Need advice pls

Need advice pls

This is a discussion on Need advice pls within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I parked my car last night to the curb close to my house. this morning when my wife used the car she said that the ...

Thread: Need advice pls

Need advice pls

I parked my car last night to the curb close to my house. this morning when my wife used the car she said that the passenger side mirror is not working and it's all black. When I came out so see the car I saw a side mirror on the ground, tried to reattach it to my car, but my own side mirror is still there but just hanging. I saw some long scratches on the side also.This morning I looked outside and saw the car that hit my car, It was a few houses from mine. I don't know them. But they left the accident without leaving any message. I tried calling some law enforcement department ( non-emergency) and nobody is responding ( Sunday)
    I am attaching some photos and obviously the bumper has some damage and the passenger side mirror is off.
    Attached Images

JD
    Administrator
    Keep calling and get the make model etc. and license # of the other vehicle that you suspect along with the address of the house.

Make sure you have pics of EVERYTHING...not just the other guys car. Take pics all around of yours before moving/molesting it. And keep calling.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Make sure you have pics of EVERYTHING...not just the other guys car. Take pics all around of yours before moving/molesting it. And keep calling.
    +1 on the pics and be sure to include close-ups of the damage to both vehicles then turn it over to your insurance company, also keep trying to get a police report.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Unless you saw the accident, you're assuming that this was the vehicle in question. Take lots of pics, but I sense that you won't get too far.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Unless you saw the accident, you're assuming that this was the vehicle in question. Take lots of pics, but I sense that you won't get too far.OMO
    I was thinking about that, but when I saw the passenger side mirror that was on the ground , Toyota was the brand, I dont know if that is sufficient for evidence.

When you called the local PD did you tell them that you had a possible suspect? My old deparment if you called in a property damage hit and run we had two ways of handling it. No suspect we would create a "file only" incident in CAD and give you the event number so you could show your insurance company that you called to report it. If you had a suspect or a witness we would dispatch an officer. If they wont send someone out take lots of pictures. Both your car and the su spect vehicle. From close enough to see scratches and paint transfer to far enough away to see the entire vehicle and where it is parked. Also, get tag and if you can VIN information on the suspect vehicle. At this point we don't know if the tags belong on that car or not. When you go to get pictures of the suspect vehicle have someone watch your back and have a phone handy as the owner of that vehicle might come out to confront you.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    I know what I'd probably do but, you're much better off following the advice given above.

Update: called Florida Highway Patrol and reported the incident. They sent somebody quick ,informed him I was carrying and have a permit. he asked me where it was , and I said right hip. He was fine with it, did not check my permit. he did his investigation and charged the driver reckless driving and damage to property. She had a lot of excuses-- too dark ( when there is a street light in front of my house) she knew she hit my car and checked it for damages and thought there was none, so she proceeded home. I hope I am not opening a can of worms here with my neighbor, we mind our own business, we are a quiet family. My wife wants to drop the charge, but she LEFT THE SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I know what I'd probably do but, you're much better off following the advice given above.
    ^^^^^^^^Exactly^^^^^^^^
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

It maybe out of your hands now because she left the scene of the accident.

I don't know how you could do that much damage and not notice, even if it is dark. I think you did the right thing by reporting it, don't feel bad, if you had done it they would've reported it too and you would've gotten charged.
    Don't want to steal your thread but I saw a similar situation happen. I was walking into a movie theater and a van pulled into the parking lot. They started to pull into a space and hit the car next to them.....and then kept going, scraping up the entire side of the other car. Then the lady turned the car off got out and walked away without a second thought. That is until I confronted her about what I had just seen, luckily the owner of the other car was just coming out (I know what are the odds) so I told the owner of the hit car what had happened and left. I guess I should've stayed until the police came to give a statement but I was like 11 years old and didn't know how this kind of stuff worked yet.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by filinoy-pi View Post
    Update: called Florida Highway Patrol and reported the incident. They sent somebody quick ,informed him I was carrying and have a permit. he asked me where it was , and I said right hip. He was fine with it, did not check my permit. he did his investigation and charged the driver reckless driving and damage to property. She had a lot of excuses-- too dark ( when there is a street light in front of my house) she knew she hit my car and checked it for damages and thought there was none, so she proceeded home. I hope I am not opening a can of worms here with my neighbor, we mind our own business, we are a quiet family. My wife wants to drop the charge, but she LEFT THE SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT.
    You did the right thing. The cops would not have bothered if it was of no importance. Your insurance company will need this information. Why should you pay the deductible for the damages.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Sponsored Links