LEO Encounter/car burglery

This is a discussion on LEO Encounter/car burglery within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was over at a friends house last night around 2am. Our other friend was out on the porch smoking and she yelled that someone ...

Thread: LEO Encounter/car burglery

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

I was over at a friends house last night around 2am. Our other friend was out on the porch smoking and she yelled that someone was breaking into cars. So I ran onto the porch where she was and sure enough a guy was running away with a bag over his shoulder. So I called dispatch and relayed the info to them and informed them I was licensed to carry and was doing so. The officer pulled up in seconds and me and my friend (read soon to be girlfriend) went outside to talk to her. As I was walking up I was pulling my LTC out of my wallet to show her and she looked at me and went, you don't need to show me that, dispatch told me your licensed. I said ok and we gave the officer the description of the guy and the direction he went. A second officer pulled up and looked at his partner to decide if I was friendly and she gave him a thumbs up. Then she asked me if I was a deputy and I said no what makes you think that? And she answered that I stand like a cop. lol. Anyway, I think it was a good experience and they never did catch the guy, but at least there are officers friendly to open carry in Indianapolis
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Administrator
    Whew. Good thing you were standing like a cop. On two feet is really the best method for CCW.

BTW, the thumbs up had nothing to do with you. She was letting her partner know she was fine and it was nothing more than a paper run.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Good thing you called and requested backup from dispatch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Some places its thumbs up, other places its four fingers up.

Dukalmighty, I don't get your sarcasm there. It sounds to me like he called to report a crime in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Whew. Good thing you were standing like a cop. On two feet is really the best method for CCW.

So I should quit pulling one leg up to my knee, flamingo style, when I'm resting? Man, that's going to be a hard habit to break.

Sounds like an uneventful interaction, like it should be.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

H/Q To 2112 Kick it back Good Deal..
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    when she said i stand like a cop i shoulda come back with something like, well i personally think everyone should stand on two feet
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Sponsored Links