My wife started screaming this morning...

This is a discussion on My wife started screaming this morning... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It was about 0530 and my wife was downstairs getting ready for the day (she leaves earlier then I do). She was in the kitchen ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife started screaming this morning...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

My wife started screaming this morning...

It was about 0530 and my wife was downstairs getting ready for the day (she leaves earlier then I do). She was in the kitchen and I was still in bed. Well next thing I hear is her screaming, so I immediately jumped out of bed, half awake with my Glock in hand. I ran down the stairs to see her running out of the kitchen freaking out.

Obviously I'm thinking it's go time and someone was in the house. Well that wasn't the case... The cats had caught a mouse that got in somehow and were batting it around the dining room and my wife freaked. Eventually they killed it and I had to get a paper towel to dispose of it... Why wives freak out about mice, frogs and other little critters is beyond me...

Nothing gets your blood pumping like a screaming wife downstairs at 0530... I'm glad the cats had the situation under control.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    A mouse wouldn't scare me but if that had been a spider I would have done the same thing.

VIP Member
    I woulda probably shot the mouse and the cat. ... (I hate screaming)

....and you didn't spray it with several large caliber projectiles? What's the deal? LOL!!

I have seen a few critters in my house recently. They are pests no dobut, and there is no sure fire way to keep them out.

Just don't leave any open food out, they are opportunists and will look for a quick meal. If you put out dry food for your cats, that will always attract mice. Their hunger and lure of some food will override their fear of felines any day.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I woulda probably shot the mouse and the cat. ... (I hate screaming)
    I woulda shot the cat, too. ...(I hate cats)
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

VIP Member
    I don't mean to offend the ladies here, but I simply do not understand the "shrieking" "freaking" thing about mice, spiders, roaches, or much of anything else. A big panic attack does nothing to solve the problem. In my household it is the occasional roach that sets it off. Why Mrs H can't just grab a shoe and smack it, or grab the can of "ant and roach spray" and spritz it, instead of yelling and screaming and running around, is beyond me.

I know there is a gender difference in how folks react and there are social "expectations" of how a woman does react to these things, but I wish they'd give us guys a break, and save the hysterical vocalization for something really important like how we didn't set the dinner table right. :-

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Oh man, glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. Somehow...cats hate me too...it's an odd hate/hate relationship. Can't even count the times I've been clawed/almost bitten by my MIL's or cousin's cats...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I scream like a girl over snakes, but the wife will scream over spiders. I hate snakes...Any kind, it doesn't matter, I can't even stand to see them on TV. Did I say that I hate snakes???

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ... I simply do not understand the "shrieking" "freaking" thing about mice, spiders, roaches, or much of anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    ... I hear is her screaming, so I immediately jumped out of bed, half awake with my Glock in hand. I ran down the stairs...
    I think the logic behind it is pretty clear.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Unless it is a snake, those critters do not scare me. All they do is make me take action. I have seen rats, spiders, roaches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveInWV View Post
    I scream like a girl over snakes, but the wife will scream over spiders. I hate snakes...Any kind, it doesn't matter, I can't even stand to see them on TV. Did I say that I hate snakes???
    Yeah...not a fan of spiders and snakes. I'll take on BGs in Iraq and Afghanistan and the threat of IEDs before dealing with snakes or spiders....I hate snakes and spiders....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Well I don't go off screaming when I see a spider but I get away from it fast... Lol. Lizards, snacks and mice things like that I am not afraid of. But spiders I am very scared of.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Cats just doin their job. Doesn't take much for my wife to scream either. Lizards around our house lately...
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    That's so mean. I love cats....

If they are cooked right.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Growing up on a farm and living in the country now I have never had a problem with critters. Right now we have two broad head skinks and three or four five lined skinks living under our front porch and anoles can be found anywhere in the yard, over the years I have caught two twelve inch rat snakes and one 2 foot garter snake in my bathroom they were caught and put out in the pasture. Poisonous snakes are a different matter, after having bitten once they are introduced to the hoe or the 410 derringer I carry while doing yard work.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links