Do ya ever...

This is a discussion on Do ya ever... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do ya ever go shopping on the internet, fill up your cart, go to checkout, and then bug out? I can't count how many times ...

Thread: Do ya ever...

Do ya ever...

Do ya ever go shopping on the internet, fill up your cart, go to checkout, and then bug out?

I can't count how many times I'll go somewhere and select the items I want, with full intentions on buying, and when it comes down to wallet time... I just can't do it.

I dunno what the deal is, I buy stuff on the internet all the time. But, I'll bet that I'll go through this process 10 times, for every time that I actually buy.

Do I have an internet shopping disorder?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

Shipping cost is what usually makes me bug out. Some of them don't tell you up front and you always need to get to check-out before you know the total. Kind of pisses me too.

Yes. All the time. I have a champiagn taste and beer wallet.

I don't do it very often, but I've done it from time to time.
    The back-end starts to hurt and once I remove my wallet, the pain goes away.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Oh, yes. Usually because they are shy about revealing the full price.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Shipping cost is what usually makes me bug out. Some of them don't tell you up front and you always need to get to check-out before you know the total. Kind of pisses me too.
    BINGO !

If I on a new site, I look of info on shipping before loading the basket.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array pinklady's Avatar
    Well it is good to know that I am not the only one that does this.

What you have is ISD (Internet Shopping Disorder) yes. Hang in there, because very soon our fabulous government will come out a government sponsored program for those with ISD and you might be able to draw a check for that.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    What you have is ISD (Internet Shopping Disorder) yes. Hang in there, because very soon our fabulous government will come out a government sponsored program for those with ISD and you might be able to draw a check for that.
    funny

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

RGC
    Did it just this weekend.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    This reason is exactly why I bought my wallet at Target instead of a REALLY deluxe wallet I found came accross in the "what wallet to do you use" thread, the shipping was more than the wallet! Really!? Its a WALLET!? How much could it ACTUALLY possibly cost? Makes ya wonder sometimes if they hike it up a little bit to pocket some change?

I've done it several times. It's usually concerning a product that just before I get ready for check-out I then realize that I really didn't research the items/item enough to know if I'm getting the best deal or not. Sometimes it's the shipping cost that never changes regardless of the quantity or size of the items too. Overstock.com seems to have it going on when it comes to the price for shipping your online purchases. Supposedly, any and everything you order ships for $2.95..... Humm wonder if they sell firearms supplies and such.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Sometimes the shipping cost will cause me to decide against the order. I love Midway but I have backed away on purchases from them several times after viewing the total after shipping and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    This reason is exactly why I bought my wallet at Target instead of a REALLY deluxe wallet I found came accross in the "what wallet to do you use" thread, the shipping was more than the wallet! Really!? Its a WALLET!? How much could it ACTUALLY possibly cost? Makes ya wonder sometimes if they hike it up a little bit to pocket some change?
    I'm sure that they do. At least some of the places. I mean, you can ship a lot of stuff for $5 through the post office, yet they're charging $10 and up for very small items.

Many stores charge shipping based on the price of the merchandise. That doesn't make sense to me; I could see them charging based on bulk, weight, etc. But, why does it cost $20 to ship a $50 flashlight through USPS?

Distinguished Member
    I occasionally add things to my shopping cart at Amazon. It seems to satisfy a shopping instinct (gathering). Eventually they delete it after it has been in there for 3 months. The last item they deleted was a portable smoker.

That's about the extent of my mindless internet shopping. I spend all my hobby internet time HERE now, no time to shop when there is important and breaking news on concealed carry and defensive handgun/shotgun/ar.

Links