Sadly, I have discovered my brother is a moron - Page 3

Sadly, I have discovered my brother is a moron

This is a discussion on Sadly, I have discovered my brother is a moron within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mike, West Tennessee will be glad to get you back....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sadly, I have discovered my brother is a moron

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Mike, West Tennessee will be glad to get you back.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I wish my brother did not vote. The way it is we just cancel each other out.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I feel your pain bud. Hey, if you move to Oregon (GREAT gun laws) you and I can be brothers and go shooting all the time.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Mike, if your genetic family will not treat you right, build your own family - starting as you have, with your spouse and kids. Then bring in trusted friends, no matter how few. Treat them right, work to keep them together. Then you have something to fall back on.

Genetics doesn't mean squat when it comes to love and affection. Keep what you have, and build on it. Forget the rest. They aren't worth the anger and frustration.

Oh yeah -- use your father and brother as good BAD examples for your kids. "Suzie, remember how you felt when your grandpa didn't [whatever]? Now you can learn not to do that, too. It will make you a better [friend, mom, daughter]..."

Um, -- what about your mother? She alive? She treat you and your family right? Just thinking - don't punish her for the wrongdoings of your father and brother.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences here in Indiana. Hopefully, your family will learn from your example and come around. Did your daughter's band make it to State this Saturday? What class are they in? If they in class C and were in Plainfield last week I may have gotten to watch them perform. My daughter was there with her band. If you are going to Lucas Oil for State this Saturday and are there for the class C bands, come by the Edgewood semi and say hi. Look for the pit dad wearing the INGO hat.

Home is where the heart is. Sounds like you left your heart in TN. I spent my entire life moving with my military family. Some places felt like home, others I could not wait to get away from. I followed my heart (not my gut) to our current home. You'll get back there and this experience will allow you to be happier as a result. Litsten to your gut for food....listen to your heart for happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Mike, West Tennessee will be glad to get you back.
    Thanks Dave. And we will be very happy to be back. I will keep you up to date as to our progress in making back to West TN. If you hear of any jobs open in the area down there for an Electronics tech, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Habib View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences here in Indiana. Hopefully, your family will learn from your example and come around. Did your daughter's band make it to State this Saturday? What class are they in? If they in class C and were in Plainfield last week I may have gotten to watch them perform. My daughter was there with her band. If you are going to Lucas Oil for State this Saturday and are there for the class C bands, come by the Edgewood semi and say hi. Look for the pit dad wearing the INGO hat.
    Check your inbox Mr. Habib. I sent you a PM.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Mike, if your genetic family will not treat you right, build your own family - starting as you have, with your spouse and kids. Then bring in trusted friends, no matter how few. Treat them right, work to keep them together. Then you have something to fall back on.

Genetics doesn't mean squat when it comes to love and affection. Keep what you have, and build on it. Forget the rest. They aren't worth the anger and frustration.

Oh yeah -- use your father and brother as good BAD examples for your kids. "Suzie, remember how you felt when your grandpa didn't [whatever]? Now you can learn not to do that, too. It will make you a better [friend, mom, daughter]..."

Um, -- what about your mother? She alive? She treat you and your family right? Just thinking - don't punish her for the wrongdoings of your father and brother.
    100% I grew up in a family where there were a few members that where no blood relation at all. Now hear I have made a new family for myself of my best friends. Thought I am looking forward to the fact that my one blood sister and one of her “sister” are planning to get a place in queens. My sister is the big family type I am not so I ended up with less “siblings” so you also get more control over family size.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Sorry about your situation, tell them all off and walk away. Thats what I would do! family or not if thier actions are against your values and they don't wanna put the time it to try and be grandparents and uncles then leave and don't worry about it.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I'm the only one to differ. If your father doesn't want to go to band practice, perhaps he'll want to go to dinner instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yet another reason I am so disappointed in this move to Indiana (as if I needed another one). I had hoped to become closer to my family as they still live here.

I have discovered that my brother is an idiot and my father is a jackass.

My brother is proud of the fact that he has never voted nor will he ever vote. He knows nothing of the way the country is run, he doesn't care what laws are passed, whether our guns are banned. The only thing he is concerned with AT ALL is sports. he is a complete moron.

My father, who used to gripe constantly about not getting to see his grandkids when we lived 450 miles away wouldn't get off his butt to go see my daughters band competition last weekend when it was 17 miles from his house. His excuse was, it's too far to drive. It is in a town he regularly drives through for his part time job.

I've had it. We've been here for just 5 months. i am already looking for a job back in Tennessee and if I get one, I will figure out a way to afford moving back.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Over on a Sports BBS that I frequent there is a similar post from a guy saying that his brother is one of those "gun-toting" crazies that is always worrying about "voting" and crud like that, and doesn't get that life is about SPORTS!

To me what's most important is wife and kids (sounds like you too) and extended family is gravy if it is good. Good luck.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

That made me laugh out loud! Thanks, now I look stupid to my co-workers.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Look at the bright side, Tennessee just passed constitutional protection for hunting and fishing and they allow open carry. Start packing!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I'm a young voter (26), relatively speaking, and I don't vote anymore, because I don't want to reward the lesser of two evils (and right now that's Republicans) with my vote. Voting, to me, means that you endorse the policies of the candidates for which you vote. I'd probably get off my duff if there were seriously anti-gun candidates on the ballot in my neighborhood, but even most of the Democrats here are pretty solid on gun issues (As from the NRA). So I don't see the point. Most of my compatriots don't either.

Sponsor
    Can't choose your family and can't chose your neighbors, use your sound judgment and choose good friends.
    Go with the glow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links