Of sheeple:

Of sheeple:

This is a discussion on Of sheeple: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of my neighbors is your average sheeple. As good sheeple she distrusts anybody with a gun. When I just had recently moved to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Of sheeple:

VIP Member

Of sheeple:

One of my neighbors is your average sheeple. As good sheeple she distrusts anybody with a gun. When I just had recently moved to the neighborhood, she logged a complain with the Association manager because she saw me sharpening a folding knife (which meant she was peeking through the fence) and because she had seen me with bags and cases in which “dangerous people” carry firearms. (I did not know about her complain until much later)
    One night I was enjoying a night on my back porch with the wife when we heard some screaming coming from her house. I retrieved my handgun and went to investigate. To my surprise I saw 3 males from 15 to 19 in her backyard and I politely asked what they were doing. The oldest started on a tirade about they were only getting some fruit and complaining that the woman was a “B….” to which I pointed out that, unless she had given them permission to be on her property, they were breaking the law. The 19 year old got all huffy and puffy/gansta till he saw me move my shirt and place my hand on my gun. All three kids disappeared in a flash.
    I checked with the lady and she was doing fine but scared. I told her not to worry that I would give police the description of the males so they could talk to them and show them the errors of their ways. She blinked hard at me and asked “what police?” and then it was my turn to ask her: ”You didn’t call 911?” Apparently she forgot! I went home.
    It was like 2 or 3 months later I found out about the complain and that she is anti-gun (although not in front of me) but the funny thing is that when her husband goes on a trip, first thing she does is to call me and let me know she will be alone and “to keep an eye on the house” meaning her of course.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Assistant Administrator
    Somewhat of a classic Miggy - ''I hate guns but will you be there to protect me''

Great many folks IMO who are unwillinging to take personal responsibility for protection and yet seem happy to lay that duty on others.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

We know several people like that, one's a neighbor. She showed up one afternoon - not sure what had happened at her house, if anything, but instead of calling 911, she is in our driveway since she knows I'd have a gun. Everything turned out fine, she just got jumpy being there alone.
    Sheep can be quite odd.

Senior Moderator
    In defense of sheeple...

Most of them simply dont now how to act in a bad situation.

They have never given any thought to the fact that something might happen to "them" more so if they happen to live in a decent neighborhood where they feel that they are shielded from bad things that happen. Its a mind game. Their mind tellls them that they live in a nice house, with nice people all around them, and when the SHTF all they have to do is call 911 and the police will take care of anything out of the norm that they may encounter.

When something beyond their control happens, it can be a devastating blow to their moral for a long time....escpecially for a man that thinks he can respond to anything and handle it...which is wishful thinking because they have been trained to be sheeple all of their lives.

Even with the hard core anti's... it can be quite a shock to them to see the light and realize that perhaps things arent as they have been taught. That is the time to be gentle with them, because they are "tender" and due to their state of mind, they are more apt to listen to reason and reconsider their stance in life and their responsibilitys. Thats a good time to educate them. It is unfortunate that it sometimes takes a life threatening event to wake them up. but if one is patient even they can be turned around.

Ya never know until you try. There is a remote possibility that you can turn them around completely. Not only will it make them "aware", but someday they just might be added to the list of pro gun voters.

VIP Member
    Good post, HotGuns

Not all who open their eyes will see the light, but those who do will be on our side
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

You may want to (and I don't know if this is a good idea) throw a "curve" into this. The next time that she is home alone and calls, tell her that you "think" you may be home but had been planning on taking the family out (hence, leaving her "defensless").

Maybe, just maybe you can get her and her husband (if he is an anti, you never know, he may be a closet gun person but doesn't say anything due to his wife) to start to think about defending themselves.

It seems like she has started to use you as her own personal "LEO" but she needs to know that the real LEO's and even a personal 'leo' can't be around all the time.

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    The best advice for someone like this is "call 911"....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Administrator

Well, everyone knows that if you just don't think about bad things happening to you...they never will.

Just don't think about it and nothing will ever happen to you.

Bad things happen to good people in good neighborhoods. Fact of life. You have become the defender of the neighborhood in your neighbors mind or so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns

In defense of sheeple... ...........

That is the time to be gentle with them, because they are "tender" and due to their state of mind, they are more apt to listen to reason and reconsider their stance in life and their responsibilitys. Thats a good time to educate them. It is unfortunate that it sometimes takes a life threatening event to wake them up. but if one is patient even they can be turned around.

Ya never know until you try. There is a remote possibility that you can turn them around completely. Not only will it make them "aware", but someday they just might be added to the list of pro gun voters.
    Excellent, Dr. HotGuns! It's a great opportunity to engage them, and help them see the light. Create RKBA proponents!

The "movement" could be expanded too: Sheeples Anonymous:
    A 12 step program to regain your self-suffiency and the safety of you and your family.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Moderator
    The "movement" could be expanded too: Sheeples Anonymous:
    A 12 step program to regain your self-suffiency and the safety of you and your family.
    We would have to rename it because "sheeple" dont think of themselves as sheeple.That wont wash... as they are just average people that dont think of the "whats ifs" because it could be too fearsome for their little brains to engage.

I like the 12 step program idea though. That could work.

Step 1... would be to put them in a prison for a few weeks so that they could see the predators out there that they have never thought of.

Step 2...take them into the homes of surviving victims of violence, and let them speak with the folks whos lives have been forever changed

Step 3...get them to do a ridealong with the local cops...on a long holdiday weekend,preferably a hot Saturday night with a full moon

Step 4...Force them to listen to the mantras of the "Coalition to Prevent Handgun Violence "while watching a Powerpoint presentation of photos of rape and murder victims. Expose them to some of the ridiculous quotes by some of our Senators, Congressmen and Chiefs of Police that advocate reliance on the Police for protection

Step 5 ...Show them cases reviewed by the Supreme Court that say that the Police have no requirements to protect private citizens in general

Step 6...Teach them about the history of Gun Control and how governments thoughout history have made it illegal to own weapons for their own self defense. Show them that soon thereafter when it becomes illegal to defend oneself against anything, how violent crime skyrockets within a few years.

Step 7...Show them the most recent examples of genocide where citzens were disarmed, China, Russia,Somalia,Rwanda, El Salvador,Bosnia, Irag,the Jews in WW2 to name of few. We dont even have to go that far back in history..we've had enough in the last 2 decades to suffice

Step 8... Let them talk to folks that have sucessfully defended themselves with firearms.

Step 9...teach them to shoot. Teach them the mindset to survive at all costs and to never give up. Teach them Responsibility and the fact that only they can be responsible for their safety and the safety of their familys. Teach them the skills to survive and win a violent encounter.

Step 10...Teach them to practice, and how to practice effectively as practice dosent make perfect...only perfect practice makes perfect.

Step 11...To make sure that they never forget...teach the history of this country and how we came to become independant of England. Explain why the first shots were fired and why it was nessecary to own guns.

Step 12...Expose every single antigun Legislator in office that would disarm us and teach them how to vote for someone that has their best interests at heart...not someone that would subvert the Constitution of this country or voluntarily yield authority to a corrupt,unelected foreign entity that wants to rule the world.

and if none of the above works...

somebody has to be cannonfodder.

When the times comes that the 10% of Good folks engage the 10% of those that are EVIL and the 80% of those in the middle get killed in the crossfire, you can console yourself in the fact that you did all you could to prevent that from happening.

Thats a good idea Rock and Glock ! Now make it happen !

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    HotGuns your post was so good no need for me to say another word. Oh Wait! Shot placement.

Assistant Administrator
    I'll second that HG - perfect!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

You know, hotguns, you should write that up and apply for govt. funding!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

My neighbor is pro gun which is great but his health is troubling him so I try to keep an eye and ear open for him.
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links