open expressly for this transaction, at a bank that doesn't know me from Adam. Send me the check, I'll deposit it, then wait out the year. After everything's kosher at the end of that year, after all the funds are still in that account I've opened especially for this purpose, I'll withdraw the 70% for you and your cohorts. Since you'll trust me to be so honorable and discreet, I give you my word I'll forward you 70% of US$30M at that time. How dat?

Get back to me ... soonest.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    If I totalled all the email scams I've received, I'm sure they'd add up to BILLIONS! I especially like the ones that say, "here's $10,000,000.00 for trying to help me, but not doing anything".
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The FBI has a website for scams and e-mails IIRC.

There is a web site where the potential victim messes with the Nigerian scammer. It's hysterical. Since these guys know nothing about our culture, you can say almost anything and they believe it. He had the scammer wait for him at the airport, agree to meet his sister, send all kinds of pictures.

Good for a laugh. (Not good if you are overly sensitive to language.)

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    The last few emails I got about very similiar proposal's came from South Africa.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Is there some where to report these emails and maybe actually do some good towards catching these criminals?
    I've tried.....reporting them and forwarding on to the FBI. Lately I've been getting the same scams through someone at the 'FBI'

I thought I was the only that he sent that email to. Who would have thunk it?!!!

VIP Member
    Looks like one of my email addresses just got on the list.

This morning my in box was empty. I checked ten minutes ago and had 18 phishing scam emails ranging from the FBI to Africa and Asia, and even one offering me a job even if I had a criminal record, as long as I was sorry for what I'd done.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I like the new ones where they hack your account (mostly hotmail) and send a message to all your contacts pretending to be you and then asking for money.
    What's this button do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links