Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper.

Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper.

This is a discussion on Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This time I was in a hurry to get home. I had driven over 250 miles so far going from job to job, was on ...

Thread: Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper.

Post Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper.

This time I was in a hurry to get home. I had driven over 250 miles so far going from job to job, was on an empty stomach and I wanted to get home.

Always lovely to see the pretty blue lights racing up behind you when you are in the middle of no where but they get your attention quickly when you know you are speeding.

It was a younger State Trooper this time. So car goes off, window down, interior light on and hands on wheel with fingers spread and thumbs interlocked.

He walked right up and said license and registration. I know I don't have to inform but I do and told him before I reached for anything. I told him I was armed, I have my permit and it is on my right hip. He said ok and that was the last mention of the gun.

So I give him my DL/papers and told him I knew I was exceeding the posted limit and it had been a long day and I wanted to get home. I told him I know that is not an excuse for my speed but it was the truth.

He went back to his cruiser and in about three, maybe four minutes returned. Told me to slow down a tad and have a nice night. I told him thank you and went on my way.

Now I don't know if Maine State Troopers don't like to write tickets. I don't know if my CFP helps or me just being honest but getting out of doing 17 over the posted limit twice with nothing but a verbal both times makes me wonder if the CFP does not make a difference.

I honestly thought I was getting a ticket this time. I deserved it and would not have contested it. I know I will still break the posted limit but I do know that I am going to slow down on Route 9 in Maine. I have no plans on finding out of the 3rd time will be when I get hit with almost a two hundred dollar fine.

Honesty can work wonders...I'd wager if you did everything the same but wasn't carrying...the outcome would have been the same...

People who work with me get the same treatment...people who make my job harder than it needs to be get the same back...

JMHO...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Honesty always got me a ticket. I just don't speed anymore.

Fast driver ~~ SLOW LEARNER comes to mind.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    Fast driver ~~ SLOW LEARNER comes to mind.
    Funny you stated that. I was not in a hurry all day long. I drove a lot of miles today behind people that could not do the posted limit. I could have passed them but never did. I do not always drive fast but when you are in the middle of no where, hungry and a tad worn out you sometimes want to get home so yes, I was driving well above the posted limit and was well aware that I was doing so. I don't know of anyone that never breaks the posted speed limit.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    You have a serious case of lead poisoning, all in your foot.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Funny you stated that. I was not in a hurry all day long. I drove a lot of miles today behind people that could not do the posted limit. I could have passed them but never did. I do not always drive fast but when you are in the middle of no where, hungry and a tad worn out you sometimes want to get home so yes, I was driving well above the posted limit and was well aware that I was doing so. I don't know of anyone that never breaks the posted speed limit.
    Understood here. I had the same dilemma this past week. Worked a maintenance overnight and had a ~60 mile drive home after being up for 22 hours... Bugger caught me at 530 on my way home doing 71 in a 55 on a long, empty, straight stretch. Turns out he's caught me before...

At least he was nice this time since I was only about a mile from home and he cut me loose too... Sometimes they're like fishermen and catch and release is more fun
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

My CC instructor was convinced that having a CWP and conducting yourself properly will get you out of some tickets and had gotten him out of several.

BTW, I know that federal judges never get tickets. They also get to pack almost anywhere. Time for that second career...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Stopped once again doing 72 in a 55 zone by another Maine State Trooper.Am

Am a member of a Sheriff's Merit Board and the chief deputy mentioned one time at a meeting that in his 20 years in police work, 'few have talked him out' of a ticket but 'many have talked him into' a ticket being mouthy.

Hadn't had a ticket in a looooong time...got one about 6 weeks ago.
    I was traveling 49 (on cruise) with the cop behind me. I thought I was fine, but is was a 40, not a 45 speed limit...the state trooper was polite and couldn't have cared less about my firearm (didn't need to inform, but I did).
    I did take a course to avoid some points, but I've learned to use my cruise a lot more.
    Life goes on...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Reminds me of the old saying......"Third Time's a Charm".........I would not test it.

If he got you for 72, that means you were really doing 75 or more in a 55. Relax, slow down a bit.

Links