Sirius radio!!!

Sirius radio!!!

This is a discussion on Sirius radio!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Long story short, my Sirius radio in my PU was due for renewal sometime soon... looking at my VISA statement showed they hit my CC ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius radio!!!

Angry Sirius radio!!!

Long story short, my Sirius radio in my PU was due for renewal sometime soon... looking at my VISA statement showed they hit my CC for $482.00!!!

Outraged I called them and they explained it was an automatic renewal for 3 years... I replied you never called, e mailed, or snail mailed me for authorization, I never agreed to this so just refund the whole thing and cancel my service, that satellite radio was not worth that much when I can get local FM for free.....

They transfered me to someone to cancel and they offered me a deal on 1 year and I agreed to it with a refund to my CC for the difference......

60 days go by still no refund so I call them, yes I have a close to $400.00 credit on my account, I ask why was it not put on my CC and they say... get this they do not have my CC no to refund it to!!!!

I ask them how the heck did they just go and with out my authorization charge my CC for the 482, but were unable to have my CC no to refund it, further how is it that they never bothered to call, mail, or e mail me telling me I had a credit????

Yeah lots of excises with apologies but no answers, but the swore up an down it will be on my card within the next 10-14 business days, and I said that is what you said last time, and I want interest!!!

in 10 days I will be on the phone to them again this time I want a supervisor and not some phone hack, so beware if you have a Sirius account!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member

Thumbs down Sirius

I canc'd Sirius for similar reasons. They even billed an canceled/expired CC, but needed a new CC number to return the funds.

It all started with the "free" 6 months when I purchased my Fusion.

<snip> Nevermind - I got mad all over again as I typed the details.

Over the course of time I was offered more "free" service to further evaluate their programing, again a CC was required to start. Eventually I demanded that they turn it off and keep the balance, but they couldn't do that either. It took 6-8 months to sort it out; most of that time they were holding my money.

I have friends that can't live without Sirius, but it is not worth the hassle. I do not recommend them, primarily due to poor customer service.

Problems here too.

I started with Sirius at $9 a month. As time went on I noticed my monthly fee had risen to $19 per month. I called them to cancel and it took a while. Since they outsource to India I could hardly understand the person I spoke to. Two weeks later they offered me 3 months free and my old rate of $9.

What a way to do business. I don't miss Sirius at all.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBackerToo View Post
    I canc'd Sirius for similar reasons. They even billed an canceled/expired CC, but needed a new CC number to return the funds.

It all started with the "free" 6 months when I purchased my Fusion.

<snip> Nevermind - I got mad all over again as I typed the details.

Over the course of time I was offered more "free" service to further evaluate their programing, again a CC was required to start. Eventually I demanded that they turn it off and keep the balance, but they couldn't do that either. It took 6-8 months to sort it out; most of that time they were holding my money.

I have friends that can't live without Sirius, but it is not worth the hassle. I do not recommend them, primarily due to poor customer service.
    that actually implies they have some (customer service).... but they act like the monopoly they are can you say arrogant to the point of ignoring their cient.... On the other side of the coin I do like being able to listen to the same station on my long trips, and when I am on those long trips it is nice to be able to tune in FOX news for what is happening out in the real world, and there are parts of the US were there are no radio stations, or all you can get are Spanish ones..... so if you drive a lot then it is handy but for local not necessary......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Had the Same problem with XM/Sirius. I called to cancel and got bounced to a "supervisior" and getting a little loud, she hung up on me. I called back and just what I got an american speaking c/s rep. Refunded the $$ back to c/c.

I had a similar issue with XM (same company). They only charged me for a year rather than three but I didn't authorize it and never got them to refund it. After months of trying I finally just gave it up. I made SURE I called them before the next billing cycle and canceled the account. I have not had anything to do with them since.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

That's horrible.

But on a good note, I'm glad I'm hearing this now. I'm TDY right now and all of our rental cars have Sirius radios in them and I love it. I was seriously considering one for my truck when I got back. Thanks guys.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

I figure why pay for something I can get for free?
    We have good Clearchannel stations here, though I sometimes drive far enough that even they get fuzzy. I have an ipod for long trips, and so far, Apple hasn't ever screwed with my money.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

When my renewal time came they were so nice and kind they automatically signed me up for 360 months, yep you read that right thirty years! It took me several calls over several days but I canceled and have never looked back!
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    When my renewal time came they were so nice and kind they automatically signed me up for 360 months, yep you read that right thirty years! It took me several calls over several days but I canceled and have never looked back!
    Whoa I hope they did not have your CC no!!!!

I noted that XM had billed my CC for $159 for a years service. I didn't need it that badly, so I called to cancel.
    The guy I spoke to offerme the same years coverage for $77. I took it.
    If it happens again next year, I'm outta there.

If their service is that bad then don't even bother dealing with them. Call your CC company and have them do a chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    If their service is that bad then don't even bother dealing with them. Call your CC company and have them do a chargeback.
    What he said,unauthorised CC charge,call CC customer service and get your money back,probably not the first rodeo the CC company has had with those yahoos.I find that FM works fine and if I want uninterrupted music the CD player works really good,and I do remember when 8 track players came out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dukalmighty, I had one of those 8 tracks in my VW Vanagon back in the 80's. Worked good for a while, changed cars and never replaced it. Oh crap, I'm aging myself again...
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

XM/Sirius is bleeding so much red ink each quarter (check it out) I don't think it will be around very much longer to bother their customers.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links