Lets all celebrate!

This is a discussion on Lets all celebrate! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll be away from home, all computers, until the 5th of July and just wanted to say: I'll be celebrating the 230th birthday of our ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets all celebrate!

Lets all celebrate!

I'll be away from home, all computers, until the 5th of July and just wanted to say:

I'll be celebrating the 230th birthday of our country with family and friends on the 4th. The wife and I will be taking my son, daughter in law, and our grandkids up into northern Wisconsin for an extended weekend. We'll all be going to the local parade, doing some fishing, jet skiing, shooting, grilling, and in the evening, enjoying the fireworks.

The adoption by the Continential Congress on July 4, 1776, of the Declaration of Independence, proclaiming the severance of the allegiance of the American colonies to Great Britain.

WOW!!!

Stop and think, for a moment, how our country would differ if our forefathers hadn't taken this giant step in our history.

Hope you'll all celebrate with me, FLYING OUR FLAG, and having at great time.

Let us know how you'll be celebrating, or how you celebrated, on this 230th birthday of our country.

I'll be back on the 5th to read your replies.......Bob
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I wont " celebrate " the 4th this year , for personal reasons that have nothing to do with lack of pride in my country . lets just say its a busy time for me trying to get two estates closed out so i can be done with them hopefully .

Edited to add I do wish all here a happy and safe 4th tho ( with explosives , cannon , hunts , skiing , or whateaver to go with it )

re edited to add If all works well i may well throw a july 20th( or so ) pass out fallin down call your momma a pitbull drunk to celebrate the finish of this crap lol
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; June 29th, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

The wife and I leaving Monday for a weeks worth of cruise to Mexico. This will be the third one in three years for us. I would'nt do another cruise again (so soon, anyway) but this one is free so I can't turn it down.

Happy 4th to all of you!

Assistant Administrator
    I shall celebrate in several ways. Local town fireworks in the evening - and probably earlier in the day a picnic. Add to that the fact that this is my first 4th as a true and official US citizen - all done and dusted

Chances are too some blanks will get fired off at some stage
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Chris I for one had not realised that this if your first " Full Fourth " Let me be the first to congradulate you on that fact , and reccomend that you do something special for the day , it is one that can never be repeated for you .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Add to that the fact that this is my first 4th as a true and official US citizen - all done and dusted
    I'm jealous! I don't remember my first 4th.

Assistant Administrator
    Thanks Bob - it will indeed be a particularly meaningful 4th for me.
    Chris - P95

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    If all works well i may well throw a july 20th( or so ) pass out fallin down call your momma a pitbull drunk to celebrate the finish of this crap lol
    Can I join ya? I'm just about done with both my folks. I can relate to your July 20 goal!

Good luck.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I shall celebrate in several ways. Local town fireworks in the evening - and probably earlier in the day a picnic. Add to that the fact that this is my first 4th as a true and official US citizen - all done and dusted
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Just don't get carried away and yell "God Save the Queen!"

We need more like you, Chrs!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I will be thinking about all our Men and women, On duty, On guard,
    and on patrol, Im a Godfearing Man And I pray that God is with them all. God bless all of our Armed forces Where ever they may be.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Assistant Administrator
    Just don't get carried away and yell "God Save the Queen!"
    I won't Richard - I promise
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Chris, on your first Independence Day as a US citizen. Might I recommend that you do something July 4 that you could not do in the UK. Go out and send a few rounds down range in celebration of your right to keep and bear arms.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Can I join ya? I'm just about done with both my folks. I can relate to your July 20 goal!
    lol we may kick it off early bud as things stand now i gotta be in hugo ok ( right near paris tx ) the 7th if not sooner , and shure if you can show up we can do er up lol

if not i got dail up down there we can stage an online drunkeroo on our verry own thread ( till bumper deletes us lol )

Spending the 4th in Sunny NM with some very close friends and my beautiful wife.
    The 2nd is also a big day, 1st year wedding anniversary.

Chris
    We need more immigrants like you. Enjoy your first Independence Day as an American.

Everyone
    Be safe and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    lol we may kick it off early bud as things stand now i gotta be in hugo ok ( right near paris tx ) the 7th if not sooner , and shure if you can show up we can do er up lol

if not i got dail up down there we can stage an online drunkeroo on our verry own thread ( till bumper deletes us lol )
    When you drive to Paris and Hugo on Hwy 82, there's a bump in the road with two exits and a Wal-Mart. Bonham. We're north of the second one about 10 minutes. We'll sit on the deck, drink, stare at the lake until we fall down, and wake up and do'r again. Tell some lies, stare at the stars, and laugh. All welcome!

Bumper wouldn't dare shut us down anyway. The typing will be unintelligible, so no reason to shut'r off - except to keep me from making a fool of myself, which I do on a regular basis anyway.

And special thanks to all of our Armed Forces, past, current, and future!
    Happy Independence Day, Everyone!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links