Caliber Wars ... or .... Help I need a 12 step program

This is a discussion on Caliber Wars ... or .... Help I need a 12 step program within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now guys I have to confess a problem . I don't know *** I am going to do and am asking for some forum wisdom ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliber Wars ... or .... Help I need a 12 step program

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

Caliber Wars ... or .... Help I need a 12 step program

Now guys I have to confess a problem . I don't know *** I am going to do and am asking for some forum wisdom .

Caliber wars seem to be my irrestable addiction. I hate the dammed things , but I cant help my self , when I see that XXmm vs XXcal I just KNOW that no matter how I resist I will wind up reading every incept opinion from everyone . I mean , this type thread is truly the call of the mall ninja , and the Barkalounger Bada$$ . As I scan the text in disgust and self loathing , I wonder Just where did this compulsion come from , Why am I compelled to not only read , but worse attempt to comprehend the posts ?

Now you have to understand , in spite of my online screen name , I don't watch Opra , or Jerry Springer , or Montel , ect.. I don't live in a trail...... (ok wait a min I do live in a trailer , but ****** its a double wide, besides the title calls it a " modular home " or some such .) Yet every time I see a cal war thread , its like a bee to honey ( or more accurately a fly to ..... well you know ) there I go .

Its not like I suffer from caliber envy since I am secure in what I carry and will not have my opinion changed one whit by an Internet thread. Its not like I am seeking a magic bullet ( tho my order for a star treck phaser is on backorder ) yet here I go unreasoning and for the most part unnoticed.

I suspect I am not alone on this addiction and thought I would thro out the idea of mutual support for the forum , maby we could have a slogan or something such as " I can shoot so it don't matter anyway " , or " My other gun is a rifle" , or even " Oh no , Not this crap again " .

So what to you think when its all done , I mean how does the 10mm stack against that baretta tomcat in .25 ??
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

Red-
    You are absolutely right. My solution was to buy all of the calibers in as many pistols as I can, then at least I have it. The Missus has lost count, so if I sneak them in, it's o.k. As for the 10mm vs the Tomcat .25, you can get off 2 Tomcat rounds by the time the recoil of the 10mm subsides, and .25 and .25 = .50 and isn't the .50 bigger than a 10mm? That's how I solve those problems.

John

P.S. the phasers are on backorder because they ran out of dialithium crystals.

roflmao John , for myself i say " Ya know , ya cant reliably stop anyone with that .25 anyway honey , i better just bring home that ( fill in the gap here )
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Own as many different calibers as ya can then it don't matter

VIP Member
    the solution is what my life aim is......

BUY ONE OF EVERYTHING MADE!.

tO BAD MY WALLET KEEPS STOPPING ME.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Moderator
    So what to you think when its all done , I mean how does the 10mm stack against that baretta tomcat in .25 ??
    The 10 mm has way too much recoil for the average Joe to use effectivley. Even the highly trained government officials of the FBI couldnt handle its awesome power and recoil and after several hundred recruits flunked the firearms quals they spent several million in taxpayer funds to do a study on it...and came to the conclusion that the average sissyfied politically correct agent of today couldnt handle it.

Therefore...using those facts as a basis for my argument means that the Beretta Tomcat in the .25 caliber is a SUPERIOR weapon in every way for the average citizen to carry.

It's easier to conceal, has virtually no recoil and is cheaper to boot, making the powers that be in the FBI extremely happy so that they could spend that much more on the high performance ammo for the 25ACP.

Therefore...using those facts as a basis for my argument means that the Beretta Tomcat in the .25 caliber is a SUPERIOR weapon in every way for the average citizen to carry.
    besides them little qurarter inch holes are just soo cute ya know lol

RedNeck: I say we call it "Dr. RR Caliber Therapy"! You get to be the sole moderator (except for Bumper), and none of the forum "rules" would apply to you!

Look, reading those silly threads can be quite entertaining, but as entertainment, it's pretty good. Cheap. No alcohol, drugs, or women required. Quiet. Peaceful.

BTW....Where'd ya order that Phaser? Been trying to find one myself.....I've always thought having anything less than a minigun mounted on a Blackhawk was a waste of effort..........a phaser would be the best.....
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

R&g , my phaser is on backorder from www.mallninja.com , they say they will be shipping aout two months off the date of the m60 , go and order lol

Administrator

Talking The Caliber Wars

Well, our CombatCarry forum 9mm VS .45acp has gone on now for what?
    25 pages??

I am guessing that by the time that thread hits 120 pages...we'll FINALLY know which caliber is the winner.

I'm just going to continue to carry my .22 Rimfire SHORT cheap, antique, Belgian Import No Name little revolver & hope that somebody quickly decides which is better so...I can finally go out and buy one or the other.

I've been waiting for nearly 25 years to buy one or the other but, nobody can seem to decide on which one is BETTER!

So come on folks...which one IS REALLY BETTER...the 9mm or the .45?

And...so it begins again. haha
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A lot of people look to LE as a guide of how to select a proper defensive weapon system. LE as a whole (including local and federal agencies) are some of the poorest examples of how to choose a defensive caliber. For all intents and purposes, they have to select ONE gun that will fit hand sizes from small women to large men, select ONE caliber that small women to large men can handle, select ONE load in said caliber to effectively penetrate to the vitals to stop a threat, yet not too much as to not upset the city lawyers who are sweating over the myth of overpenetration. That is quite a task. We civilians are blessed in that we can buy and carry whatever we want.

With being able to speak to coroners and read about dead people laying on a stainless steel table in a morgue, I am more than now convinced that the 40S&W, 10mm (full power), and 45ACP are the better of the bunch. This is from the famous thread as well as speaking with the coroner of Brown County, WI (I lived across the parking lot from him in Green Bay. Nice guy.) and reading books and speaking with doctors.

I have made my choice to carry either 10mm (full power) or 45ACP, as these have consistently better track records of penetration in REAL WORLD shootings.

Now the only times I enter caliber wars on the Net is to bash ballistic gelatin testing.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Caliber war threads are quite the proverbial Internet train wreck aren't they. I can't help but read them, I usually don't post though.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Yeah, I haven't even replied to the 9 vs 45 thread.....
    Seen too many of those.....
    The 10mm definitely "rocks", but is sure fun to shoot....
    Here's a comparison for thought: S&W 500 mag vs .22 short Colibri...

Hmmmm..... the Colibri has less recoil.......
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Assistant Administrator
    So come on folks...which one IS REALLY BETTER...the 9mm or the .45?
    C'mon QK - neither! It's the 45-70 of course
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    C'mon QK - neither! It's the 45-70 of course
    No it isn't.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links