More Paranoia In The UK

More Paranoia In The UK

This is a discussion on More Paranoia In The UK within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From the UK Times (My apologies if this has been posted before): 13 June 2006 A mother-of-one has been jailed after a stash of ammunition ...

1943 - 2009

Angry More Paranoia In The UK

From the UK Times (My apologies if this has been posted before):

13 June 2006
    A mother-of-one has been jailed after a stash of ammunition was uncovered in her home during a police raid.

Harrow Crown Court heard April McKenzie, 23, of Milford Gardens, Wembley, allowed the rucksack containing the large quantity of cartridges to be stored in her home.

On October 26 last year police executed a search warrant on the property in a quiet residential street.

No one was in and officers found in a bedroom the bag containing 44 unfired cartridges for two types of firearms, 12 were loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact.

They also discovered two different cartridges also loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact, three separate unfired cartridges, 15 more cartridges with two loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact and two fired cartridges with shortened cases.

McKenzie was arrested when she returned home while the raid was in progress.

Ramell Jones, 20, of Rainham Road, Kensal Green, owner of the rucksack, gave himself up to police.

On Monday the pair admitted two offences under the Firearms Act.

McKenzie was sentenced to six months and a year in jail for each charge.

Jones was sentenced to 18 months and three years.

The sentences will run concurrently.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
    From the UK Times (My apologies if this has been posted before):

12 were loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact.
    Well there you go, she was obviously a serial killer on the lamb!!

That is just so unbelievable.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Not seen this before.
    bag containing 44 unfired cartridges for two types of firearms, 12 were loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact.

They also discovered two different cartridges also loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact, three separate unfired cartridges, 15 more cartridges with two loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact and two fired cartridges with shortened cases.
    So - this is a stash eh? They'd have a field day with what most of us hold!

I have long since ceased to feel much surprise with what happens over there any more.

On the one hand we have folks being totally screwed for having a few rounds of ammo - and yet we also hear about all the crimes that will no longer be prosecuted.

Something wrong here - can we say disparity - crazyness.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Not seen this before.So - this is a stash eh? They'd have a field day with what most of us hold!

I have long since ceased to feel much surprise with what happens over there any more.

On the one hand we have folks being totally screwed for having a few rounds of ammo - and yet we also hear about all the crimes that will no longer be prosecuted.

Something wrong here - can we say disparity - crazyness.
    Exactly. All the crimes that won't be prosecuted..... I guess the UK will end up being controlled by criminals and all the decent people will be in jail.

isn't it already?

Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Exactly. All the crimes that won't be prosecuted..... I guess the UK will end up being controlled by criminals and all the decent people will be in jail.
    I thought it already was?

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova
    I thought it already was?
    Good point. I believe you're right.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    "Mother Country" my eye teeth.

There are those who would have it happen here.

Over there you get to go to prison for shooting someone who is trying to kill you (as well as for what this poor lady has "done").

Sick, sick world.

VIP Member
    So the question is...

Suppose some guy broke into her house to burglarize it. He sees the stuff and turns her in (I know, not likely to happen, but go with me on this). They tell him, "don't do that any more" and send him home. Then she gets 2 years and the other guy gets 4 1/2.

Does anyone in that country see anything wrong with this?!? Or are they all so scared of guns (even though one was not directly involved in this) that they are OK with it?

Sorry, Chris. Don't mean to rag on the homeland.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    ....a sad state of affairs in "merry" ol' England.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    officers found in a bedroom the bag containing 44 unfired cartridges for two types of firearms, 12 were loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact.
    How sad and twisted that a once-great nation (sorry Chris...) has reduced itself to living in fear of hollow-point ammunition...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    John (and Rick) - you can ''rag'' on the ''homeland'' all you want - I do!!!

I may have had the place as my origin but long ago felt little loyalty to the general run of things and anyways - I am an American now
    Chris - P95

VIP Member
    .....for two types of firearms, 12 were loaded with a bullet designed to expand on impact........

I have that more on my person.

I have been watching UK stories for some time now. My conclusion is that their country is spinning faster & faster the closer it gets to the drain. It's a damn shame that the people have allowed their government to turn them back into serfs.

-from banning guns (see how well that worked...NOT)
    -to now banning knives (that'll work about as well as banning guns)

I thought a few months ago, that they might get their act together. The reason I thought that (briefly ), was they were passing legislation to make it easier to protect yourself from attack (previously ILLEGAL ). Then most of it was watered down.

One of the last stories to come out was that 'Bobbies' had been ordered to not arrest burglars, thieves...etc...Just to give them a warning. & let them go. How asinine is that? They have effectively given the keys to the kingdom to the miscriants.

The bad thing is this attitude is CONTAGIOUS! Look at Australia & Canada. If it wasn't for the Second Amendment & 100 million gun owners, we would have joined them as well.

Here is a few other examples....

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm
    Things is the UK are getting bad. I have a close friend who owns a cottage there & visits frequently. The man that takes care of his cottage, lives on a farm nearby. One night he was attacked by what are called 'gypsies'. He tried to defend himself with a shovel, in the ma-lay that followed he injured one of the 'gypsies'. When the bobbies arrived, this man defending his life & property was arrested! The 'gypsies' were trespassing & stealing items from his barn & when he tried to stop them, the OWNER gets arrested! The only good thing to come of this was when the trial came up, the jury could see how ridiculous this was & found him not guilty.

My friend had to fly over to testify at this trial. Since then I have been sending him all the incidents I come across of that have to do with then silly stories about guns, burglaries, attempts at self defense that I can.

Some of these articles are ridiculous & the outcomes would NOT be tolerated here in the USA.(at least not yet)

Here are some of some of the Headlines:

- U.K. torchlight possession bans flames
    - How police used £10,000 to stalk route of an apple-eating driver (they used helicopters, because she was eating an apple while driving)
    - Wardens get DNA kit to trap spitting drivers
    - 10 crimes a year solved (crimes solved per bobbie)
    - Knife sales to be banned
    - Hats off for British easyInternetcafes as baseball caps banned
    - A contract is still a contract – even if it is a contract to kill (A woman who hired a hitman to kill her has been awarded £2,000 because she is still alive)
    - Now brainstorms are off the agenda (the buzzword...has been deemed politically incorrect by civil servants)
    - Anti-Gun Campaigner Attacks 'Heavy-Handed' Police (anti-gun campaigner today criticized police as “heavy handed” after she was arrested for having a pump-action sawn-off shotgun in her home.
    - Armed police swoop on boy waving a toy gun while playing cowboys and indians in the street
    - Baby fined for littering (16 month old BABY boy landed his dad with a £50 litter fine — for throwing an empty can out of his pram.)
    - In a recent report, England’s top lawyer - Attorney-General Lord Goldsmith – was quoted as saying that criminals’ rights need to be protected as well as victims.
    - British disarmament policy, new knife ban only produces rising crime
    - Burglary victim had gun (THE victim of a vicious armed burglary is facing jail after confessing he kept a gun at his home "for protection".)
    - CALL TO BAN FAKE GUNS
    - CAUGHT IN GUN TERROR (A FISHING trip turned into a nightmare for a Sheffield father and son after they were surrounded by armed police and locked up - for buying toy guns.)
    - Clay shoot triggers police call-out (ARMED police were out-gunned - when they ambushed a clay-pigeon shoot)
    - Country crime is crippling industry (Two thirds of people living in the rural West Midlands said they had been victims of crime in the past year at a cost to businesses of more than £580,000, according to business leaders.)
    - Disruptive toddlers to be treated as potential criminals (CHILDREN as young as three are to be singled out by nursery staff if they display aggressive behavior, according to a government report)
    - Gun law: don't shoot first, shout (Countryfolk must try to scare off their prey before opening fire)
    - England has worst crime rate in world (England and Wales have the highest crime rate among the world's leading economies, according to a new report by the United Nations.)
    - Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his shotgun (strawberry farmer Eric Jarnet is fuming after police confiscated his shotgun on his 70th birthday because they feared he might emulate Norfolk farmer Tony Martin. Mr Martin became a national figure after the shotgun killing of a burglar at his farmhouse.)
    - Father faces prison for having stun gun (A FATHER who was beaten with a mallet and had his flat burnt down will spend Christmas behind bars after admitting possession of a stun gun he claimed was for his own safety.)
    - Forced out, jeweller whose wife was shot dead (A jeweller who refused to bow to "lawlessness" after his wife was shot dead during an armed raid at their shop closed his family business yesterday after falling victim to another theft.
    Victor Bates said he was "utterly dispirited" after the latest incident, in which he held the suspected thief for almost half an hour in a shop full of customers as he waited for police to arrive.)
    - Free, raid victim who fired a gun (A DECORATED former soldier walked free from court after firing a starting pistol when two men threatened him on his doorstep. But ex-special forces soldier Colin Tattersdale is now in hiding after one of the men told the court: "I want him out on the street so I can do him myself.")
    - Gun crime fears 'hitting tourism' (Visitors are being scared away by violence and binge drinking
    Nottingham's image as the gun crime capital of the UK is keeping visitors away - according to a council report.)
    - Doctors' kitchen knives ban call (doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.)

This is but a few I have about three times this many from the past 2-3 years. As you can see, the UK has some thing really really wrong going on. True, they are a sovereign country & can do whatever they like. Our fear in the USA is that our politicians want to emulate them. THAT CAN NOT BE TOLERATED!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I may have had the place as my origin but long ago felt little loyalty to the general run of things and anyways - I am an American now
    And happy to have you.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Assistant Administrator
    Thanks John - appreciated.

I truly feel ''at home'' as well as among friends. It is a good feeling.
    Chris - P95

Links