Wal-Mart: The workers viewpoint

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart: The workers viewpoint within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; having read many threads here about life as an armed patron of Wal-Mart, I thought some of us might be interested in this article about ...

Thread: Wal-Mart: The workers viewpoint

Wal-Mart: The workers viewpoint

having read many threads here about life as an armed patron of Wal-Mart, I thought some of us might be interested in this article about what it's like to work for Wal-Mart. It doesn't sound so great.

http://gawker.com/5666719/life-at-wa...yline=true&s=i
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

2. Remove Ads

Heh, I worked there for 6 years (at 3 different stores) and I can tell you how the employees are treated VARIES GREATLY depending on the specific management at that store - which is subject to change at any point when corporate wants to send in a new store manager. I worked at 1 of the stores for barely a year, and it was HE double hockey sticks, the other two stores, were fairly OK. All employers (at my pay bracket anyway) are out to screw you over, so the BS is not just limited to WalMart.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

If I heard things correctly my local walmart just lost 3 employees due to an incident the other night. Guy and girl one are engaged. Girls get pregnant, possibly by another guy. Guy dumps girl and dates girl 2. Guy and girl 2 jump girl 1 in the walmart parking lot and put her in the hospital. One employee in the hospital and 2 suspended. Interesting. It's an adventure, like a safari. Lot's of wildlife and some guns.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links