R.I.P. Peter Lentz

This is a discussion on R.I.P. Peter Lentz within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://video.foxnews.com/v/4324448/t...ylist_id=87485 Listen to the lawyer at the end. WHAT GOOD IS BEING A KID IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE SOME LAWYER WILL SUE YOUR ...

Thread: R.I.P. Peter Lentz

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

R.I.P. Peter Lentz

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4324448/t...ylist_id=87485

Listen to the lawyer at the end. WHAT GOOD IS BEING A KID IF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE SOME LAWYER WILL SUE YOUR PARENTS!!!!

2. Remove Ads

How many of the pro-riders today were not riding at that level when they were 13.......come on!
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

kpw
    My son raced go-karts for a few years. It scared me but he loved it. I'm so happy he took up skateboarding! Scared or not, I used to love watching him race but I cannot watch him on his board. Kids get hurt doing a lot of things but that is part of life. Should I not take them shooting, hunting, hiking, skiing, horseback riding or any other adventure that makes the heart beat a bit faster? What happened to that young man is a tragety but no more so than a child getting hit by a car riding their bike. My condolences to his family.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Wow. I have three boys and it would prolly scare me if they raced bikes. It would destroy me if one of them died racing, but you know what? Life never has a happy ending. I couldn't even watch that "lawyer". I got nauseated and shut it off.
    To regulate the out of life is no life at all. Life is meant to be taken by the horns and lived ferociously! Life is about learning your limits and then pushing them. I would be scared, but hell, I did way worse when I was a kid and I am still here. Life is lived by victory after victory, not sulking on the sidelines wondering what happened!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I'm betting more kids die playing football from heat and heart related issues in a given year than die racing motorcycles. And "impulsive" is not something I would think of when describing what is basically a professional racer.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Life is a journey,not knowing what it holds in store for us is what makes it worth living.He probably lived more in 13 years than the douche bag lawyer in her whole life
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    How many of the pro-riders today were not riding at that level when they were 13.......come on!
    Precisely. I very strongly dislike that lawyer lady. The kid was doing what he LOVED, and probably lived more of a full and exciting life than most. Good for him going out doing what he loved, he knew what he was doing, that lady doesn't know anything.

I hope I go out doing something I love.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

I don't know... I think you have to judge it based upon the individual kid. I wouldn't want my kid doing it, but .... they do things that others may see as a higher risk. Seems they are in danger of getting kidnapped, raped and killed too. I did things that as a kid, I'm amazed I lived thru. Some didn't, and they were not doing something at that level. Difficult issue.

Then there are stupid ones, do we trust an 18 yr old to own a handgun ? NO ! However, we'll train him as a Marine and put him in the middle of a war, and although we don't trust him to buy alcohol either... he can vote for President of the United States. I think we're mixed up in many things... and not consistent. A 14 yr old here, can be treated as an adult in court for murder ... so , are they old enough to race ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Then there are stupid ones, do we trust an 18 yr old to own a handgun ? NO !
    FYI, and mini hijack. Some states do allow it. An 18 yr old can own a handgun in NC. They have to get a purchase permit and buy if from an individual. Federal law does not allow an FFL to sell to anyone under 21. That does not apply to individual sellers. As always, check your state laws too.

But I agree, there are some odd age restrictions flying around.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links