eHarmony Range Report

eHarmony Range Report

This is a discussion on eHarmony Range Report within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As mentioned in a previous post , I met a girl on eHarmony who within the first five minutes of our Starbucks date shared that ...

Thread: eHarmony Range Report

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

eHarmony Range Report

As mentioned in a previous post, I met a girl on eHarmony who within the first five minutes of our Starbucks date shared that she had an Oregon and Utah concealed handgun license. At the end of the Starbucks date, we made another date for today to go to the range to fire her new Ruger SR9.

Not knowing what her skill level was, I confirmed that she would bring her gun, ammo, hearing protection, eye protection and a baseball cap. She only questioned the baseball cap.

We meet the next day at a “neutral” location and get in to my car to drive to the range. We had a lot of common interests so conversation was not an issue. We get to the gun club and I drive down to the IPSC range. There was a cowboy match going on and she was just enthralled with all the cowboys dressed in full regalia.

We find an open bay and set up. Here is a picture of her baby and hearing protection she went out and bought. Ya, she likes pink. But she would NEVER buy a pink gun.

IMG_0513.JPG

Oh, ya, here is a picture of Kat with her pink phone.

IMG_0515.JPG

We set up and since I did not know what she knew, I gave her some quick instruction on the 4 rules, stance, grip yada, yada, yada. We got a few yards back and being the gentleman, I let her go first. First shot, dead center. Then she got a little sloppy. She said she was aiming dead center but the holes were going right and down. She let me try the gun. I put it on a bench and tried to get a feel for the sighting. It was pretty darn accurate.

After a few magazines, I showed her how to use a command voice on a BG. I expressed my concern that I would rather have the BG drop the weapon than have to shoot him to avoid the legal hassles, but not at the risk of my life. The drill was to repeat three time:

Drop the weapon…
    DROP THE WEAPON
    DROP THE WEAPON NOW…. Bang, bang, bang

I demonstrated it and then had her do it. I could tell this was the first time she did this type of drill. The first time she said drop the weapon, she must have been thinking, “this is silly”. Then she got into it the second and third time. I do not think I want to get her angry at me.

We shared guns. I let her shoot my Glock, she let me shoot her SR9. Awwwwwwww…

Here are my impressions of the SR9:

Good
    Ergonomic
    Felt good in my hand
    Accurate
    Little recoil (although we were shooting target loads)
    Adjustable sights.
    Glock type trigger
    Loaded chamber indicator
    Some ambidextrous controls

Bad
    Very stiff springs on slide. It was really hard to rack it.
    It was almost impossible to use the slide release control. We had to rack the slide.
    I got pinched a lot in multiple operations of the gun. Ouch. And no one was going to kiss my boo boos to make them feel better
    Slide sometimes failed to lock open after last round
    Magazine did not drop after release.

Conclusion
    Would I buy an SR9? Probably not. I really did not like the stiffness and some of the malfunctions were worrisome.

Here are my impressions of Kat:
    Me thinks there will be a next date.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

The beginning of a journey is always interesting.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Hey! I met my one and only via the internet and a dating site. She compliments me in every way, and she's the best thing for me. She's a shooter as well.
    IMO.....grow together. I think you've found something here. Don't let it pass. IMO...one of those future dates should include a good meal (before or after the range). Best of everything to the both of you!

Congrads on finding a woman that shares your interests. Me and the Trail Boss met in church, and she keeps me in line, and compliments me in every way. Nothin like a good woman. Actually I think behind every good man, stands aneven better woman.

Ditto on Ramrod and Glockman10mm. Like RamRod, I met my better half on an internet dating site and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She was made for me. Good luck with your new friend. Maybe something will come of it. Hang in there.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Thanks for the Ruger range report.
    I was on EHarmony for 13 months & it was a colossal waste of money for me.
    Good luck with the budding relationship!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Congrats and good luck!

I met my wife the good old fashion way, in person ;) But it really doesnt matter...so long as you are both happy.

Sponsored Links