Would you vote for this guy?

This is a discussion on Would you vote for this guy? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; WOW! C'mon guy, tell us how you REALLY feel... http://vernonrobinson.com/radio.shtml...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you vote for this guy?

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar

Would you vote for this guy?

WOW!

C'mon guy, tell us how you REALLY feel...

http://vernonrobinson.com/radio.shtml

2. Remove Ads

If I was from NC, I might even campaign for him, if his "press" positions, based on my quick read, panned out in reality.

He has sparkling credentials too!

VIP Member
    If I lived in NC, I would contribute to his campaign, campaign for him, and vote for him. We really need more people willing to speak up on the issues and not wait on a poll to determine their position.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Wow! - outspoken but so usefully too!

"Traditional American Values'' - oh yes - I am with him there for sure! I listened to all three audios and watched the vid. Heck - has he got any clones to spead around? I wish it were so.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I sure would not vote for him. I woulnd't vote for the other guy either. They both sound like dip***** to me. I know this isnt a political site so I am not sure if these posts should be on here in anycase.
    I am here so I obviously like and condone guns and support the second ammendment. I am also a native NE boy so that should tell you enough. Keep religion out of government and government out of religion and I'll keep my guns to protect my rights as a human.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

A man with that much guts...

and that agrees with me would ALWAYS get my vote.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I carry a pistol so i dont have to walk in fear of man nor beast , Ill be dammed if i would vote for anyone who panders to fear as his platform .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'd rather not vote than vote for that guy. I wouldn't vote for his opponent either.

Neither one imo support personal freedom.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Sounds like a winner (no pun intended)...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

He's the lesser of two evils, so I guess it would depend on how much I liked the Libertarian candidate, if there is one.
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Illegals crossing over will be as big of a issue as gun control in this upcomming election bank on it.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

DC Founder
    As a conservative, I absolutely would vote for him. If I was a democrat I would probably vote for him more than once....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    As a conservative, I absolutely would vote for him. If I was a democrat I would probably vote for him more than once....
    When I replied to this I almost stated that I would follow the former mayor of Chicago Richard J. Daley's edict, "Vote early and vote often." He was a democrat as I am sure you know.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    While Mr. Robinson supports a long list of issues I also support (the illegal alien issue, especially!) and he's certainly better than his opponent, I would not vote for him. Among other things, while he's against the government interfering with religion (based on the issue page on his website) he is more than happy to have his religion interfere with the government. He can't have it both ways. Separation of the church and state.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty
    While Mr. Robinson supports a long list of issues I also support (the illegal alien issue, especially!) and he's certainly better than his opponent, I would not vote for him. Among other things, while he's against the government interfering with religion (based on the issue page on his website) he is more than happy to have his religion interfere with the government. He can't have it both ways. Separation of the church and state.
    First, I am not trying to start a debate here.
    Second, Betty, let me say I have always respected you, and continue to do so, even though I disagree with you here.

So, please don't take this the wrong way.

I challenge you to quote me the part of the constitution where that phrase appears.

You can't , because it is not there. It comes from a letter from Thomas Jefferson, to the Danbury Baptist Association, reassuring them that the government would not interfere with the church.
    The constitution protects the people from the government, not the other way around.

Last but not least, I am not supporting or defending the guy in the original post. I posted it purely for entertainment purposes, and to spark a discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links