Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

This is a discussion on Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZRM-P46rI unknown if this has been confirmed or not Here is a statement from oath keepers http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/...from-hospital/ Like I said I dont know all of ...

Thread: Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvZRM-P46rI

unknown if this has been confirmed or not

Here is a statement from oath keepers

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/...from-hospital/

Like I said I dont know all of the allegations brought against this man but I know it's worth passing the word

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    At this point we don't really know if this is real or a hoax, and we don't know "the other side," if any.
    I haven't seen anything about this on the national news yet.

In the past we have discussed the premise of this group and I have repeatedly made it clear that military members must take one oath and one oath only--- the official one given on entry, and secondary oaths are at best unpatriotic and in some situations criminal violations of UCMJ.

VIP Member
    Well sounds kinda fishy to me. First of all it is on the youtube page with a UFO documentary but anyways

If the membership/association with the Oathkeepers was listed the person giving the info may have made false unknowing statements about the organization. I am interested to see what the other allegations are. Are there any other children involved, drugs, physical or sexual abuse or so on. I am going to have to reserve judgement til more facts come out.
    I hope Oathkeepers, and I am sure they will, take this one step at a time and investigate the hows and whys before they jump in with both feet in what could turn out to be an embarrassing situation.
    If this is real can't believe the news has not picked up on it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Seems sketchy to me, specially the Youtube vid
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

yeah its sketchy but in todays government it is possible

Senior Moderator
    Thread moved to the "Off Topic" section. I don't see a prolonged future for this thread, to be honest, since it seems destined to head into the sort of political discussion that is inappropriate for the site.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Yeppers.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

The implication being: the reason for taking his child is that he's one of "those" OathKeepers, nothing else.

Almost certainly, there's more to this than being told.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Citizen: You pulled me over because of my skin color.
    Cop: No, I pulled you over because you were doing 60 in a 35mph zone and weaving all over the road.
    Reporter: PROFILING! PROFILING!
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

There are numerous legitimate reasons why the authorities might have taken the child, assuming this did actually happen.
    I will have to watch the video again, but I was having sound problems. Does anyone know the name of the hospital where this allegedly occurred? I remember the reporter asking for it but don't remember ever hearing the name given.
    ETA: After reading the Oath Keepers page on it I believe it did happen, but not because he was an Oath Keeper.
    If you notice the Oath Keepers page refers to other allegations that they would not specify. It may simply be a matter of the mother being a chronic substance abuser and the child tested positive for an illegal drug of some kind. This sort of thing happens every day all over the country. If that is why it happenned it is being ignored by the MSM because it simply isn't news.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

mcp1810, IIRC the name of the hospital was in the title or description of the video. Concord Hospital.

From the Oath Keepers page:
    UPDATE : 10/07/2010 10.53PM PST -- We have confirmed that the affidavit in support of the order to take the child from her parents states ,along with a long list of other assertions against both parents, that “The Division became aware and confirmed that Mr. Irish associated with a militia known as the Oath Keepers.” Yes, there are other, very serious allegations. Out of respect for the privacy of the parents, we will not publish the affidavit. We will leave that to Mr. Irish. But please do remember that allegations do not equal facts -- they are merely allegations (and in my experience as a criminal defense lawyer in small town Montana I saw many allegations that proved to be false).
    I don't recall hearing anything other than his membership in the Oath Keepers as being mentioned in the interview as a reason they might take the child. Did I miss the other allegations or were they simply not mentioned?
    And as stated, allegations do not equal facts. Including allegations against the government.
    It is going to take a lot more than a single sentece taken out of context to get me to believe that his being an Oath Keeper is why they took the kid.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Why was his association with Oath Keepers even mentioned or considered in the first place? And I wasn't aware that O.K. were a "militia".
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Why was his association with Oath Keepers even mentioned or considered in the first place? And I wasn't aware that O.K. were a "militia".
    I wasn't aware of it either, but without seeing it in context we have no way of knowing what was meant by it.
    Did they also mention he was a Boy Scout? Did they also say his wife is a member of the chamber of commerce? I am not saying that they are, but if they were and it was noted along with the Oath Keepers maybe in section on how they are tied to their community would it be a big deal?
    They could have noted that in the hopes that some of the people that responded out there were Oath Keepers also so they could more easily establish a rapport with Mr. Irish and could maybe discuss the situation with him in terms he could better relate to than just some suit and tie who knows nothing more about the family than what is in the file.

The less forthcoming they are with information, the less I trust them.

Links