Take Costco up on its offer

Take Costco up on its offer

This is a discussion on Take Costco up on its offer within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; https://costco.egain.net/system/self...edArticle=true If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take Costco up on its offer

VIP Member

Thumbs down Take Costco up on its offer

https://costco.egain.net/system/self...edArticle=true

If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Everyone has a policy. My policy is to carry everywhere that is legal, even if it violates Costco’s policy. I put my policy over all others.

Here in the Zona, the most I can be charged with is trespassing if I don’t leave when asked by the store (that is only if I do a poor job of concealing). If I’m asked to leave, I’m heading strait for the door w/o any argument or fiddling with any weapons.

Some may argue that they don’t want to patronize a store that doesn’t support their rights – have it your way. Its America. Another part of my policy is to shop at Costco, because they are substantially less expensive for many items.

My policy may seem to contradict itself, but that is the beauty of it. Your policy will probably differ.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Here in the Tampa Bay area the Cosco has the best meat, chicken and fish. Better than Publix, better than Sam's Club. We go there at least once a month. Concealed is concealed, no problemo.

I see policy, but nothing about signage. I haven't seen any such signs up here.

no signage in my neck of the desert; my wife and I regularly carry there... and everywhere else
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Senior Moderator
    I'd bet that if several thousand of their members told them to stuff it, they might reconsider their postition.

If I was a member, I'd do it in a hearbeat. They wont guarantee my safety, but they refuse to let me do it. Nothing like shopping in a target rich environment.

We know how well that works.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    My Sams Club tried this and I told all my friends at work and at the range, when about 150 people canceled their memberships, they backpedaled very quickly, The loss of money hurts them so bad they even gave us the rest of our membership terms for free, except those within 2 months of expiriation, they extended their membership by 6 months for free
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

They have a policy, but no sign; I have a gun, but don't tell. I can live with that.

Senior Moderator
    Piddle on em.
    I dont like the way they worded it. If you dont like it, take a hike is what they are saying.

They aint the only game in town, and if they were, I'd go to the next town. As far as I'm concerned, the powers that be there ought to be tarred,feathered,tied to a rail and tossed in the river.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I agree re their management. I think they are covering their bets, typical of business. They have a "NO" policy to placate the antis and the lack of signs to placate the pros.

Well, it's like the stupidity going on in our state.

70% of smokers make up the customers @ restaurants. Smoking vs Non-smoking sections with separate air systems, etc were required. Smoking areas full, and non-smoking areas always had few customers. State.... makes it non-smoking in any public place including bars and restaurants with the argument that 'waitresses' were getting exposed to 2nd hand smoke. Restaurants around here are now laying off people..... due to the drop in business that occurred as a result. They won't be exposed now, huh. Some restaurants and bars will be closing their doors now due to a lack of business. No, it's not the economy. .... this came on right after the law was passed.

Protests of not catering to a business ... works.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hayzor View Post
    Everyone has a policy. My policy is to carry everywhere that is legal, even if it violates Costco’s policy. I put my policy over all others.

Here in the Zona, the most I can be charged with is trespassing if I don’t leave when asked by the store (that is only if I do a poor job of concealing). If I’m asked to leave, I’m heading strait for the door w/o any argument or fiddling with any weapons.

Some may argue that they don’t want to patronize a store that doesn’t support their rights – have it your way. Its America. Another part of my policy is to shop at Costco, because they are substantially less expensive for many items.

My policy may seem to contradict itself, but that is the beauty of it. Your policy will probably differ.
    I love this thinking. I have all sorts of policies. It's kind of fun to tell a friend I'm sorry that's just my policy about something they disagree with. Having policies makes decision making easier and less stressful. And since one of my policies is to reduce stress, this works well.

These policies and signs mean nothing in FL...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We don't have a Costco close enough to us to even consider becoming a member, so their policy doesn't mean anything to me except the fact that it is wrong and in ways affects others on this forum that do shop there.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Piddle on em.
    I dont like the way they worded it. If you dont like it, take a hike is what they are saying.

They aint the only game in town, and if they were, I'd go to the next town. As far as I'm concerned, the powers that be there ought to be tarred,feathered,tied to a rail and tossed in the river.
    Pretty much a slap in the face
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links