Unwanted guest breached my state of the art Security system

This is a discussion on Unwanted guest breached my state of the art Security system within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was on the pooter in my gun room when I saw a gray flash go past the door,Intruder alert,I got to the door and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted guest breached my state of the art Security system

Unwanted guest breached my state of the art Security system

I was on the pooter in my gun room when I saw a gray flash go past the door,Intruder alert,I got to the door and looked down the hall,but I had lost sight of the target,.So I get out the mouse trap and bait it with peanut butter.The next day I checked the trap,trap is still condition 1 peanut butter is gone, must be onea those Ninja mice .I rebait trap by cramming cheese on the trip plate and then cover the cheese with peanut butter,took 2 more days but he finally went for the trap,his days of living rent free are over.I really thought about putting a hunka cheese in the middle of the dining room and kicking back with a bb gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I am in hopes that it was a trap that doesn't allow the mouse to live once it's caught in the trap.

Having stomped more than one mouse to meet it's maker, I take a dim view of keeping them alive. If you release them they become someone else's problem, or find their way back into your abode. Barn cats are a beautiful thing.

Biker

VIP Member
    While at work one day my wife calls in a frenzy.
    There is a mouse in Jordan's, our son, bedroom
    Ok no problem will be home shortly to take care of it where is it now?
    It is in his trashcan
    So it is trapped good, what is it doing is it trying to get out?
    No, it is drinking water and eating a powdered doughnut
    Shocked at this because we dont allow the kids to eat in their bedrooms I asked
    So how did it get the food and water?, and the reply was
    Well it is just a baby mouse and it's so cute I didn't want you to put it outside hungry or thirsty so I gave it something to eat.

I think that same mouse lived in our storeroom outside and brought the kinfolk back with him. My wife still does not understand why.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    While at work one day my wife calls in a frenzy.
    There is a mouse in Jordan's, our son, bedroom
    Ok no problem will be home shortly to take care of it where is it now?
    It is in his trashcan
    So it is trapped good, what is it doing is it trying to get out?
    No, it is drinking water and eating a powdered doughnut
    Shocked at this because we dont allow the kids to eat in their bedrooms I asked
    So how did it get the food and water?, and the reply was
    Well it is just a baby mouse and it's so cute I didn't want you to put it outside hungry or thirsty so I gave it something to eat.

I think that same mouse lived in our storeroom outside and brought the kinfolk back with him. My wife still does not understand why.
    You just made my day, Tacman!

Cats are the best defense....I now have 2 of them and no mice.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ratzapper. It is the proverbial "better mousetrap". It'll also do chipmunks and big gray squirrels, no problem.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    must be onea those Ninja mice
    I'll bet it was a circus mouse !

Seriously, it's true about the unwanted guest and security system. Rodents do love to chew on wires, they could knock out your security system or cause some other electrical havoc. We've got three inside cats, all with excellent manners and great companions, they do their job well, no mice, lizards, bugs or anything escapes their eyes.

Wife story- I know it sounds awful but we once had a rat come in our house. He came in thru the dryer vent and chewed a hole thru it to get inside. The three cats and myself suddenly discovered him in the dining area. All four of us were in a seige to kill him. My wife happened to be in the middle of it all, she participated by jumping up on a chair and screaming. Apparently the screaming hurt the rat's ears, and he went in the den with me and the three cats hotly behind him.

Amidst all this commotion I realized my wife has left the "safety" of the dining room and has re-appeared in the den with her same technique of standing on the furniture and screaming. The rat happened to come flying by me, and when he passed I swung at him with the wire end handle of a flyswatter I'd grabbed. BTW that subsonic wire handle is apparently very lethal.

Afterwards I asked my wife about all the screaming and carrying on, and why did she follow us into the den, she said she was "creeped" out about the rat, but also said it was all just too exciting.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Ha ha ha, great story! I have a rodent related wife story too (actually, several, but this one is the best)

We're finishing up a Cub Scout meeting, and my wife and I are carrying stuff back to "the cage" which is a chain-link cage-like room in the basement of the elementary school where the meetings are held. This is the spot we're allowed to store all our Pack related stuff, so there's a pinewood derby track, tents, boxes of scouting stuff, old books, etc. I'm in there digging around, with my back facing the rear wall, and her in front of me, between me and the door. All of a sudden, she looks over my shoulder, face turns to panic, screams bloody murder, and SHOVES ME towards whatever it was that she was witnessing, while spinning around and bolting out the door. I fall backwards towards the object of her horror, thinking the end is near, probably shouting "what the heck", and she screams from beyond the door "There's a MOUSE!" OK, good, it isn't a ghost, or murderer, or Satan, I'm fine.
    Initially, I was a little miffed that her first reaction was to shove me towards the perceived threat, but I quickly realized that she was simply using me for leverage to aid in her acceleration out of the room.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roalho View Post
    ...Initially, I was a little miffed that her first reaction was to shove me towards the perceived threat, but I quickly realized that she was simply using me for leverage to aid in her acceleration out of the room.
    LOL. We all have our purpose in life. I've come to accept mine.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Make sure you get 'em between the eyes. Nothing worse than a wounded one.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Living in the thumb area of MI, we had a mouse that was relentless in defying every trap I set. Like yours, he just carefully ate the cheese, peanut butter, etc.
    A local farmer gave me the winning suggestion. He told me to 'glue' a peanut to the trap...Bingo! The little critter 'was mine' the next day.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ha! Sounds like a battle underway. I understand the need to squash those buggers quite well. I grew up in Baltimore and we used to have family get-togethers at my great grandparents place. The kitchen was just inside the back door and they always left the inside door open with just a little storm door closed as everyone was always coming and going. One evening we're all piled into the kitchen listening to my grandfather reminisce about the old days and the wars and my grandmother just suddenly pipes up with
    "Oh...look at that cute kitty cat. I better go get it something to drink
    "

You see, my great grandmother had spotted in the dusk light a head and two paws up on the middle window of that storm door. She spotted it from across the room, although her eyesight was already failing at that point. I had to stop her and as politely as my teenage vernacular could explain:
    "Grandma... that ain't no kitty cat!"
    It was a bloody RAT! That bugger was the size of a beaver. Standing on it's hind legs it was tall enough to have the head and shoulders above the bottom plate of the storm door and peer in through the mid-section window.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    At my house we have 7 cats and 0 mice. We haven't had a mouse or rat in the last 6 years.

Years ago, I actually did the bb gun thing when I had the same problem with a "mouse". Tried the trap with peanut butter ~ no luck. Tried with cheese ~ no luck. That thing was like Houdini!!! It could steal ANYTHING off that trap without setting it off. So I decided to get cagey too. We had chicken for dinner that night, so I heated up a leftover wing in the microwave and placed it by that little slit by the hot water heater where it apparently was coming out. Next, I sat down in a chair with my bb gun and a portable TV to wait.

About half way thru a show I heard a noise and looked over at the water heater where I saw a huge RAT! He had come through that little hole and was trying to figure out how to get that piece of chicken into his domain! He gave me time to shoot him right between the eyes with a bb, and since then ~ no more problems.

It never ceases to amaze me how those boogers can get through the smallest spaces.

BTY My BB gun is now a new Red Ryder 70th anniversary model. Got my first one when I was nine and have had one or more ever since. I'm 66 now. Still fun to shoot.
    Yeah, My old CCW 9 MM is nicknamed "Barkey"
    New CCW LCP is "Elsie"
    and my 12 Ga S x S Coach gun is "Boomer"
    Wife's weapon is "Miss Pearl" (SP101 .357 w/mother of pearl inserts)
    We're old so we can get away with that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links