Cigars

Cigars

This is a discussion on Cigars within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any cigar smokings out there? I was just sitting here enjoying a Kristoff maduro and was wondering if there were any other aficionados out there, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cigars

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Cigars

Any cigar smokings out there? I was just sitting here enjoying a Kristoff maduro and was wondering if there were any other aficionados out there, if you are a cigar smoker, whats your everyday smoke and your favorite smoke/ drink to pair it with? My every day smoke is a new cigar from Perdomo called a Nick Stick, I only smoke maduros and my favorite is a Kristoff maduro. Seeing as how I am not 21, I cannot yet enjoy a scotch and cigar so I do not have a favorite pairing for that yet.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Probably not by your standards. Eriks are my daily smoke. Being a a smoker of fifty-six years I am an inhaler which I also do when having the occasional real cigar with friends, which most of them do not. I don't drink so I have no combo.

Well, one of my very first posts when I joined DC was this one, just looking to see if there were any other cigar smokers here. It turned into a very nasty argument between the pro-smoking members vs the anti-smoking/pro-health members and the moderators closed it, fast. Good luck with your post, hope that those chiming in behave and stick with the rules of the forum.

I am partial to Arturo Fuente (Cuban Corona and Hemingway Signature).
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I smoke cigars on occassion, but I am not an aficionado by any means. I smoked a couple a week when deployed and I got them in the mail. I like some of the CAO varieties a lot. There is also some Dominican brand I like a lot, they come in a yellow box packed in tobacco leaves, but I can't remember the name right now.

State side they get paired with a good bourbon, like woodford reserve, or four roses single barrel.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I'm not as into cigars as I used to be, but I really loved pretty much anything made by AVO for an anytime sort of smoke. 5Vegas were my go to smokes for an everyday cigar. The two finest cigars I ever smoked were 1) Partagas Serie D. No. 4, and 2) Bolivar Bellicoso Fino - both Cuban. I still maintain a humidor, but it's running pretty bare at the moment. I only smoke with my old college room mate now and we just don't get to see each other as much these days.

VIP Member
    I've tried many brands of cigar and usually go back eventually to A Fuente Maduro cigars. As the price has gone up, my dependency has gone way way down. I like my cigars with either Bourbon or Irish Whiskey on the rocks.

Now, mind you, these are rare pleasures for me. I'm too cheap, and neither the cigars nor the whiskey go well with my various ailments and medicines.

I once had a dog that sat patiently next to me on the back patio while I indulged. Great company. And I didn't have to share.

Dunhill Signed Range is the best I've ever smoked. Also prefer the 5Vegas. As far as pairing either with anything - I always stick to Shiner or Budweiser.
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

I love a good CAO cigar, have yet to try an Arturo Fuente, I know a lot of people who smoke them, but now that its gotten to where I have my tastes, I am almost afraid to try something new in the fear that I will spend good money on a cigar I do not like very much
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'll skip the cigar and move directly to the Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Laphroaig would be preferred. The 10 year old stuff will have to do.

I don't smoke much but when I do I like H.Upmans, Romeo and Julieta's.

Good deal on cigars can be found at JR Cigar. http://www.jrcigars.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blastissimo View Post
    I don't smoke much but when I do I like H.Upmans, Romeo and Julieta's.

Good deal on cigars can be found at JR Cigar. http://www.jrcigars.com/
    I used to shop for my cigars at the JR's in Selma, NC when I was stationed at Bragg and when I lived in north Raleigh after retiring from the Army. They have the best deals.
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

i have had trouble with romeo y julietas, i got a box that wouldnt stay lit

Love Hemingways but.. in this economy Arturo Fuente Curly Head Maduro's. Pretty good smoke for $3.00.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    i have had trouble with romeo y julietas, i got a box that wouldnt stay lit
    Most likely the cigars are too moist - too much humidity where you are storing them. If you bought them like that, you should take them back to the store. If not, then try to control the humidity and bring it down to 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    I'll skip the cigar and move directly to the Single Malt Scotch Whisky. Laphroaig would be preferred. The 10 year old stuff will have to do.
    I'm with you, friend! Although I won't refuse a fine cigar, the liquid pleasure is what tops it all.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links