Out on bond

This is a discussion on Out on bond within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...c04-ar-540227/ Goochland, Va. -- SNIP Henrico County jail records show that Kwamane G. Davis, 21, was released Saturday, less than 24 hours after a judge ...

Thread: Out on bond

VIP Member

Thumbs down Out on bond

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...c04-ar-540227/

Goochland, Va. --
    SNIP
    Henrico County jail records show that Kwamane G. Davis, 21, was released Saturday, less than 24 hours after a judge set a $100,000 bond for Davis, who is charged with first-degree murder and two other felonies.
    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

According to court testimony, Hardy had attacked a cousin of Davis' seconds earlier, firing three shots from a .38 caliber handgun into Alvin Daniels' back. Daniels survived but is paralyzed.

If the above is true, I believe his shooting of Hardy would be justified. He might have a problem if he's not allowed possession of a weapon, but if Hardy had shot my cousin three times, he would be dead if I was present and physically able to respond.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    If the above is true, I believe his shooting of Hardy would be justified. He might have a problem if he's not allowed possession of a weapon, but if Hardy had shot my cousin three times, he would be dead if I was present and physically able to respond.
    It may be found to be found to have been justified.

However, I still have a problem with someone charged with charged with first-degree murder and two other felonies (would like to know what they were) being on the street -- even under what sounds like house arrest.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Biggest question would be justified or not second is what are the other 2 felonies for lot of if's here but im normally against bail for certain crimes

I still wonder where these people come up with the non-refundable bucks a bondsman charges, typically 10%. I'm a working professional, and I don't have $10K lying around to hand over!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I still wonder where these people come up with the non-refundable bucks a bondsman charges, typically 10%. I'm a working professional, and I don't have $10K lying around to hand over!
    Don't know for sure, but I think the bondsmen are willing to do stuff like take liens on the BGs mom's house, car, salary.
    I'll ask someone I know who is a PI and bondsman.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    mighty good question id love to hear the answer to that one i work 60+ a week and dont live beyond our means and still dont have that kinda money to just say here ya go could be drug money??

Charged with FIRST DEGREE MURDER would get you a NO BAIL in most places. Any fellon with a gun, shooting justified or not should get you 5 years minimum.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The courts will take liens, like your house, in lieu of a cash bond.

If they think he acted in self defense, why is he being charged? Should be no bond.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The courts will take liens, like your house, in lieu of a cash bond.

If they think he acted in self defense, why is he being charged? Should be no bond.
    Come on now... You've been around long enough to know the answer to that question. Ever heard of overzealous prosecutor/da/ada etc...? What about an agenda? Oh no...that never happens. Good people busted for a good shoot never get railroaded... Innocent until PROVEN guilty. It's the only way to go or we're all screwed...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I'm gonna wait for more facts to come in. I'm not sure what the big picture is on this one. Is he a felon or is he accused of a felony? Big difference. The shooting part seems justified but who knows.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Links