Venting, why I won't post/lurk here any longer.

This is a discussion on Venting, why I won't post/lurk here any longer. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Come on mods, you closed a thread about how a guy met his wife in church because it was getting too religious. Give me a ...

Thread: Venting, why I won't post/lurk here any longer.

Venting, why I won't post/lurk here any longer.

Come on mods, you closed a thread about how a guy met his wife in church because it was getting too religious. Give me a break. I'm out.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Bye Bye
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I think Bumper made it pretty clear in the forum rules BEFORE (and since) you signed-up.....the reason this board is successful in keeping the signal-to-noise ratio down is because topics like this can create dissent and divide the board....the focus being firearms and personal defense. If you feel so strongly, you might find where these two topics (religion and gun) are discussed in a rational manner....and let us know...or start your own board.

I think this board has more to offer...give it a chance.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Bumper started a new board called Conservative Stronghold for those who want to talk politics and religion.
    http://www.conservativestronghold.com/vbulletin/
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Senior Moderator
    All that needs to be said has been said.

Closed it.
    Rogued it.
    Called the whaaaaaaaaaaaambulance...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Actually we have allowed threads to stay posted where religious beliefs are directly tied to and directly related to firearms, self defense, & the 2nd Amendment.

The thread that the OP was referring to was not closed because the member stated that he met his Wife in church.

The follow-up comments were all quoting scripture and offering up Biblical quotes that were in no way related to firearms, self-defense, home-defense or the 2nd Amendment.

That is a forum rule violation and that is why the thread was closed and if 98LSWON would have PMed me and asked me why the thread was gone - I would have politely told him exactly why we we don't allow scriptural quotes etc. in forum posts.

Members (of course) may offer up prayers and give blessings in Bob & Terry's Place when prayers and blessings are needed and requested.

Also Please Note:

When you open up a thread and you PUBLICLY post that you will not post or lurk here anymore and that you are "out of here."

We hold you to your word on that and we make certain that you cannot ever come back to post or lurk here anymore.

That is why 98LSWON is now permanently an EX-MEMBER.

So don't say it unless you mean it because...if you are "outta here" we don't want you vindictively coming back in the wee hours and posting all sorts of rule violation crap that we will need to spend valuable moderator time to locate and delete.

Links