Verizon Wireless?

Verizon Wireless?

This is a discussion on Verizon Wireless? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, I was a happy customer of T-mobile for about 7 years, when my wife moved to this area after we were engaged, I added ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Wireless?

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Angry Verizon Wireless?

Well, I was a happy customer of T-mobile for about 7 years, when my wife moved to this area after we were engaged, I added her to my T-mobile plan, and she gave up her Verizon phone. Since then, she kept ranting and bugging me about switching to Verizon, and how she prefers it. I discovered that through my employer, I get a 20% monthly discount, and their rate plans are a little less expensive, so I jumped the wagon. We got two shiny new Droid-Xs, and setup with an unlimited text/web plan, and I can't remeber how many minutes,..But we're saving about 40$ a month, that adds up. (Esp since my wife is a full-time student, and we have a 5 month old daughter.).

I've realized their 3g internet has better coverage, and when I make calls its about the same type of coverage. I never had problems with Tmobiles voice coverage,...I've been having all kinds of issues with texting. Delayed text messages, and alot of texts completely disapear that I try to send. Never had that problem with Tmobile.

This was all LESS than one month ago. My wifes Droid-X is acting up badly, she went to the Verizon store today, the guy played with her phone, said it as OKAY and the only thing they could do is have her to pay full price out of pocket for a replacement phone.

Is this how they treat their customers?

When I had issues with a YEAR OLD HTC G-1 through Tmobile, they sent me out a fresh BlackBerry Bold 9700 at no charge to replace it with. I'm angry and regretting the switch!

Any input? Any advise on how to get my wifes phone replaced without paying a ton of money out of pocket ?
    Last edited by Ghettokracker71; August 30th, 2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: .

I agree, their customer service is horrible. I think when our contract is up we're going to switch to I Phones.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

A phone that's acting up and is <one month old should be replaced wihtoout a problem. Were you at a Verizon corporate store or one of their "Authorized Dealers"?
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

It was a corperate store, I learned back when I had T-mobile to avoid the authorized retailers. I might just have to go up there myself and get with the manager.

I looked into AT&T for an Iphone(I have a Macbook, and iPods,and like Apple products.), I get the same 20% discount through them; I've never heard anything good things about their service. From what I've been told, wich could just be hear-say, they are going to start charging "per data" used on smartphones. Based on word-of-mouth, and the fact even with my discount, verizon is less $$, and my wife had prior experience with them, we chose Verizon.

I think one of the main reasons I'm so ticked is the fact that the vast majority of people I work with, and personal friends all have Verizon, and when asked nobody had a bad thing to say about them!?

I work in customer service. I work for one of the largest companies in the world. (I'm a automotive service writer. )Thats one of the reasons it makes me mad too, because if I have a disgruntled customer, I'll do WHATEVER it takes to resolve the situation. Thats how Tmobile treated me, but I'm locked into a contract. Ugh.
    Last edited by Ghettokracker71; August 30th, 2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Typo-rama

Verizon should've stood behind the warranty if the phone was less than 60 days. Unfortunately, the 'full-cost' charge IS common after the 60 days in my expierience.
    If it's any consolation, I saw an article on MSN.com a few weeks ago giving the top 10 companies that might not be around in 2011, and T-Mobile was 1 of them. Foreign owned and a distant 4th in the US, the article stated that they might pull the plug state-side. (Sorry, I don't have a link.)
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

This may seem a little unreasonable, but may I suggest that you go to another corporate Verizon store? I have found that the one 30 seconds from my office is horrible, while the store 15 mins away has much better customer service.

Also, I have a Droid X and have found a lot of help through youtube videos and the android forums.

Still a few more options would be to wait for the new software update that is about to be released and see of that fixes the problem, or basically delete any apps that have been installed since the problem began.

I hope that your problem is resolved soon!

Quote Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
    Verizon should've stood behind the warranty if the phone was less than 60 days. Unfortunately, the 'full-cost' charge IS common after the 60 days in my expierience.
    If it's any consolation, I saw an article on MSN.com a few weeks ago giving the top 10 companies that might not be around in 2011, and T-Mobile was 1 of them. Foreign owned and a distant 4th in the US, the article stated that they might pull the plug state-side. (Sorry, I don't have a link.)
    I read the same story and can back up the story about T-Mobile...

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Verizon because I have had nothing but good luck after dumping AT&T...

I am an Apple guy...and I really wanted an iPhone...but will not because I would have to take AT&T...so I have a Droid...

My advise...go back to the corporate store and ask to see the manager...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    Do this, and work your way up. There's always someone higher who can make a more favorable decision. You have to be able to be polite but firm...everyone has a supervisor that they do NOT want you to talk to...it works!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the replies ! Apparently she contacted them again and their sending her a new SD card, because her phone is having issues reading the other one? I'm not 100% on all the issues shes been having. I still don't understand? I've had too many replacement phones to count through T-mobile and never run into any issues doing it.

We actually bought our phones through a customer of mine at work, whose store is about 5 minutes from where I work. Unfortunately I work 30 minutes (Door to door.) from home, so my wife had gone into the local store by our house to see about replacement. I may have to go see our contact by my work.

If things do not work out I would post a 30 second post on You Tube and I would be willing lto bet somebody from corporate would be contacting you.

I have a droid, and my wife has a droid. Both are rooted, running custom ROMs and overclocked. Mine is overclocked to 1.5GHz and my wife is 1.2GHz, we have no problems. My buddy had a droid-x and was having some issues until he rooted it, and overcloked it.. it runs awesome now....

Iphones IMO are nowhere near the android system, and recent studies are showing that by 2013, the android system will have passed the iphone system........I have owned both, and I will stick with android phones...

Funny thing about AT&T is that it is practically the only company that provides service out in central Luisiana. Although its only 2G coverage. I hear alot of people that have the issues with AT&T are those that live in cities with the huge populations like New York City and San Francisico. I haven't heard about them charging per data used. However, they have capped the total amount of data you can download to 5GB a month.

My experience with Verizon has been pretty good. There is a store in our neighborhood that treats us pretty well (about as good as you can expect to be treated at a place like that). They have replaced phones for us that according to headquarters, they probably shouldn't have. However, I've found that those 'fancy' phones are usually pieces of junk in the first place; and, if they don't break on their own quickly, I'll usually break them just by being as active as I am and always having a phone on me (getting stuck outside in the rain, dropping it from a treestand, etc.).

So, I go on ebay and get the cheapo phones and oddly enough, those last me 3 years. No, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it hardly cost me anything, works great, and is no big deal if it breaks. I'm not much for having internet and email and all that stuff on my phone anyways....

I read the same story and can back up the story about T-Mobile...

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Verizon because I have had nothing but good luck after dumping AT&T...

I am an Apple guy...and I really wanted an iPhone...but will not because I would have to take AT&T...so I have a Droid...

Interesting. I'm always hearing of everyone's ATT problems, but I always had problems with VZ and switched to ATT because of it. I'm running the Galaxy S on ATT now and love it. Haven't had any problems yet and have had no less than 3 bars from the entire stretch of the route7 corridor from Vienna to Winchester. Heck, I stream HD movie trailers to it with no hangs or interruptions. Far from my experiences over the years with VZ.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I talked to our local corporate VZ store and the rep told me that VZ will "likely" offer the IPhone sometime in 1Q2011. Since we have to wait until then to sell our souls to Verizon for another two years, er, I mean upgrade; we're waiting to see what happens. I'm on the fence right now; the Iphone came out of the gate fast, but there's a ton of favorable buzz re:the Droid and the Droid X. We'll see how things look in about five months...
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links