The story of my Marriage, truth.

This is a discussion on The story of my Marriage, truth. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've never shared this here before, just feel like doing it. I moved to the town I live in now in March of 95'. I ...

Thread: The story of my Marriage, truth.

The story of my Marriage, truth.

I've never shared this here before, just feel like doing it.

I moved to the town I live in now in March of 95'. I was 23 years old at the time. I had maybe $200, some clothes and a beat up truck. I moved in with my Grandmother.

Now at this time I was a recovering alcoholic and drug addict and pretty much a total piece of crap. She was well aware of this fact, yet she took me in out of love. Two weeks before I moved in with her, my Great Uncle, her brother, offered me a job with a local LP gas company where he was manager. He also knew of my troubles, yet he too gave me a chance.

A while earlier I had received Christ as my Savior, and I believe that through prayer they knew that I needed to be here. While this part of the story ends here, let me say I did not let them down.

For several months prior to moving here, I had prayed regularly this prayer asking God to introduce me to the girl He had chosen for me when He knew that I was ready. In May of 95' I went to my Cousins church instead of my Grandma's church. I did this out of the blue for no reason at all. I had been to this church before moving here and I remembered that they had funny service times. Instead of the normal 11:00-12:00 they did 11:30-12:30. So I arrived right about 11:28 and went on in the first door and as I did I heard them singing. I remember thinking to myself that they had started earlier but decided to go on in the final door anyway. As I found a place to stand among them I noticed everyone was looking at me kinda funny. Then the song was finished and the preacher asked a member to have the closing prayer. Yep, I walked in on the last 2 minutes of service. Their hours were not 11:30-12:30, they were 10:30-11:30. (Now keep in mind that I went here out of the blue, almost didn't go in when I thought they started early, and never would have went in had I remembered the hours correctly at any time before going in). I left that day with a picture of a girl and a phone number. I called her that evening and we went on a blind date the next weekend, May 17'th 1995. We married May 17th 1997 and she is the best thing there has ever been in my life. God answered my prayers that day and gave me my own personal angel.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    jca1...wow, what a testimony!!!

God was good and answered your prayers because of your faithfulness. You didn't go to the other church out of happenstance...our God had a plan for you and it sounds like it turned out to be a good one.
    Proud NRA member

A very nice story. Thank you for sharing with us, and God bless. John

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post

God was good and answered your prayers because of your faithfulness. You didn't go to the other church out of happenstance...our God had a plan for you .
    Our God is always good and always has a plan...in His own time. Congratulations on that plan being revealed!
    KAHR CW45, RIA 1911 Officer, S&W Sigma 9MM, Savage 1907 .32cal(BUG)

Good story, and thanks for sharing it. Some tough things to go thru, and having some people willing to help you out thru them is "priceless". Remember to let them know, and often.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

When you see the girl and get her phone number that isn't a blind date,congratulations I got clean 7/11/91,when I die I'm going to heaven cause I been to hell already
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    When you see the girl and get her phone number that isn't a blind date,congratulations I got clean 7/11/91,when I die I'm going to heaven cause I been to hell already
    Well, it was blind for her. lol
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

VIP Member
    Thanks for sharing, JCA1. 'Quite the experience, being in the center of a miracle, huh?

To think, they say that there are no more miracles in the world.

JCA1, you just proved that theory dead wrong. Thanks for sharing a wonderful story!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

mkh
    Great testimony JCA1.

God blessed me with my wife 26 years ago when I was 27 and beginning to think I would never find someone. He is definitely better to us than we deserve on our own actions.

Administrator
    Forum Rules Page. Rule# 9

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.

For this reason, we do not allow the discussion of these topics. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

Links