I live with a sheeple ..!?!?!?

This is a discussion on I live with a sheeple ..!?!?!? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live with a sheeple! I've known this for a long time its just that sometimes i am amazed by her statements. (short version...well kinda) ...

Thread: I live with a sheeple ..!?!?!?

I live with a sheeple ..!?!?!?

I live with a sheeple!
    I've known this for a long time its just that sometimes i am amazed by her statements.

(short version...well kinda) A co-worker just had his daughter assaulted in there home while she slept and they were off at work. she was awoke by what she thought was one of her parents coming inot her room. she said "dad, i graduated remember? i don't hafta go to school" she rolled over only to be jumped on by a male with a 'wet' rag held over her mouth and punched in the face repeatedly.
    she woke up 2 1/2 hours later on the floor! called the police, etc.

well, with that i finally vowed to get my house alarm working and monitored.
    my "home sheeple" is a 22 yr old college student that is my wifes best friend. how she lives with us now is a long story and not pertinent but today i got my alarm working and monitoring will begin in 10 days. i am instructing them on how to operate it and 'she' comes out with "i guess i'm just not scared. at my moms i normally leave the exterior door to my room unlocked and the front door unlocked cuz i know my mom is gonna be coming home at 3am and she may not wanna fool with her keys". uummmmm.....i was floored! how foolish is that! but i could and will not get into that debate with her cuz she is not gonna be convinced cuz she's just "not scared".:
    her moms house is in the suburbs/country (if that makes sense, old area/house but recently built up), next to heavy woods but right up on the street (40' deep front yard).
    i just don't understand the lack of security some people live with willingly. locking your doors should be the minimum!
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    ocking your doors should be the minimum!
    Yep, agree wholeheartedly.

I live in a smallish (pop 3000) town and always have the front door locked unless I'm in that room. When it's open, there's a lock on the screen door. I once had a solicitor (or some other door to door person) knock on the door and then try to come in when I didn't answer (didn't recognize who pulled up and was busy). Good thing the door was locked or she would have been proned out on my living room floor. I know she was legit because she had her kid (7 yrs maybe) with her and we had a serious talk after she tried to open my door.

So I look at the door lock as a safety measure for both of us.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Locks are designed to keep honest people honest and I hope, slow the dishonest down long enough to make them wish that they were honest.

I'm amazed at the attitude of some people I run into, they live out in "the country" or some rural area and they seem to be bragging when they say that they never lock their doors.
    Ok, you're bragging that you're stupid??
    Some sheep don't believe even when they see a dead sheep right in front of them. I guess blissful ignorance is a fine condition and I may ask my doctor for enough pills to make that happen someday... meanwhile, I'd much prefer that my locks do slow the dishonest down long enough -- as Old Chief says.

I would ensure that you "houseguest" is aware that her behaviour in your home is subject to your approval and that "house rules" apply to ALL occupants....

good post....does make one think, as I am sure we all have had those door - to -door types visit.....

yeah , she is good about locking "my" doors without question. the alarm angle...well she may think i'm just paranoid and going too far but for 'mine' i will go to some extremes. like forking out 15 bucks a month just for somebody to watch a light on a switchboard should the one attributed to me ever go on.
    then factor in the fact that she just got a 3:30am to 8am job, she's gonna hafta disarm the alarm, then rearm it to get the 20 seconds to leave.
    oh well she has been good about doing what she's gotta do when at our house.

yeah its amazing what some people will "brag" about or admit to.
    i woulda thought that her mom should say "daughter, you should lock these doors".

what happened to my coworkers daughter is what finally pushed me past the "it can't happen to me" and i upped the ante a notch with the house alarm.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

DUMB!

That is all I can say.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    SOLOLUCKY take her shooting , show her the criminal site that P95 posted, if all that dont take then put an add in the local paper that she is free to a good home LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

... 'nuff said

Hey Sololucky, Not changing the subject at all, but which knife is that in your avatar. I've been looking for something just like it for quite some time. Thanks
    Above all else... Prioritize.

It's a simple fact that some people will not be afraid of what can happen to them until it's too late. When my father moved out to farming land he grew rather complacent about locking any doors. He figured that since there was less people, he wouldnt have to worry about locking a door.

After a few encounters with some "unwelcomed" guests he makes sure to lock the doors, even if he is in the house.

After browsing through this message forum for awhile now, I can simply say that people like us choose to be prepared, and many people (the sheep) simply do not.
    Beretta 92FS

Assistant Administrator
    True enough - just will not take responsibility for their own safety - living almost exclusively in cloud-cuckoo-land, which means - ''But hey - nothing will ever happen to me - only other folks''!!!

Crazy - keep coming across these people and seems no amount of logic will get thru. I do agree tho - your house, your rules and time maybe to put the proverbial foot down to ensure she does what you say at your place.

I'll bet too - the likes of her live 24/7 in con' white - I mean - what have they ever got to worry about?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links